Stray Thoughts 2.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Many years ago I checked into a hotel in Springfield Mass. and every person in the lobby was dressed as a clown! Clowns, chatting, clowns smoking, clowns having a cocktail and a nibble from the happy hour buffet! It turns out it was a meet and greet for a group of Shriners that were in town for an event at the local Shriners hospital. To me it looked like a scene from a Stephen King movie! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I used to bartend at private events for Shriners. Thankfully, none dressed as clowns, though they did try to stick a ruby in my navel, and liked to start their party at 7am.

My dad housed the mini model Ts they used in parades in his quonset hut. As kids, we got to drive them around when there weren't any parades.

Last edited:
I used to bartend at private events for Shriners. Thankfully, none dressed as clowns, though they did try to stick a ruby in my navel, and liked to start their party at 7am.

My dad housed the mini model Ts they used in parades in his quonset hut. As kids, we got to drive them around when there weren't any parades.

I ruby in yer navel is better than the lint that I find in mine! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Did you guys know that the faces a person chooses to wear for his clown costume are each unique and there's an organization somewhere that lists and keeps track of each one?

Friend dropped a whole plate of chicken fresh off the grill on the ground. I told him to wipe the visible dirt off and serve it. If no one saw it, it didn't happen. We ate dirt all the time as kids.

Last edited:
5 second rule. :)

I've eaten dropped food before and so far it hasn't killed me.

Last edited:
Me too. As long as it wasn't in sand, no harm no foul. Or fowl.

Last edited:
Eh. Dirt never hurt anyone. As we Nodaks say after an injury, just rub some dirt on it and keep playing.

Last edited:
But isn't it "fit for human consumption"? I think all cat and dog food is supposed to be fit for human consumption. Apparently a lot of poor elderly people eat it. :(

Yes it is. And it is sad that it's all some can afford.

Rachel Ray, who has her own pet food brand, Nutrish, has said that she's taste-tested it herself.

Why is it that when I wash the sheets and a blanket together and carefully put them in the dryer, they wad themselves in a ball, and nothing gets dry?

If I had a good ol' fashioned clothesline, I would so use it for sheets and blankets. :)

My daughter has a long, long one. She hangs out all her laundry into the first snow fall of winter. Very rarely does she use her dryer. Only when the weather tells her "no."

Last night we had two police officers seriously wounded not to far from where I live.

The good news is that there were no riots. The citizens of the community gathered together where it happened for a prayer session.

The officers are still on the critical list.

Back
Top Bottom