Top Chef Starts Tonight!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think they're playing up the "Marcel as outcast" to generate some sympathy or favor for him, I think he'll stay up until the end. I also think they're showing clips of Cliff's nasty side because he's going to be gone soon. I think it'll be Elia & Sam in the final. It'll be good.

I think it will be Sam wins with Elia 2nd and Ilan 3rd.
Sam has done the best overall with the quick fires and elimination.
Elia has the knowledge and the personality to succeed.
Ilan is good but he doesn't seem to have the versatility of the others.
Marcel and cliff have been in it longer than they deserved

Last edited:
I like Sam's attitude. I think fr the most part, he keeps his cool, and makes some decent looking food. I think he has the best shot.

As for Marcel, he reminds me of Count Chocula. And I get tired, as do the judges, of foams on everything. I appreciate his approach, but it can be a little over done sometime. IF you have a quality ingredient, let the food do the talking.

I picked a trifecta near the beginning of last season and I think got two out of three. This season seems more competitive. With only five horses left in the race, I'.ll take Sam to win and Elia and Ilan to place or show. Character counts and my hunch is that clearly Marcel, and probably Cliff, have sabotaged themselves in that regard.

So, what do you think the "hazing" is about?

Do you suppose they cut Marcel's hair, or perhaps shaved an eyebrow, or drew on a sharpie mustache?
It's probably not that serious, I'm sure, but it was a good teaser.

Count Chocula - nice one, TATT

let me tell you when you shave an eyebrow it takes a while to grow back hahah. not that i would know or anythig.....:rolleyes:

tsi88kid said:
let me tell you when you shave an eyebrow it takes a while to grow back hahah. not that i would know or anythig.....:rolleyes:
This sounds like the voice of experience. I'd love to hear the story.

I like what the judges said on the last show: "your restraunt didnt seem like it had a personal touch but it was like a theme restraunt..'

Yeah, no kidding. YOu give them 24 hr. to come up with a theme and to design the restaurant and then stock it and create a menu and host and serve the food and you're surprised it comes out like a theme restaurant? Olive Garden should be so lucky.

REally, sometimes these judges say more about themselves than about the contestants.

My Guess for the "Marcel Hazing" is they cut off part of his wacked out hair, and after it sinks in that they acted like 12 year olds, they will shave their hair to show they acknowledge their mistake.

esta noche!!!!!

it's tonight. yeah, ya know, if they set marcel's hair gel on fire, he'd look like the heatmiser.

:ROFLMAO: :-p :LOL: :w00t2: Oh my Gosh, He would!!! Well we will know as of 10:00pm. I actually would like to see Cliff be the next to get cut. The way they have betrayed him lately he's a little too prideful

Marcel refused to help Sam, saying he expected to be busy, later saying to the camera that he would not help any competitor. Understandably, they all refused to help him, but then, to their credit, they all chipped in.

As for Cliff and Marcel, how many times has Cliff expressed the desire to punch Marcel in the head? Well, he finally did have the perfect opportunity but almost gentlemanly refrained, choosing instead to rely on the participation of co-conspirators who chickened out at the last minute. I don't disagree with is his elimination but it should have been about the food, not the drama (comedy)?

Of all the blame to be had, I believe the program's producers deserve the lion's share of it.

I knew all four of them would be the ones in the finals, too.

Even before the hazing thing, they were displeased with Cliff's beef, so you knew it was him leaving, all along..

And who is charged with making a 5 course tasting menu for people who want a romantic meal and wouldn't consider a dessert course???????? Watching Elia sittng on the table saying she didn't have to do dessert yet wanted to, and then hearing Tom say a dessert course wasn't necessary firms the entire thing that this is not as 'real' as they'd like us to believe. If no one offered a dessert course to a romantic meal the judges would have been all over than like white on rice.:ohmy:

you nailed it renee! cliff's a goner.

and what is wrong with elia? what in the world was she thinking? cutting off her hair shows that she's jest a wee bit unbalanced. normally i'd be attracted to that, lol :) , but not without hair.

i agree with all of the comments on this thread that the show is a little too "set up" and over produced, not real enough, and definitely not a real competition so that the best chef wins.

it appears to me that they've already chosen sam. the bald judge guy made a comment to sam that "he runs a kitchen". the way he said it seemed to me that he was speaking to him on a higher level than the rest of the contestants. he then assasinated elia for some unknown reason (like vb said, no dessert?!? a fanabla!), and talked about marcel as if he doesn't measure up.

ok, here's the wierd thing. a few weeks ago, my wife walked into the room and saw me watching an old episode. she said, "oh. i saw this one. the tall skinny dark haired guy wins."
i asked if she meant that he wins the challenge, and she replied, "no, the whole thing. the kenmore kitchen, and the 100 G's. it was down to the dark haired girl and him. the little guy with the big hair was there too."
i 'splained to her that this is a new season, and the winner hasn't been chosen yet, but she insists that she saw the episode one afternoon that showed sam winning.

well, she walked through again while i was watching last night's show, and repeated her insistance that she's seen the final episode. considering she made this "prediction" in week four or five, i'm starting to wonder.

if sam wins, i'm taking her to atlantic city.

Even if it is edited a little too predictably, I can't help but watch every week and every re-run I run across while channel surfing. I Really enjoy the show. It is one of my "guilty pleasures". Everything from the food to the drama is made to draw the viewer in. We also have to keep in mind, these people also live together. That lends itself to personality conflicts. If the footage between the cooking was boring would there be a conversation going on here now?

Although I'm not his fan of his personality, I felt sorry for Marcel last night when Cliff dragged him off his bed and held him down. I'm sure those few minutes were terrifying for him. Cliff was very much out of line and fortunately the judges disliked his course so there wasn't a huge bruhaha over him being asked to leave.

I'd have to be pretty drunk to start shaving my head. The alcohol and stress must have really gotten to them.

Back
Top Bottom