Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I get it with the weight limit on pets. I tried to have the limit removed or raised but no dice.
A Standard Dachshund can easily get to over 30lb even though the maximum breed standard is 28lb - and nobody can say that Dachshunds are big dogs, My dog is half Dachshund and her dam was well over 30lb in weight. Luckily my little one takes after her Minpin sire regarding size, and is quite small, but even though there is no fat on her, she is rock solid muscle and bone and weighs far more than you would think to look at her. Nowhere near 30lb, but it proves that setting a limit by weight is wrong, because you can't judge a dog by weight.

And speaking of yappy dogs...The only time I've been bitten by a dog it was a Chihuahua/dachshund mix. Little sucker was barking at me, then charged! I've been around larger dogs all my life and never ever was bitten.
Neighbors had yappers. I asked them to keep their two dogs quiet and was brushed off. I made a recording of the two hours of yapping, and played it for the noise control officer, who cited them. The dogs disappeared after that, not my doing.

Notice that I said "live next door to" @Andy? Unlike our neighbors, I would call a dog back in the house once they gave the "I'm ready to come in" bark at the door. We did it that way when I was a kid growing up with a dog.

...Neighbors had yappers. I asked them to keep their two dogs quiet and was brushed off. I made a recording of the two hours of yapping, and played it for the noise control officer, who cited them. The dogs disappeared after that, not my doing.
Only two hours? Our neighbors would occasionally let their two dogs (husky and pomeranian) out, then leave for the day. If the weather changed for the worse, the poor dogs had no shelter. I mean there were two doghouses in the yard, but the neighbors never bothered to make sure that the chain leashes were long enough so the dogs could reach them. Poor dears would huddle under the patio table to keep out of the rain. I kept a log, but Animal Control said that they couldn't do anything unless they were physically present to observe. :rolleyes:

Then there were all those times when the pomeranian would get his chain wrapped around a deck support post and go round and round until he was stuck... That one was as dumb as a box of rocks.

too late.jpg

This is the first day of the week that we will NOT be going to Urgent Care, the Cancer Clinic or Primary Care...I hope. Of course, there's still plenty of time in the day!? Loved getting up at the crack of dawn anyway, but glad that it was for a better reason: today, the new car becomes a toad (RV dinghy).

I am peeved, no, livid about people who invite themselves to visit/stay with us. They will be "in the neighborhood" and can stay with us for X number of days. We are to supply room and board, and listen to their interminable stories about what they are doing, while they take advantage of our hospitality.
The latest couple who tried to impose on us was told nicely but firmly, NO! They seemed a bit peeved . . . .

I am peeved, no, livid about people who invite themselves to visit/stay with us. They will be "in the neighborhood" and can stay with us for X number of days. We are to supply room and board, and listen to their interminable stories about what they are doing, while they take advantage of our hospitality.
The latest couple who tried to impose on us was told nicely but firmly, NO! They seemed a bit peeved . . . .
No, is definitely the right answer! 🤭

I don’t even want the people I like to stay with me, I’m just too old and set in my ways to have overnight guests.

You're perfectly entitled to set your boundaries as you choose. Don't let them get you down. They'll just have to find other accommodations. Maybe this will help them figure out why they're not welcome.

You're perfectly entitled to set your boundaries as you choose. Don't let them get you down. They'll just have to find other accommodations. Maybe this will help them figure out why they're not welcome.
Probably not. People like that generally don't get hints.

Playing phone tag with the landscaper. :(
Mr. O.C.D. next door needs to be put in his place a.s.a.p.
He went well over the top yesterday morning. This mornings wake up call was his pool cleaning/pimp whatever that loud and noisy thing is had me flying out of bed at 7 am!
Taking care of business is the order of the day.

Back
Top Bottom