Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The problem with that is the deduction for Medicare usually goes up more than the COLA, so your check is still smaller......:(

I am very fortunate in that MassHealth pays for my Medicare payment. I have no idea what it may be. Never have. MassHealth has been paying it since day one. I started to collect at age 62 and worked part time. But for those three years I was covered by Massachusetts BC/BS Master Plan. Again at no cost to me. But that all changed on the day I turned 65. BC/BS ceased and Medicare and MassHealth took over.

Last edited:
I can't make split pea soup. Andersen's Split Pea soup is famous. I think they had restaurants.

They only can it in creamy form now. Huh? :wacko:

Hi, Caslon. :) Why can't you make split pea soup? Just wondering, because it's so delicious and easy. A far cry better than (shudder) Andersen's canned.

What are your issues with making your own? :)

Last edited:
OK then....I just deleted my post that was in response to the not so nice post you deleted. Holy cow....

Last edited:
I mean...come on. A company famous for its "split pea" soup now makes it in creamy only? Times have changed.

Cheryl...try and remember I'm retarded.

Last edited:
I use a smoked ham steak to make my pea soup. I brown the steak in the soup pot first, then remove and chop the steak. I add the ham to the soup pot and leave the little bone in the soup while it's cooking.

Hey God! Yeah, you up there. Can you give me a break please? Now You send down a case of pleurisy on me. Well, I am somewhat grateful. After all it could have been a full blown case of pneumonia. At least I know from past experiences this will only last 24 hrs. at the most.

Calson, go to a Honey Baked Ham store and buy a $9 ham bone. It's worth every penny and has at least two cups of ham on it. Cut the ham off so you can chop it and add it to the soup at the end of cooking so it doesn't get over cooked. Boil up the bone with the peas, add some grated onion and carrot if you want and simmer it till the peas disappear. There's not an easier or more delicious soup to make.

Anderson's Pea Soup is nuclear waste in a can.

Last edited:
Calson, go to a Honey Baked Ham store and buy a $9 ham bone. It's worth every penny and has at least two cups of ham on it. Cut the ham off so you can chop it and add it to the soup at the end of cooking so it doesn't get over cooked. Boil up the bone with the peas, add some grated onion and carrot if you want and simmer it till the peas disappear. There's not an easier or more delicious soup to make.

Anderson's Pea Soup is nuclear waste in a can.
Honey Baked Ham store?

Honey Baked Ham store?
Yup there are stores all over the country, and we have one near us. Here's a store locator..http://locator.honeybaked.com/
I don't buy their overly expensive spiral cut hams, but I do buy their ham bones, and their store hand made to order ham sandwiches that are a lunch bargain at $5 with two sides. :yum:

Last edited:
Yup there are stores all over the country, and we have one near us. Here's a store locator..http://locator.honeybaked.com/
I don't buy their overly expensive spiral cut hams, but I do buy their ham bones, and their store hand made to order ham sandwiches that are a lunch bargain at $5 with two sides. :yum:
The closest one to NJ is Ohio. Oh well. The online store doesn't have ham bones.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom