Saturn Sky Convertable

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
I just found out about this new car, The Saturn Sky. It is Saturns first convertable. I think it is a really slick looking car. If I did not have a baby and my wife knew how to drive standard then I would consider one of these. Saturn is not really a favorite car company of mine, but I really like the look of this one and I love convertables.

I noticed it up on the corner rack when I happened to drive past the local Saturn dealer. I gotta say, I nearly broke my neck having a look. LOL

Hey GB.....my brother almost bought one of these (Silver) but instead bought this http://www.pontiac.com/solstice/index.jsp. His is Silver with a black convertable top. Thats what we drove down to Missouri in. Talk about people breaking their necks to have a look. I was shocked at the number of strangers that kept coming up whenever we stopped.

If I didn't need a backseat I'd def. be getting me one. The only drawback for me was theres no spare tire :ohmy:

Sizz that is a beutiful car as well! maybe I can talk my wife into learning how to drive standard :LOL:

Thanks, I will need it!

I tried teaching her once on my Jeep and she did fine, but she did not think so. She was so worried about damaging the Jeep that she was too scared to really learn. Too bad cause That was an easy standard to learn on and I was not worried about her damaging it at all, especially since she was really doing quite well with it.

GB said:
Sizz that is a beutiful car as well! maybe I can talk my wife into learning how to drive standard :LOL:

And Rachel can sit in her seat, bolted between the tops of your seats!!:ROFLMAO:

I've been looking at one of these, but I doubt I'll pull the trigger anytime soon....

z_roadster_03.jpg

John

Don't count on it unless you plan on putting her in sideways in this little tiny space in the trunk :LOL: . Granted if you keep the top up she'll have a little more free room but not much.

Ok....GB you work on talking my DH into letting me have a Cadillac CTS (Black....or Pearl).....I like the 2005's....and I'll work on your wife. Heck, I'll even giver her driving lessons.

Unfortunately, anything like a roadster is strictly a "toy", and what I'm really lacking in the toy department is SPACE! Where to keep it, especially during the winter, would be an issue.

I do like the new Caddy roadster, too. Looks rather Corvette-ish to me.

John

GB:

In a few short years, Rachel will be getting her license and Daddy will have to buy her a car. Get her a Sky, she'll be thrilled.

Jon:

I was looking at the 350Z too. I ended up with its big brother, the G35 coupe. I needed the little bit of extra room the 'G' provides.

The Z is a nice car, go for it!

GB said:
Not a chance Andy. Her first car will be an Abrams Tank if I have my way!

LOL!

That reminds me of the radio spot that Hummer was running (for the orignal model) a few years back.

The dad takes a few moments out from sharpening his steak knives to talk to his daughter's date for the evening. He takes him to the garage and shows him the Hummer, and procedes to tell him how it's capapble of getting out to the middle of nowhere all while hauling something up to 6 feet in the cargo area. Then he asks the guy how tall he is, after the date responds (rather sheepishly) "about six foot", the dad asks him, "and what time will my first born be home?"

John

Oh man that is classic John!

Andy I think her tank will be slightly less annoying than our neighbors BF's motorcycle. I bet you can hear him from your house when he starts it up over here (usually late at night of course). It is a good thing that they are such good neighbors as I find something like a little noise easy to overlook in favor of all of their good qualities :)

Back
Top Bottom