Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haven't checked this thread in a couple of pages, so I'll sum up with "lots of nice photos, all of you!".

bucky, it sure looks like you moved out to the country. Were you guys more city in your previous house? Or did you just exchange space for more space?

We were definitely city slickers before this, CG. Well, suburbanites, but not like Leave it to Beaver types. Our old house was veey small, in a very busy town, on a busy street. We could walk to almost any store that we needed to go.
Now, the nearest store is 4 miles in one direction, or 7 the other. And it's mostly undeveloped wilderness in between.

We were definitely city slickers before this, CG. Well, suburbanites, but not like Leave it to Beaver types. Our old house was veey small, in a very busy town, on a busy street. We could walk to almost any store that we needed to go.
Now, the nearest store is 4 miles in one direction, or 7 the other. And it's mostly undeveloped wilderness in between.

Sounds like you found your own little spot of heaven. Oh how I envy you. I hate city living.

I'm lucky in that I go to the city every day, but also get to go back to live in the mountains every morning.

Dw is starting to get a little stir crazy living here. We went into the city for San Gennaro in September, and she commented how much she missed the excitement of being in the city, in throngs of people, and shopping, and restaurants.

I'm lucky in that I go to the city every day, but also get to go back to live in the mountains every morning.

Dw is starting to get a little stir crazy living here. We went into the city for San Gennaro in September, and she commented how much she missed the excitement of being in the city, in throngs of people, and shopping, and restaurants.

Bucky, I can certainly relate to her feelings. I worked in downtown Boston for many years. And I also found all my entertainment there. The ballet, symphony, concerts, the theatre, etc. I have been disabled for more than ten years now. And I still miss it.

Depending on what the night's activity was going to be, I dressed for it before I left for work each day, then killed an hour or so after work until the event was scheduled to open their doors.

Country Mouse/City Mouse. ;) That's how our kids are. When Goober moved back to Ohio, he and Loverly were sharing a house in Akron. He was in his glory, she hated it. A few years later, they went to separate housing, he stayed in the city, she moved out to the country. Two happy campers! Not suggesting you get your DW her own apartment in the city, though! :LOL:

Country Mouse/City Mouse. ;) That's how our kids are. When Goober moved back to Ohio, he and Loverly were sharing a house in Akron. He was in his glory, she hated it. A few years later, they went to separate housing, he stayed in the city, she moved out to the country. Two happy campers! Not suggesting you get your DW her own apartment in the city, though! :LOL:

Lol, I feel like singing the Green Acres theme song.

Aaand it reminds me of a joke.
My wife and I found the secret to making a marriage last. Twice a week we go to a nice restaurant; a little wine, good food.
She goes Tuesdays, I go Fridays...

Back story. Even though we don't drink bourbon, DH subscribed to Maker's Mark's yearly Christmas gifts. Last year they sent us a winter people headband along with a headband for a booze bottle. This year, we got 2 mistletoes on a collar for booze bottles. Since I don't have bourbon, I put it on Kahlua. Partial Beagle and DH in the background.
ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1481597681.618046.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, lousy pic. Beagle had stuck her head out just before I took it, but reburied herself.

Back
Top Bottom