"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-01-2011, 03:26 PM   #1241
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
Maybe it's time for a little Chihuahua therapy or even a shot of Patron!
Running away for a long weekend has always worked for me, especially when it has included shopping therapy and generous glasses of white wine. The other option is to consider a duplex. You can live in one half, Shrek the other. Just make sure the locks are on your side and you have all the keys. There is definitely something to be said for having more than one piece of real estate...

Old 10-01-2011, 03:28 PM   #1242
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
Maybe it's time for a little Chihuahua therapy or even a shot of Patron!

Nah! if I have a drink I can't leave the house. Chihuahua therapy would be fun, but he's in Spokane for the weekend with his Mom. The Medical record pups are Yorkie/Chihuahua mix...but they take the weekend off, too!

Shopping therapy...I might just wander Costco for a couple of hours and sample everything.

Old 10-01-2011, 04:49 PM   #1243
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60

Nah! if I have a drink I can't leave the house. Chihuahua therapy would be fun, but he's in Spokane for the weekend with his Mom. The Medical record pups are Yorkie/Chihuahua mix...but they take the weekend off, too!

Shopping therapy...I might just wander Costco for a couple of hours and sample everything.
Would that we had a Costco. Snacking Walmart and the Dollar Store is just not the same.

PF, you need to get a lawyer and file for Auntie Rights.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:09 PM   #1244
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Would that we had a Costco. Snacking Walmart and the Dollar Store is just not the same.

PF, you need to get a lawyer and file for Auntie Rights.
I get him one weekend a month and he's frequently at work...
Old 10-01-2011, 05:12 PM   #1245
Chef Extraordinaire

PF-Can you say "online shopping?" Repeat it 3 times as you enter URLs on the keyboard...
Old 10-01-2011, 06:59 PM   #1246
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
PF-Can you say "online shopping?" Repeat it 3 times as you enter URLs on the keyboard...
Not unless I ditch the credit card first...
Old 10-01-2011, 11:42 PM   #1247
Master Chef

Had a juge argument with my father, kind of feel bad for my mom, how did she ever put up with him? He asked me for some thing and I said that I was bussy making dinner and he went off on me that my wife should be making the dinner and if his wife did not make dinner he would, well I am not even going to repeat what he said. How said that man used to be like that. I love cooking. I think I could not stand not beeng able to be in the kitchen.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:45 PM   #1248
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD
Had a juge argument with my father, kind of feel bad for my mom, how did she ever put up with him? He asked me for some thing and I said that I was bussy making dinner and he went off on me that my wife should be making the dinner and if his wife did not make dinner he would, well I am not even going to repeat what he said. How said that man used to be like that. I love cooking. I think I could not stand not beeng able to be in the kitchen.
I'm glad you chose not to follow your father's example in this respect.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:31 PM   #1249
Executive Chef

Holy green bananas Batman!

My handy man was over a couple hours ago and while discussing the new shelf system he's building for me, he says "What's that noise I'm hearing?".

Well, for various reasons, I have very little hearing and didn't hear anything. He says; "It sounds like it's coming from your floor vent". He opens the vent and it has water standing in it.

He went outside and looked under the house and told me "There's a LOT of water under there. You have something leaking. He estimated the distances and said it has to be under your laundry room.

He cut out part of the flooring, and yep, a water line had cracked and was spraying like crazy. The well pump is pretty far from the house and I didn't hear it running until we opened the well-house door. The well pump was just running and running and running.....Yikes!

Well, he's off to buy parts and wood for the flooring. The water is shut off at the well and 10 gallons of water is in the tub in 2 gallon jugs for using the toilet.

I'm so lucky to have a handy man that really knows his stuff. This guy knows everything that is to know about houses.

He's a heck of a good friend also. Sometimes, I have to make sure he is "on-the-clock" when he does stuff around here. He's such a nice person that he'll do things without even mentioning them to me. I never want to take advantage of his friendship. When it's work, it deserves pay.

When it's not work, it's friends and I have a great one!

Well, they say it happens in threes. That's two.

OMG, what's next!?
Old 10-02-2011, 03:40 PM   #1250
Executive Chef

So glad your friend/handyman has good hearing! Hope is all fixed quickly!