Rescued Pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought the stones caused a UTI? Anyhow, he is fine now, and he is a he. Sort of. :)

The stones did cause the UTI, but the surgery was to remove the stones lodged in there, not for the UTI.

Glad he's all good.:)

Princess Fiona: Are you a Cat Whisperer ?

@ Fiona,

I have been meaning to ask, about the background on your Logo. Are u a cat Whisperer ? Which breed is the lovely little Kitten in your Logo ?

I am a cat fancier myself. Had 2 British Shorthair, a Silver Tabby and Blue Cream tiger who both lived to 22 yrs old ... At moment, I said, No more. I suffered terribly when they both passed on and at moment, just cannot as I travel alot for my profession and to see my two daughters who live in two different countries.

Have nice wkend.
Margi. C.

@ Fiona,

I have been meaning to ask, about the background on your Logo. Are u a cat Whisperer ? Which breed is the lovely little Kitten in your Logo ?

I am a cat fancier myself. Had 2 British Shorthair, a Silver Tabby and Blue Cream tiger who both lived to 22 yrs old ... At moment, I said, No more. I suffered terribly when they both passed on and at moment, just cannot as I travel alot for my profession and to see my two daughters who live in two different countries.

Have nice wkend.
Margi. C.

:LOL: No, I just collect cute cat pictures and change them frequently. I am a cat fancier, have two of my own. I don't know what breed that baby is, but it's so cute! I'll have to start sharing my pictures of big cat kittens.

Here are my two, Smudge and Latté:

Attachments

• smudge2.jpg
    smudge2.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 154
  • psst small.jpg
    psst small.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 143
@ Fiona,

Have nice wkend.
Margi. C.

That is a long time for cats to live. I know what my granddaughter went through after her Siamese died at 17 y.o. Tasha was her best friend. :)

@ Princess Fiona: Stunning Kit Kats

Wow how beautiful these two are, the patch with a mustache, he is sassy and the Seal Pt Siamese, well, he is stunning ... Looks like they are about to start some mischief !! They are such extraordinaire animals and truly funny too ... Thanks for sharing. Enjoyed.
Margi.

Last edited:
Wow how beautiful these two are, the patch with a mustache, he is sassy and the Seal Pt Siamese, well, he is stunning ... Looks like they are about to start some mischief !! They are such extraordinaire animals and truly funny too ... Thanks for sharing. Enjoyed.
Margi.

Smudge only tolerates me because I open the food cans. Latté is my baby, she follows me everywhere and Shrek tells me she looks for me all day long. She sleeps on me all night, she is also a talker. We got her after someone threw her away when she was a baby.

Smudge only tolerates me because I open the food cans. Latté is my baby, she follows me everywhere and Shrek tells me she looks for me all day long. She sleeps on me all night, she is also a talker. We got her after someone threw her away when she was a baby.

At one time I could honestly say I was not an animal person. Living on the farm, it didn't bother me when one of the chickens ended up on the dinner table, or when the pigs went to slaughter. Living in Texas, I was the one who called and watched the slaugher truck cut up the heaifer and pig for the freezer without any feelings of remorse. That is why we had them. Animals are here to serve us. And no, you can't have a pet because I will be the one who ends up feeding it and cleaniing up after it. But if I saw you neglect or abuse an animal, I would be the first one to report you.

But ater watching Animal Planet for so long, I do not understand how anyone can abuse or neglect an animal. When I see the conditions of living of some of those animals that the Houston ASPA rescue, I can't help but wonder about the heart of them when their will to live is so strong as to survive against all odds. Sometimes the animals are in such deplorable condition, I have to change the channel and come back later to see the results of the care given with so much love. :angel:

Latté wasn't even old enough to be weaned when a friend found her under a car in a parking lot. She had sores on her paws from the hot pavement. Friend already had 4 cats, so we took her. At the time we thought she was a boy Himalayan...but no she was a Siamese baby girl.

Latté wasn't even old enough to be weaned when a friend found her under a car in a parking lot. She had sores on her paws from the hot pavement. Friend already had 4 cats, so we took her. At the time we thought she was a boy Himalayan...but no she was a Siamese baby girl.

My granddaughter had a female Siamese named Tasha. She was my g'daughter's best friend. When my daughter (her mother) died, she cried and told everything to Sasha. Sasha was 17 y.o. when she died. She had her cremated and to this day has her ashes at her bedside. And the g'daughter is now in her mid 30's. I will always be grateful for Sasha. I was trying to deal with my own grief and was unable to be of much help to my g'daughter. :angel:

Last edited:
Here is Hootie. He is a 5 year old Malamute we took in after a customer of ours came in one day asking if anybody could help her with a pup. Seems her neighbor was going to jail for drug trafficking and asked her if she knew anybody who could take a 6 month old dog. She was moving into an apartment and couldn't do it, so she hoped we may know somebody, or be able to ask around, because we spoke to lots of people every day. He was on a short rope with no house, and she was throwing kibble to him for the time being. I went with my daughter that day to bring him home on a temporary basis and he never left...

Attachments

• 10635_275095035626_889860626_9075361_667853_n.jpg
    10635_275095035626_889860626_9075361_667853_n.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
He's beautiful, Rock. All of our dogs have been second hand, rescues, found or pound puppies.

He's beautiful, Rock. All of our dogs have been second hand, rescues, found or pound puppies.

I have a girlfriend in VA who will only adopt rescue dogs. Right now she has a blind sheep dog that was going to be put down. He had worked all his life and then went blind and couldn't do it anymore. :cool:

How timely that this thread got bumped again. As it happens, we just got home an hour ago from adopting a rescue dog. This is Abbie, a Basenji and Yellow Lab mix, and yes, she is every bit as sweet as she looks. Upon meeting me for the first time, the first thing she did was plop down next to me and give my ear a good washing. :)

img_1109465_0_ab8400ba0f695664ed63afa8f7aa3d01.jpg

This is our other dog, Clover, who is also a rescue.

img_1109465_1_5253dfcf5018811784a779b09e4fd2fb.jpg

Steve Kroll said:
How timely that this thread got bumped again. As it happens, we just got home an hour ago from adopting a rescue dog. This is Abbie, a Basenji and Yellow Lab mix, and yes, she is every bit as sweet as she looks. Upon meeting me for the first time, the first thing she did was plop down next to me and give my ear a good washing. :)

This is our other dog, Clover, who is also a rescue.

They're adorable, Steve! Congrats! Where are the cigars?

Steve Kroll said:
No cigars, just a couple of cigar-shaped rawhides, I'm afraid. ;)

That works. Basenjis don't bark, I've read, they kind of chortle. Does Abbie bark?

Back
Top Bottom