"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-16-2011, 11:41 AM   #1101
Head Chef

Quote:
After the baby arrives safely is when I fall apart. Nephew was born in the back seat of Grandma's car in the middle of a corn field. I got him and his Mom to the ER (20 miles away) and once I got everyone notified and they were safe, I started laughing and couldn't stop.
LOL !! What a story! A friend of mine was in labor and made her driver stop at Tim Hortons for coffee lol. Wow.

I'm here to complain lol. I had wisdom teeth pulled last night, got home at 8, slept off the anesthesia. I have swelling and two big holes in my mouth. I did puree some avgolemono.. it actually turned out good lol. I licked that off my spoon for breakfast. I think I'll be taking some ibuprofen soon, though. /end complain

Old 08-16-2011, 01:33 PM   #1102
Master Chef

Dealing with insurance, trying to get them to pay for medical bils. It's been more than a year. They still have not payed.

Old 08-16-2011, 01:33 PM   #1103
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphellae View Post
LOL !! What a story! A friend of mine was in labor and made her driver stop at Tim Hortons for coffee lol. Wow.

I'm here to complain lol. I had wisdom teeth pulled last night, got home at 8, slept off the anesthesia. I have swelling and two big holes in my mouth. I did puree some avgolemono.. it actually turned out good lol. I licked that off my spoon for breakfast. I think I'll be taking some ibuprofen soon, though. /end complain
Oh my, Saphellae, I remember getting my wisdom teeth out. Be careful to NOT use a straw to drink with and you must not make that clot come out of the tooth hole. Try to zone your mind out to a nice place and just sleep as much as you can for a couple days.

Good luck with your recovery! I hope it goes fast and well for you!
Old 08-16-2011, 06:19 PM   #1104
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphellae

When I had mine removed I found that camphor and menthol rubbed onto my gums helped with the pain better than the Tylenol 3 they gave me. Also warm (not hot) clear liquids seemed to help. I liked pepperment tea, chicken broth and even jus warm water.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:32 PM   #1105
Head Chef

Tim, it totally grosses me out that there are clots up there LOL !!! BLECHHHH... I was told not to use a straw... I pureed my chicken lemon soup (homemade).. I've been full up on that! Otherwise I feel fine. The upper ones were what I had pulled - the bottoms I had out 10 years ago - and uppers are 90% better than the lowers !!!!!!!
Old 08-16-2011, 06:36 PM   #1106
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphellae
Tim, it totally grosses me out that there are clots up there LOL !!! BLECHHHH... I was told not to use a straw... I pureed my chicken lemon soup (homemade).. I've been full up on that! Otherwise I feel fine. The upper ones were what I had pulled - the bottoms I had out 10 years ago - and uppers are 90% better than the lowers !!!!!!!
Agreed!
Old 08-16-2011, 06:38 PM   #1107
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphellae View Post
I'm so glad you're feeling fine. Ha! Don't be grossed out! It's a normal part of healing.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:29 PM   #1108
Chef Extraordinaire

clamp down on a wet tea bag. keep it there as long as you can , then do another on.

trust me you don't want a dry socket.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:38 AM   #1109
Certified Cake Maniac

Saph, I remember having my wisdom teeth out. I had three of them. I had a ton of problems including a piece of bone sticking out of one of the stitched up sockets. I had dry socket as well.

I am glad you are feeling better. (I owe you a recipe - it is getting to the top of my list of to do's!).

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 02:21 AM   #1110
Master Chef

I used turmeric. Had all 4 my wisdom teeth cut out at the same time and the turmeric helped the healing drastically. It's a natural anti-inflammatory and antiseptic. I mix a little with water and rub on infected area.
I even used this after I had my children to heal my c-section wounds. I had an emergency c-section the first time and my uterus ruptured the second time. Been gutted like a fish and you can hardly see my scars lol! You can also just add some to your soups.

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote