Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
33440107586_1f20664535_b.jpg

Kewl :cool:

Last edited:
Those are interesting photos, TAT! Did you alter the door image? As in, did you add the "Culinary Supply Area" to the wall, or is that actually painted on the bricks? :ermm: :ohmy: It reminds me of the type of photos our son took before he started to edit (read: colorize) his shots dramatically. My avatar is actually a photo he took. I like the name on the door plate: Or Derv Foods. :LOL:

Do you have an Instagram account I could follow? I enjoy looking at your stuff. I use Instagram to catch any photos our son may post that he doesn't add to Facebook. His user name at Instagram is "skalamander", just in case you have a moment to take a peek and critique. ;)

Those are interesting photos, TAT! Did you alter the door image? As in, did you add the "Culinary Supply Area" to the wall, or is that actually painted on the bricks? :ermm: :ohmy: It reminds me of the type of photos our son took before he started to edit (read: colorize) his shots dramatically. My avatar is actually a photo he took. I like the name on the door plate: Or Derv Foods. :LOL:

Do you have an Instagram account I could follow? I enjoy looking at your stuff. I use Instagram to catch any photos our son may post that he doesn't add to Facebook. His user name at Instagram is "skalamander", just in case you have a moment to take a peek and critique. ;)

Nothing added, that's the actual old supply area.

You can always view my flickr (should be in my signature), and I'll add your son on my instagram. I have one, @jonobrands, though that's more for side gig stuff (concert photography, digital marketing and branding), but I do put some of my food/work stuff up.

so today I moved into my "winter" kitchen. That involves moving the table away from the window and rehanging the lamp over to the hook in the centre of said table. It doubles the seating area of course, but alas, inspires romping grandchildren to tear around the table at full speed.

Aside from the fact I like a "new" look once in a while, as the season advances, the light over the table by the window is not very conducive to being able to see in either of the cupboards against the other walls. Hanging in the centre of the room does help this, hence the winter/summer kitchens. Also during the summer I sit and gaze out the window as the corn grows.

and so here is my "winter" kitchen... come on in, sit awhile and have a slice of warm bread from the oven.

Attachments

• 20170919_191234.jpg
    20170919_191234.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 109
Thank you Just Cooking!
Spacious looking till you have 2 - 4 grandchildren, 3 - 4 dogs(big dogs!), assorted adults all milling about! But it works! Love it... what can I say ;)

Come December when we have our 2nd Gingerbread House Decorating day... I'm only having 7 (maybe 8) kids, 8 (maybe 10) adults all vying for the candy to decorate the houses. I'm lucky, I will probably bake 12 houses (just to be safe) and try not to break the bank at the Bulk Barn for candy.

My brother, I believe, has been doing this for way more than 10 years and has done up to 20 houses - and I won't $ay what he $pent for the candy. He was thinking this year he might break tradition and bake a train instead. I think that's a terrific idea and might even try that myself. He wants to decorate the coal car and just dump all the candy in! :ohmy: :ROFLMAO:

Sounds like a whole lotta fun, dragn. I love the pic you posted - looks like a wonderful, homey, family type dining area....and those windows.....! :wub:

Nice. I wish we had windows like that to look out at the world from the table. Best thing is that in the summer, we can eat on either the front porch or the back patio.

Front
i-VPdsWPj-XL.jpg

New back patio
i-6JcGQ28-L.jpg

There is also an attached slab patio outside of the back door where our wooden picnic table resides at the moment. We are contemplating either moving it to the new patio, or buying a new one for that. I use it all the time when I'm grilling/BBQing, so I prefer a new one, just for more outdoor living options. :)

VERY nice, Rick! You have a lot of outdoor area there to enjoy! I love all the seating space, and especially the fire pit.

I think I might have posted this here before, but here's my humble little outdoor eating/grilling/morning coffee area. It's right off the kitchen and dining room, and separated by sliding glass doors. The Weber is out of camera range in this pic, but it's close by. :chef:

Attachments

• backyard.jpg
    backyard.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 98
VERY nice, Rick! You have a lot of outdoor area there to enjoy! I love all the seating space, and especially the fire pit.

I think I might have posted this here before, but here's my humble little outdoor eating/grilling/morning coffee area. It's right off the kitchen and dining room, and separated by sliding glass doors. The Weber is out of camera range in this pic, but it's close by. :chef:

That isn't bad at all Cheryl. It looks a lot like our yard when we lived in the SW Denver area. We lived there for 20 years and had the original cracked and uninspired patio torn out and rebuilt in a more aesthetic design after the first few years. They do some really cool stuff these days with concrete coloring and stamping. That is what sort of inspired what we have now. We still intend to add a pergola to the new patio for some shade. It gets rather warm during the summer months out there (typically 90's to low 100's), and some way to make it even a little bit more comfortable on summer evenings, will make it far more usable.

First spending priority for us this winter (me anyway :cool: ) is a canoe (with accessories and roof rack for the F-150 to carry it). I need to get off the bank and out on the water when we go camping and fishing. I've been told that this will be my Christmas present this year.... works for me! :mrgreen:

Thank you all! :)

CG, I also think of it as my little piece of paradise, and Tyler loves it, too. He has plenty of space to play ball and run around, and when we're in the dead of summer heat, it just 'feels' cooler out there. :LOL:

Bucky and Ross, it faces east so it's a nice little place to have coffee in the early AM....and wine in the evening when the sun is on the other side of the house. :cool::)

Rick, I'm not too worried about replacing the unfinished patio floor just yet, but I tell ya...at times I do lust after the gorgeous terracotta patio tile I see at Home Depot. :wub: Just not a priority right now. You'll need to post pics of your new canoe this Christmas!

It's really the only thing I don't like about my condo...no yard. I miss having an outdoor space readily available. We have a common area for grilling and stuff like that, but it's not the same.

After work stop at Gravelly Point.
33193265512_24cba1d766_k.jpg

Back
Top Bottom