Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last night I got a pizza from Papa Murphey's. I did not even look at it when I sat the salad on top and brought it home. When I got home, it was wrong. I had ordered a Rancher, which has Canadian bacon, pepperoni, ground beef and mixed onions. I added green peppers to one half for fun. I went to cook it, and it was wrong!!! There were no onions, and no ground beef, and lots and lots of mushrooms! I wish you fungus eaters were here to eat all of those things I had to pick off of my pizza before cooking it. I guess I should have driven the eight miles back to the pizza joint to complain, but I made do. I will need to make sure before leaving next time that things are right!!!

Last night I got a pizza from Papa Murphey's. I did not even look at it when I sat the salad on top and brought it home. When I got home, it was wrong. I had ordered a Rancher, which has Canadian bacon, pepperoni, ground beef and mixed onions. I added green peppers to one half for fun. I went to cook it, and it was wrong!!! There were no onions, and no ground beef, and lots and lots of mushrooms! I wish you fungus eaters were here to eat all of those things I had to pick off of my pizza before cooking it. I guess I should have driven the eight miles back to the pizza joint to complain, but I made do. I will need to make sure before leaving next time that things are right!!!

I hope you at least called them to let them know of their error. And if they suggested that you bring it right back, you would ask if the were going to pay for your gas and time? :(

Venting! Venting! So I go to the eye doctor this morning. I sit not five feet from the TV and I have noticed lately that I find it hard to read anything on the screen. Now about 15 years ago, I was told that I had the start of cataracts developing in the back of my eyes. It seem that they have started to grow and are about ripe for surgery. So next month I get to talk to the surgeon. Oh joy!! Just what I wanted. Another stay in the hospital. I am more ticked off about the hospital than I am about the cataracs. Because of my heart condition, it cannot be a day surgery procedure.

Second vent! They give you these drops that enlarge your pupils so they can see the back of your eyes and if there is any bleeding. No problem there. But why can't they give you drops to counter effect the enlarging. I am sitting here three hours later and am still having a problem seeing.

Vent Three. It seems that they will want to do the left eye first. I don't use my left eye. It is a lazy eye. So do the right eye first. Oh nooo! They want to see if the surgery will improve my vision in that eye. I don't really care if it does. I DON'T use that eye. Sometimes I even close that eye so I can concentrate on what I am seeing with my right eye. Otherwise I would see double.

BIGEST VENT!! They will not be putting me to sleep. It seems they will need my cooperation and will be asking me questions during the surgery. That idea doesn't appeal to me in any way shape or form. I really need to think this whole thing over real good.

Okay. Vent over. Thanks for listening!:chef:

Last edited:
Venting! Venting! So I go to the eye doctor this morning. I sit not five feet from the TV and I have noticed lately that I find it hard to read anything on the screen. Now about 15 years ago, I was told that I had the start of cataracts developing in the back of my eyes. It seem that they have started to grow and are about ripe for surgery. So next month I get to talk to the surgeon. Oh joy!! Just what I wanted. Another stay in the hospital. I am more ticked off about the hospital than I am about the cataracs. Because of my heart condition, it cannot be a day surgery procedure.

Second vent! They give you these drops that enlarge your pupils so they can see the back of your eyes and if there is any bleeding. No problem there. But why can't they give you drops to counter effect the enlarging. I am sitting here three hours later and am still having a problem seeing.

Vent Three. It seems that they will want to do the left eye first. I don't use my left eye. It is a lazy eye. So do the right eye first. Oh nooo! They want to see if the surgery will improve my vision in that eye. I don't really care if it does. I DON'T use that eye. Sometimes I even close that eye so I can concentrate on what I am seeing with my right eye. Otherwise I would see double.

BIGEST VENT!! They will not be putting me to sleep. It seems they will need my cooperation and will be asking me questions during the surgery. That idea doesn't appeal to me in any way shape or form. I really need to think this whole thing over real good.

I have a lazy right eye and close it to read when not wearing my glasses. After they did the drops, that eye kept trying to focus and would sink down to my nose, it was really funny seeing people's faces when I did that.

The upside is that this surgery did my grandmother a world of good. No longer was she buying blue eyeliner pencils to fill in her eyebrows!

I'm stuck in the house all day while my new heating and air conditioning system is being installed. I'm not used to being home all day, I usually find something to get me out of the house.

