"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-21-2013, 10:46 PM   #3501
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
i don't think anyone is brave enough to question whether it was a poem or not, pag.
I'm calm now BT. All is safe again. Question all you want. It's a poem to me and apparently what I needed to write because I felt much better afterward.

Taxlady, thank you for the hugs. :)

Old 01-21-2013, 10:49 PM   #3502
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
I'm calm now BT. All is safe again. Question all you want. It's a poem to me and apparently what I needed to write because I felt much better afterward.

Taxlady, thank you for the hugs. :)
That's why the title of this thread is "Venting".

Old 01-21-2013, 10:58 PM   #3503
Chef Extraordinaire

writing their feelings down helps a lot of people, pag. in fact it's taught as a coping tool in cognitive behavioral and dialectical behavioral therapies.

i've never done it, though. it can also be considered evidence...

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:45 AM   #3504
Executive Chef

Why do people find the need to be so derisive in the comments section of news stories? And it doesn't matter what the story is about or where it takes place. People get ugly when they think they can run their mouths annonymously and without being held responsible.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:55 AM   #3505
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
Why do people find the need to be so derisive in the comments section of news stories? And it doesn't matter what the story is about or where it takes place. People get ugly when they think they can run their mouths anonymously and without being held responsible.
Because they know that those are the ones that will be printed. Then they can brag about being in the paper. Even if it is anonymous. It makes them feel important.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:20 AM   #3506
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
The urge to kill some days is very strong. And today is one of those days.

I keep receiving bills from a collection agency for my medical bills. I am going to get a copy of my credit report. I have always had good credit. Now I am afraid that this agency is going to be affecting my rating. Looks like I am going to have a fight on my hands. I have an appointment with my vascular doctor and I am going to have to talk to her office folks who do the billing for her. I got the eye folks straightened out. The ER is another one. The problem is that BU doctors who practice through Boston Medical Center have their own billing department. And I have to make sure each department has the correct information since they are too lazy to look in the computer. GRRRR!
You might want to get the check from the tribe to make that go away...why not?
Old 02-26-2013, 11:24 AM   #3507
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
When I get a migraine, one of my symptoms is getting the dry heaves until the headache breaks. Last year during one of my many visits to the ER, I had the dry heaves really bad. I told some young twit that I had been having the heaves off and on since morning. "Is there a chance you might be pregnant?" I demanded that they get this idiot away from me. If he can't tell just by looking at the wrinkles on my face that I am past the age of pregnancy, then he needs to go back to medical school. Had he looked at my record, he would have seen that I am in my 70's. I simply do not have any patience with stupidity.
Too funny!
Old 02-26-2013, 11:32 AM   #3508
Chef Extraordinaire

Today HUD is here finally for the inspection that they cancelled early this month. I hope they skip my apartment. I am in no mood for them.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:52 PM   #3509
Executive Chef

Why is it that every time I have somewhere to be after work we have a major outage and I end up having to stay late? And the more time sensitive it is the bigger the outage and the longer I have to stay. It's like our telecom and network equipment can read my mind and just really like messing with my schedule.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:06 PM   #3510
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

My laptop is a little long in the tooth. It's still a dual core machine, and in good condition so I'm trying to breathe some new life into it. Well lately technology hates me, I'm convinced of it.

I put in a new hard drive, everything was going well, then shortly later the fan quit. I took a panel off the bottom and have been using a laptop cooler to keep it from shutting down, not the most convenient solution, but it worked. Today the new fan came in the mail (a $7 fix, YIPPIE), got it in, it works, keeping the machine cool. An hour later, the NEW hard drive failed!!!

So here I am with the old hard drive in, it's cluttered and sluggish, but the machine is still working, could be worse I suppose!

Over the last month I've had to fix two other computers in the house, luckily since I can do it myself, the fixes have been cheap.

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote