TV commercials - Good, Bad and Unspeakable.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have seen some of those happy California cows commercials, but it was a loooong time ago. I love the cow remembering the blizzard. :LOL:

My husband controls the remote. The second a commercial starts, he switches to another station, so I never get to see commercials. Therefore, other than the Joe Boxer Commercial, I have no idea what any of you are talking about! LOL One time I was deep in a program and he switched the channel. I didn't realize it and all of a sudden the story wasn't making any sense. He has switched to a different movie.

My husband controls the remote....
We each have a remote. Hehe. ..

Every Christmas I look for the M&M commercial with Santa. "They do exist! " Makes me :) Wish Chevy had used the Santa commercial with the tiny blonde lady again though.

And who here is old enough to remember the Alka-Seltzer commercial with the couple in the bedroom? She's in bed looking at a cookbook and reading off recipe suggestions. As he heads back to bed she says "I know. Marshmallow meatballs! " at which point he heads back to the bathroom. Makes me laugh just remembering it!

I don't remember that Alka Seltzer commercial, but I remember one with "Fizz, fizz, plop, plop" or was it "Plop, plop, fizz, fizz"?

The most recent commercial that had been an irritant is the one for the UFC match between somebody named Weidman and another guy named Silva, ( I think). I don't watch such mess but the song on the commercial irritates me no end.

The most recent commercial that had been an irritant is the one for the UFC match between somebody named Weidman and another guy named Silva, ( I think). I don't watch such mess but the song on the commercial irritates me no end.

I am right there with you...and I'm a big fan of UFC. I can't stand that song. They fight tonight...so you don't have to see anymore after today. It's a really big deal, so they have been promoting the heck out of it. Anderson Silva is with no question the best MMA fighter currently, possibly of all time. The last time these two fought, Silva got cocky and was clowning around in the ring, and Weidman clocked him and knocked him out, and took his championship belt. Tonight is the re-match.

Here's the video, you might need ear plugs:

UFC 168 on Pay-Per-View Preview - YouTube

Last edited:
I thought that the Kmart, Joe Boxer commercial was funny. Heck they were wearing far more than any Victoria's Secret model in any of their commercials. Heck I've seen more racy stuff on soap operas and prime time TV shows! To each their own, I guess.

The ad agency got people talking about Joe Boxer and Kmart, so I guess they did what they set out to do!

+1, I just about fell off the couch laughing every time we saw it.

Back
Top Bottom