"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-30-2016, 04:45 PM   #11
Master Chef

Welcome "home", Cat. Good to see you again and hear of your family goings-on.

Old 01-30-2016, 05:00 PM   #12
Master Chef

Thanks so much Cat for your very newsy letter of back home. It's a very different life for your extended American family, who have always lived here, but it sounds like they are well and happy too. Do you have any pictures of Carl's beautiful bird houses? I know we'd love to see them.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 05:19 PM   #13
Certified Cake Maniac

So good to see you here, Cat. Thanks for the wonderful update. I hope you will be sticking around for awhile. We need our Cat fix!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 05:41 PM   #14
Master Chef

Welcome back to America, Cat and Mamacat! I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with Joyce and Justin. I enjoyed reading your update. Have fun and stay in touch!
Old 01-30-2016, 06:01 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Wonderful to "see" you back at home, Cat. As you might guess and see from all the comments, you have been greatly missed.

I loved reading all about what you and your family have been doing and it sounds like you are happy and fulfilled.

Anna will grow and blossom like a beautiful flower under her family's nurturing. The only disappointing thing is that it will happen too quickly. I still find it hard to comprehend that my "baby" is 42 with a family of his own.

Take lots of pictures and write down things Anna says that touch you. Don't rely on your memory, there will be too many.

Have fun. It's an awesome ride!
Old 01-30-2016, 08:40 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Oh Cat, to hear from you does this old sick heart of mine so much good. You have had such a positive effect on this forum. I can't think of one member that doesn't have a soft spot in their heart for you, Mama, Carl, Anna, Papa and all the rest. Oh I mustn't forget Carl's mother either. Your joys are our joys, and your pain is our also. We all love you so much.
Old 01-31-2016, 12:05 AM   #17
Proud American

Oh my friends! My dear, dear friends!

I am so very happy to be here once again! I have missed you all so very much!

I must tell of this, I did a bad thing, a very bad thing today.

Joyce gave me of her car to use once again as she did for me when we arrived here last year. I put her off to work and when I drove onto the driveway I went too fast and there was some ice in front of the garage door. I tried to stop but I drove through the door.

I am so very, very ashamed. This is such a terrible thing to do. Her car is damaged and the garage door is completely ruined. Of course I shall pay for all the damage I have done, but it does not make this correct.

I didn't know what to do, so I called Justin of his work. I was crying and he said for not for me to cry, that Joyce loved me and I wasn't hurt and all those nice things one says to make me feel a bit better. He said to go forward as normal, and that he would bring in Joyce from work and we would speak of this.

She came in the door and I was so upset and shamed I was shaking. Joyce just smiled and said, "Cars and garage doors can be fixed. Sometimes people can't, Cat," and she hugged me and said she loved me and it will be all just fine.

Why does this make me feel all worse? She said for me to keep of using her car. Then Arlene said I could even use of her car also! They keep saying of accidents that happen.

I cried again when I went of the garage to attend of the litter boxes and saw the boards of the door Justin had nailed there to hold it of place. Joyce came out to get some meat of the freezer and kissed me on my cheek and told me this is nothing.

This is everything of to me! She does not understand. She said, "Go tell our friends in DC how you feel. It may make you feel better, and they will be on my side."

So here I am. I feel so very ashamed. Mamma says I must believe Justin and Joyce. What do I do? I shall pay for the repairs of everything, I promise I shall.

I know all you are very disappointed of me, but she said tell you.

I am so angry of myself for this carelessness and of this disrespect of her home and car.

Beside of to pay, what else can I do? Please help me for they are such good people. In Romania, we would accept of the payment but forgive of the deed if such was an accident.

Love,
~Cat
Old 01-31-2016, 01:17 AM   #18
Master Chef

Oh Honey!! Accidents happen, that's why they are called accidents. Joyce and Justin are right, it could have been so much worse! Things can be fixed, and you didn't get hurt, or hurt anyone else. That's the important thing! I know you feel terrible and they know that too. This too will pass dear {{{Cat}}}.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 02:31 AM   #19
Sous Chef

Okay, I'm intervening here.

Everything was so icy here she couldn't help but slide.

I tossed her off; I can't get the Vista beast working until we figure out why it can't connect.

Here is how it was with snow, but afterwards, everything else from the front of my car to the garage was all ice. That's a good seven or eight feet of ice. It wasn't her fault; it was our fault for not clearing the driveway.

See:

It looks as if my car is up at the deck but it isn't.

She was never at fault.
Old 01-31-2016, 03:02 AM   #20
Sous Chef

It looks as if my car is at the deck, but it wasn't. Everything past it was ice.

She couldn't help a little accident. You can see my car was a way back, about ten feet to the garage door.

We will not accept payment. It was a simple accident. This can be fixed easily; this is why we have savings accounts. It was a tiny ooopsie; that is all.

I love Cat, but I need to show you all what she was up against. We didn't clear the driveway, it turned to ice, and that's that.

Now I'll let her have the puter back while I go wrestle with the Vista beast.