Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Out my sunroom window:

ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1457569226.018585.jpgImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1457569255.785456.jpg

Thanks, Cheryl! My car battery died again, otherwise I would have driven down the road for a better view!

For a minute there, I thought you were shooting that out MY sunroom window. Then I realized your hill goes up to the left. Ours goes pretty much straight back. We sure have nice backyard views, don't we Dawg? :heart:

Attachments

• 2014-02-12 17.36.41.jpg
    2014-02-12 17.36.41.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 82
Dogs

We are dogsitting for our neighbor, and I asked my copilot to bring his dog "bandit" over for a visit. After they got through running and chasing, here is where they ended up

Attachments

• IMG_5818.jpg
    IMG_5818.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 85
Speaking of backyards, these were shot from my yard last summer:

i-9t6W3F6-L.jpg

This guy was spraying the wheat field about 1/4 mile east of the house. I took the shot standing in my driveway.

i-dxFwwKM-L.jpg

You take really nice photos, Rick. You can almost tell what color the pilot's eyes are!

Question about the windmills: can you hear them from your house? I have bat hearing, so I'd be afraid I'd be listening to them whoosh while I would be trying to fall asleep.

Love the moon shot! When I take moon pics, no matter how big it looks to me, it just looks like a dot in the pic. Cool capture of the plane too!

Last edited:
You take really nice photos, Rick. You can almost tell what color the pilot's eyes are!

Question about the windmills: can you hear them from your house? I have bat hearing, so I'd be afraid I'd be listening to them whoosh while I would be trying to fall asleep.

Nope. They are over 2 miles away.

Love the moon shot! When I take moon pics, no matter how big it looks to me, it just looks like a dot in the pic. Cool capture of the plane too!

You have to use a telephoto lens of some kind to give that sort of perspective. I took that last August (I think it was August, but maybe September?) on the night of the supermoon.

I've mentioned in other posts that we keep traditional breed pigs for pork.
Here are a few pics...
1. British Saddlebacks
img_1458506_0_d6a1822e90e7ef6af894be692b302bad.jpg

2. Oxford Sandy & Black. Once almost extinct in the UK.
img_1458506_1_f9171657662ae7da765121ed9f90b1b6.jpg

3. Berkshire - one of the oldest pure breeds in the UK. Apparently they are highly prized for their taste by the Japanese Royal family!

img_1458506_2_765ca8aee43557577a164472b32f6ac5.jpg

These pigs are not usually kept commercially so it is up to small scale breeding and enthusiasts to keep the breeds viable. They do taste far better than anything you can buy in the supermarket.

Last edited:
Hello, dinner! :yum: Those are fine looking pigs. I especially like the markings on the Oxford. ~ We currently live in Massachusetts. There are a number of farms that raise the Saddleback and Berkshire breeds. One of these days I'm going to raid our piggy bank and get us some of the chops for dinner.

I need to find a piggery around here. Had one in Montana that we shopped from. Wonder if Mom and Dad would like to go halves on a pig...

My CSA sells pigs and cut pork. The cut pork is US$15 a pound and up. They started with Berksires but now are running what ever they can buy and call it "pastured pork". For the money I'll stick with Hormel. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom