"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-04-2010, 12:42 AM   #251
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I used to do just fine on my own. Well, maybe I worked too much. But, I keep remembering the quote about getting old isn't for sissies. It's time for me to quit being a sissy.

My supervisor and another co-worker keep trying to get me to do things "Their" way...their way means spending alot of time goofing off or wandering around aimlessly. I can't work that way, well unless I'm supposed to clean house...

Old 12-04-2010, 01:29 AM   #252
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
(((Hugs))) Barbara. I have a pretty good idea how that feels. My DH hasn't had a steady job since some time in 2003. He had a job for 3 months in 2005 and he had a 3 month contract in 2008. Then the stock market crashed, so they didn't renew it. I'll wish some good luck.
Thanks! I hope your husband can find something steady as well.

Barbara

Old 12-06-2010, 04:24 PM   #253
Chef Extraordinaire

my darn kitchen sink is still plugged up. guy came last night, will be back about four or four-thirty this afternoon. finally had to do some dishes in the bathroom sink, from company dinner on sat. night.

what a mess. had to do to clear table. small grocery order this evening and need room for the bags.

i am a little ticked off at handy man. should have known what needed doing when he was here on saturday. men don't realize how vital a kitchen sink is in preparing food. well some men anyway. guys here that cook would know. he acts like it is no big deal. grrrrrrrrrr
Old 12-06-2010, 04:38 PM   #254
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
my darn kitchen sink is still plugged up. guy came last night, will be back about four or four-thirty this afternoon. finally had to do some dishes in the bathroom sink, from company dinner on sat. night.

what a mess. had to do to clear table. small grocery order this evening and need room for the bags.

i am a little ticked off at handy man. should have known what needed doing when he was here on saturday. men don't realize how vital a kitchen sink is in preparing food. well some men anyway. guys here that cook would know. he acts like it is no big deal. grrrrrrrrrr
Wish I was there, I could have had it fixed in no time! And I would have helped you wash the dishes
Old 12-06-2010, 04:43 PM   #255
Master Chef

I always carry a pipe wrench and a snake in my tool box. There's no excuse for not having the right tools and essential parts at all times.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:44 PM   #256
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I'd been having problems with my tub not draining. The built in stopper is not removable, and I know it was clogged with my long hair, so I bought a small cheap plunger and kept using it as I'd take my shower. It worked pretty well, bringing up some hair so I was able to pull some of it out.

You have my sympathy with your kitchen sink. It's so necessary. I hope he isn't going to charge you extra for two visits.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:49 PM   #257
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
and I know it was clogged with my long hair, so I bought a small cheap plunger and kept using it as I'd take my shower.
An occasional liquid bleach down the drain should keep it clear from hair build up.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:57 PM   #258
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
An occasional liquid bleach down the drain should keep it clear from hair build up.
Thanks, RoadFix. I'll try that. Bleach is cheap, and I don't think I should have to buy Liquid Plumb'r because of something that's not my fault. If the built in drain plug was removable, I'd keep it clear myself.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:20 PM   #259
Chef Extraordinaire

noise noise. the handyman is here working on sink. he has been sawing with a power saw. driving me nuts. but hopefully it will get it fixed.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:45 PM   #260
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
noise noise. the handyman is here working on sink. he has been sawing with a power saw. driving me nuts. but hopefully it will get it fixed.

sink still not fixed. need a longer snake i guess. he will try to borrow one at work. if not, i am just going to buy one. won't be in this position again if i can help it. such a mess. i am going to bed and read.