Today I Am Grateful For.........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

creative

Head Chef
It's all too easy to complain and be negative. This thread is about being positive and redressing the balance - counting our blessings. I will start it off.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Today I am grateful for returning to my flat after 2 years of full time caring for my mother. (She is not contently placed in a good nursing home now that her situation warrants more professional care).

It is so wonderful to get some of my life back (I still visit my mother at least 3 times a week - my siblings covering the other days). I could never get into cooking at her place, i.e. trying out recipes since I was out of my comfort zone. I have been hankering to bake again a wonderful carrot cake that I have a good recipe for + home baked bread where I can control the yeast and add oatgerm.

Also to get back to gardening. I transformed my lawn into a lawn meadow some 3 years ago. It has always been hit and miss as far as a successful meadow went but, this year, I am blessed with tall wildflowers swaying with gentle grasses. It gives me so much pleasure.
color.gif

My eyes opening up this morning. :)
After that it's an easy ride of enjoying the day and seeing what it brings. ;)

My eyes opening up this morning. :)
After that it's an easy ride of enjoying the day and seeing what it brings. ;)

Yes I am always grateful for being alive...it is something I never take for granted. I had 3 close encounters with death (various accidents) in my early 20's. They were certainly wake up calls! Some 4 decades later, that feeling of gratitude to still be here has never left me.

I am grateful for this day, all the days in the past are gone, tomorrow is not here yet, therefore i am thankful for this day, and the blessings i will receive.

This is a good idea for a thread creative. In fact, there is a thread already dedicated to just these sorts of posts. Because you're new (and we ALL were "new" once ;) ) you might have missed an earlier thread with this same type of theme. You can find it here: http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/the-thankfulness-club-86193.html

I'm thankful that we made it through a day with nothing breaking around here. Seems like it's been a daily occurrence lately...:(

Tech Request: Could a Mod please merge the two threads please? And Thanks!

This is a good idea for a thread creative. In fact, there is a thread already dedicated to just these sorts of posts. Because you're new (and we ALL were "new" once ;) ) you might have missed an earlier thread with this same type of theme. You can find it here: http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/the-thankfulness-club-86193.html

I'm thankful that we made it through a day with nothing breaking around here. Seems like it's been a daily occurrence lately...:(

Oh I didn't realise there was already a similar thread on this. If the mods want to delete this thread then I don't mind.
Tech Request: Could a Mod please merge the two threads please? And Thanks![/QUOTE]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom