"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-26-2005, 03:34 PM   #11
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
Thanks Barbara! I also reminded my MIL of the cost of day care & work appropriate clothes for me. I think the main reason she dosen't get it is because she had 3 sons & worked 2 jobs while they were growing up & her parents were the ones to pretty much raise the kids. My FIL also worked but he never did much with them. I'm looking into some at-home jobs to keep me busy while the kids are at school. I have had an offer from some friends of our who recently opened a resturant/flee market to make cakes for them. I want to see how long they stay in business before I commit to anything there.

I agree with your mom, I'm as free as I want to be. I do miss working but not as much as I enjoy being able to do things at my own pace. I have time to enjoy the little things life has to offer.

Jkath, my kids enrich my life more than any job ever could.

I do respect working mothers. I've been one & it was hard too.

Old 07-26-2005, 04:46 PM   #12
Senior Cook

Location: Cicero, IL, but my heart is in Virginia where my family lives.
Follow your heart and do what you love. Sometimes work is just work, but if you can turn something you love into a paying gig, life is sweat even with all the difficulties.

When you talk to successful people they will tell you how hard it is. There are always risks and all ventures do not pan out. But they keep trying, that's why they are successful. Never let an outsider talk you down. I would rather go broke trying.

I think another thing is to keep a long term goal. You may not have a cafe in a week but don't ever give up if you believe you can make a go of it.

Keep the faith,
Bryan

Old 07-26-2005, 04:50 PM   #13
Senior Cook

Location: Cicero, IL, but my heart is in Virginia where my family lives.
Also, my Mom makes excellent bread and I bet she doesn't know there are so many different types of flour. When I eat bread I don't even think about it, I just know when I have great bread.

What do you think they told the guy who wanted to sell a Pet Rock or open up a chain of burger joints in the 50's? You never know unless you have a go at it.

Bryan
Old 07-26-2005, 04:56 PM   #14
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bknox
Also, my Mom makes excellent bread and I bet she doesn't know there are so many different types of flour. When I eat bread I don't even think about it, I just know when I have great bread.

What do you think they told the guy who wanted to sell a Pet Rock or open up a chain of burger joints in the 50's? You never know unless you have a go at it.

Bryan
You are so right. Besides, who cares how many kinds of flour there are, it is what you do with the one you use that matters. If you can't bake, it doesn't matter if there are 10 million kinds of flour.

Barbara
Old 07-26-2005, 05:17 PM   #15
Contest Winner

Cool

Crewsk and Jkath, Think of the riches your children reap as well, They claim most kids that join gangs do so because they want the family feel and to belong. So how much is a life worth most. Hold your head up and Know your wisdom is greater than those who say any unkind words !

On that subject Men need to arise as well Your Children need you too ! Your Time not just your Money!
Old 07-27-2005, 10:06 AM   #16
Senior Cook

Send a message via MSN to msalper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L
You are so right. Besides, who cares how many kinds of flour there are, it is what you do with the one you use that matters. If you can't bake, it doesn't matter if there are 10 million kinds of flour.

Barbara
Hey Barbara!! Are you serious when you were saying that 10 million kinds of flour ? Oh my god!!! What will I do??
I'm joking ...

Thank you very much guys!!!. I agree with all of you...

To open a cafe is my dream, it is a part of my dream. My dream is to present my foods to my friends, share everything with them, and make my cafe their home...One day I will invite all of you to here.
I promise!!!!