That and this is costing me about 1/2 what I paid for my car. Yippie! (NOT)

I have a lazy right eye and close it to read when not wearing my glasses. After they did the drops, that eye kept trying to focus and would sink down to my nose, it was really funny seeing people's faces when I did that.

The upside is that this surgery did my grandmother a world of good. No longer was she buying blue eyeliner pencils to fill in her eyebrows!

:LOL::LOL:

Addie said:

No worries, Grasshopper Addie. Cataract surgery is a cakewalk, no pain whatsoever. It's an assembly line, and the most painful thing, for me, was the wait prior to surgery. They give you a relaxant, but you really don't need or want to be asleep. The whole thing is rather fascinating.

They do like to wait between eyes to make sure everything works.

Good luck!

bakechef said:
I'm stuck in the house all day while my new heating and air conditioning system is being installed. I'm not used to being home all day, I usually find something to get me out of the house.

That and this is costing me about 1/2 what I paid for my car. Yippie! (NOT)

Oh, but think of how nice it will be once it's done, Babe!

No worries, Grasshopper Addie. Cataract surgery is a cakewalk, no pain whatsoever. It's an assembly line, and the most painful thing, for me, was the wait prior to surgery. They give you a relaxant, but you really don't need or want to be asleep. The whole thing is rather fascinating.

They do like to wait between eyes to make sure everything works.

Good luck!

I love to watch surgery. Just not my own. :chef:

Been having a hard time with my son. He thinks it funny to hurt people feelings. Hopefully I can spend some extra time with and explain how wrong this is.

Suzy said:
Been having a hard time with my son. He thinks it funny to hurt people feelings. Hopefully I can spend some extra time with and explain how wrong this is.

How old is your son?

Dad had to have Detached Retina surgery to get that repaired. He had to stay face down for 48 hours...and not sleep on his back (his preferred) for three weeks while it healed. He still has a spot in his vision, which is a tiny bubble of gas (I forget which one) that will eventually be totally absorbed.

Your surgery will be much faster and the healing time almost nil. Let them practice on your lazy eye, it will let them gauge how well you can handle the surgery with your cardiac status.

I'm furious. A good friend lives nearby -- maybe a block away. She lives alone. We are having a huge snow storm. We normally have a group that gets together on Fridays at 5 or so. I emailed everyone in the group, and called an elderly friend to say .. no way. Then I got an email from this friend saying she didn't think her phone was working. So tried to call her. Nothing (two rings and nothing). Called AT&T (both her carrier and mine) and could not get to a human, was put on eternal hold. I mean eternal. Called another friend who lives even closer to her than I do. Her phone was working. After much frustration I notified everyone I know who lives closer to her than I and sent an email that if she runs outside and screams, someone dial 911. But I've been holding on to my land line at a considerable cost, and I cannot call a human being to report this friend's problem (she doesn't have a cell phone). I'm realizing that I'd get faster service if I slid on my butt in the snow down to the fire station, because I sure a h..... won't be able to get ahold of AT&T.

If your friend is elderly, receives food stamps, Medicare or Medicaid, she might be eligible for a free cell phone. No bills, contract or anythig else. FREE. In this state it is called SafeLink. You should look into it for her. It is a program sponsored by the Federal Government. Or is she one of those stubborn ones that never accepts charity? :huh:

Last edited:
No, she isn't old enough to qualify for anything. Widowed very young, and not poor. Not rich, just like us, middle class. But I seriously am looking at my land line which I've kept for mostly emergency services and wondering if my trac-fone isn't the better way to go. Luckily, we have a good social network and I've emailed everyone to let them know she's out of service. But why can I not call AT&T and get ahold of someone? It is going to be Saturday soon, so it will be less likely that I can call a human. If all else fails, I may walk over and hand her my cell phone if her problem isn't fixed (today was blizzard day).

Oh, Addie, my heart goes out to you. From my parents' experiences, you should be fine. My husband and I plan our eye appointments so that one of us can drive the other home after having our eyes dilated. But it really isn't that big a problem, you can still drive with a good dark pair of sunglasses. My parents actually plan their cataracts surgeries around each other. One gets one eye done, then the other, so they both continue to have drivers' licenses.

Thank you Claire. I have a list of companies that if you call them and you get the press 1, press 2 etc., the list gives you a phone number that is connected to a human. And if all else fails, they suggest that you keep pressing "0". I have used this ploy a couple of times and it works. Now you know! ;)

Back
Top Bottom