"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-20-2013, 04:09 PM   #3681
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
We lucked out, Shrek got a phone call from the mail-order pharmacy...they HADN'T shipped yet, the notification e-mail was for something else. (I never saw the e-mail, just got Shrek's version) Anyway, they called to see if he really wanted it and he was able to cancel the order. I will help Shrek compose an e-mail to his doc asking him to change the order to as needed, one inhaler at a time...not a 3 month supply.

And the shave biopsy done on his arm turned out to be benign. Okay, I can start breathing again.
w00t! and woohoo!

Old 09-20-2013, 05:04 PM   #3682
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
...And the shave biopsy done on his arm turned out to be benign. Okay, I can start breathing again.
So happy for your good news! Most of us know the worst "patient" is the one you're married to.

Old 09-20-2013, 05:17 PM   #3683
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Great news, PF & Shrek!
Old 09-20-2013, 10:49 PM   #3684
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
So happy for your good news! Most of us know the worst "patient" is the one you're married to.
What slays me is my "patient" won't listen to me. His doctor always tells him the same thing I have been telling him.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:53 PM   #3685
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Good news! Yea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsLMB View Post
Very good and welcome news about Shrek's biopsy !!!

We can all use one less thing to worry about !
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
w00t! and woohoo!
Quote:
So happy for your good news!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Great news, PF & Shrek!
Thanks, folks...it was really eating at me. The skin cancer part...the meds, while tough, that we can get through. I would just cut his guitar allowance.
Old 09-21-2013, 03:51 AM   #3686
Chef Extraordinaire

Walmart a couple of months ago had those 'glow in the dark' keyboards for 2@$5.00. So he bought six of them. $15.00 total. They are all right to have on hand for "just in case." I am on my third one. I told Spike to take my credit card and head over to Cambridge and Micro Center and get me a good one, because at the rate these glowing ones are going, they are wearing out too fast. (And they do not glow in the dark.) I really didn't expect anything better with them. Even the mouse that comes with the board, wears out real quick. $2.50 for one board and mouse? I's getting my money's worth out of them. But the bad news is that my monitor is also on the way out. So I will have to get a new one soon. And that is not a cheapie! I honestly think the problem is that it gets overheated as I don't turn my 'puter off as often as I should. Right now it is not acting up. Will see what happens.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:45 AM   #3687
Chef Extraordinaire

I really hate leaf blowers!! Get a rake and get some exercise!!
Old 09-21-2013, 03:36 PM   #3688
Master Chef

Leaf Blowers. You're right GG. And it seems like every danged homeowner but us has a lawn tractor big enough to cut a freakin' football field...and our lots are 1/2 acre AND heavily wooded. The guy across the street has a huge mower and fires it up every Saturday before 9:00 AM - whether the grass is growing or not. A few (jerks) clear-cut their lots, but many of us left what the builder didn't cut. Bless Himself and his crabbing about doing housework, he still walks behind our self-propelled mower.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:45 PM   #3689
Senior Cook

Hate running errands on a Saturday. It's chilly so I got up before sunrise to make a raw apple cake and throw a pork roast in the crock. Spent 3 hours looking for an au gratin recipe that isn't gooey gloppy and overdone. I am on an au gratin mission... Oops, I digress. Anyhow, my hubby created a list of errands for me. I want to read, cook, drink coffee and lounge in my housecoat. Now, I need to to dress, do my hair/makeup and hit the road. (2 vehicles, but neither my stepson or my wheelchair bound hubby drive anymore...) Since retiring, I shop on Tuesdays when we go out of town for hubby's medical visits; he was sick so we didn't go. Today, I planned to be totally lazy and worthless. Rats! I know I need to vacuum ( a daily constant with 23 house cats), but I've already cleaned counters and did dishes. Why can't I be totally worthless and lazy today? Whine!!!
Old 09-21-2013, 05:55 PM   #3690
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Leaf Blowers. You're right GG. And it seems like every danged homeowner but us has a lawn tractor big enough to cut a freakin' football field...and our lots are 1/2 acre AND heavily wooded. The guy across the street has a huge mower and fires it up every Saturday before 9:00 AM - whether the grass is growing or not. A few (jerks) clear-cut their lots, but many of us left what the builder didn't cut. Bless Himself and his crabbing about doing housework, he still walks behind our self-propelled mower.
One of our neighbors started leaf blowing his lawn at 7:00 am on a Sunday. Needless to say, he got the wrath of Dawg! I scared the crap out of him, which was as it should be.