PF's New House

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So cute! Looks like it's turning into home!

If Rob came to visit, you'd likely find that shower curtain missing...

Last edited:
Thanks, Everyone.

The kitties think it's great, the sun actually comes in and they can lay in the sun beams. More room for them to race around the house when the urge takes them. Lots of hidey holes, too.

Will be putting some BarTop around the bathroom sink, the edges of the mosaic are sharp and Shrek has torn his hand on them. Otherwise we just need some touch up painting on the inside. Change the cabinet hardware and we are set. We need to repaint the exterior and remove the aluminum awning over the front window, I would also like to redo the front porch, getting rid of the fake wrought iron and building some pillars. The yard needs lots of work.

That is not good about the tile edges. Does that awning shade the sun from coming in? It seems odd that it would be over only one window.

You have a back yard. And it looks like enough grass in front to require water. You are the envy of members in California. :angel:

What a cozy little domicile for an ogress and her ogre. :heart: So glad the kitties are settling in nicely; always a main concern when moving a furry family member. One thing you might want to consider - moving the grill OFF the wooden deck with the wooden trellis. There have been a number of news stories about house fires that were started from grilling on a wooden deck. In fact, we learned from the news that MA state law requires grills to be at ground level on a non-burnable surface. You don't need to have your new digs get singed. :ermm: Oh, and if you have vinyl siding, don't put it close to that either, or it will warp. We learned that thanks to Himself's Dad grilling at our last new home back in OH. :glare:

Odd, NO photos of a kitchen. You planning on cooking? :LOL:

One thing you might want to consider - moving the grill OFF the wooden deck with the wooden trellis. There have been a number of news stories about house fires that were started from grilling on a wooden deck.

I'd be worried also about how well sealed the wood deck is at repelling grease spots that I always get around my BBQ's. I think they sell some kind of metal fireproof pan or mat you can set under BBQ's. I think she's safe as far as the trellis goes if her BBQ is not left unattended. Where she has it placed now looks so damned convenient.

Last edited:
So cute! Looks like it's turning into home!

If Rob came to visit, you'd likely find that shower curtain missing...

I have another coming...going to decoupage it on the linen closet doors and make a small curtain for the window.

Rob can find it and towels to match @ Bed, Bath and Beyond:D:D

What a cozy little domicile for an ogress and her ogre. :heart: So glad the kitties are settling in nicely; always a main concern when moving a furry family member. One thing you might want to consider - moving the grill OFF the wooden deck with the wooden trellis. There have been a number of news stories about house fires that were started from grilling on a wooden deck. In fact, we learned from the news that MA state law requires grills to be at ground level on a non-burnable surface. You don't need to have your new digs get singed. :ermm: Oh, and if you have vinyl siding, don't put it close to that either, or it will warp. We learned that thanks to Himself's Dad grilling at our last new home back in OH. :glare:

Odd, NO photos of a kitchen. You planning on cooking? :LOL:

I have the paving blocks needed for the grill, just wanted to keep it sheltered while not using. Need to level a spot in the back, that ground is rock hard. No one has done anything with it for a long time.

I can't seem to get clean kitchen counters. I still have the ugly stove and have not done anything with it to change it up from the Realtor's pic. Once it is ours and I start changing things, I'll have some before and after pictures.

I'd be worried also about how well sealed the wood deck is at repelling grease spots that I always get around my BBQ's. I think they sell some kind of metal fireproof pan or mat you can set under BBQ's. I think she's safe as far as the trellis goes if her BBQ is not left unattended. Where she has it placed now looks so damned convenient.

Home Depot sells the mats. I bought one years ago and they are great.

Congratulations PF.I'm happy for you.
It's a beautiful home.
Don't worry about the petty stuff.The small projects will get done when your good and ready to get them done.Geez you just moved in.Relax and enjoy it.You deserve it.:)

P.S.
Hope you have good, really niiice neighbors.:LOL::D

Very nice, PF! You will have fun doing the updates you are thinking of. It's YOURS, and you can do what you want with it!!

It's a good thing you have that plaque that says "HOME." It will come in handy in your later years when you tend to forget where you are. Trust me, it happens! LOL

Congratulations PF.I'm happy for you.
It's a beautiful home.
Don't worry about the petty stuff.The small projects will get done when your good and ready to get them done.Geez you just moved in.Relax and enjoy it.You deserve it.:)

P.S.
Hope you have good, really niiice neighbors.:LOL::D

Most folks who have just purchased a new home, have time before they move in to make the changes that they want. You didn't have that luxury. So get through the holidays first. Then during the winter months, you can take your time making the changes you want. Next, in the spring you can concentrate on the backyard and that garden you have always wanted. :angel:

Most folks who have just purchased a new home, have time before they move in to make the changes that they want.

They do? :ermm: Most people I know can only afford one mortgage or rental payment, so they live in and fix up the new house at the same time.

When we bought our house, a friend advised us to fix up our bedroom first. That way, we would have a place to retreat to while we renovated or remodeled the rest of the house. After we redid a room, we would reward ourselves by taking a few months off and buying a new set of furniture for that room. Worked well but I was 29 when we started ;)

They do? :ermm: Most people I know can only afford one mortgage or rental payment, so they live in and fix up the new house at the same time.

When we bought our house, a friend advised us to fix up our bedroom first. That way, we would have a place to retreat to while we renovated or remodeled the rest of the house. After we redid a room, we would reward ourselves by taking a few months off and buying a new set of furniture for that room. Worked well but I was 29 when we started ;)

That does happen GG.People who buy those huge Modular homes can and do customize the floor plan with the builders of it before it's even built.Right down to what color they want the shades.
If they want something changed before it's moved, the changes are made.

That does happen GG.People who buy those huge Modular homes can and do customize the floor plan with the builders of it before it's even built.Right down to what color they want the shades.
If they want something changed before it's moved, the changes are made.

I didn't say it didn't happen. I don't think most people who buy homes renovate them before moving in.

Looks positively Elizabethan, in a good way. ;) Welcome home.

Thank you!

Yes, the dark walls, dark woods in the kitchen and bath, make me feel cozy.

The picture and sword have been favorites for a number of years. I also have a tapestry of the picture (The Accolade) for a bedroom wall, I'll be putting that above my dresser instead of a mirror.

Thanks for the kind thoughts every one!

I am really enjoying looking at all the things I need to fix up to what I want. I think I will be painting outside this weekend if the weather stays cooler. I love lumber yards, hardware and paint stores.

Here in the city where I grew up, most of my friends that I grew up with would buy a triple decker. (Three apartments high.) They lived on the first floor, renovated the second floor, and rented out the top floor for income. When the second floor was done, they moved upstairs and then rented out the first floor. They lived almost rent or mortgage free while the rental incomes from the other two floors paid the mortgage.

I personally have never had the desire to own my own home. Too many headaches. Let the landlord do the worrying and repairs. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom