"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-20-2014, 01:06 AM   #3781
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I wish I had some of my energy to pass on to you, GG. I've been doing so much better since the surgery, fatigue wise that is gone. Tired, yes...but no fatigue.

Old 01-20-2014, 01:47 AM   #3782
Chef Extraordinaire

Fatigue sucks big time. It sucks the life right out of you. There are days when I wish I could have an honest good old tired feeling from doing a lot of physical work.

GG, make the doctor earn his paycheck. Insist he find out what is wrong. Make sure he checks you for your iron level and your thyroid. Those two are the most common reason for fatigue. If it is your iron level, that is an easy fix. Diet and iron pills. A simple blood test for both on these condition should be all you need to get an answer.

Old 01-20-2014, 02:07 AM   #3783
Chef Extraordinaire

Thanks, Addie, but we're way, way past that point. I have several nutritional deficiencies from a complicated set of medical problems. This is different and it started with the new med. I'm hoping it didn't do any permanent damage.

And thanks for the good thoughts, everyone.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:15 AM   #3784
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Just wanted to say, I'm really tired of being really tired.........I hope this gets better soon and the PA has some answers tomorrow.
GG, I hope you got some relief when you went to the doc's office Monday.

I still, apparently, do not have healthcare insurance. My check was cashed ages ago, but the provider I selected has no record of my file for coverage being sent from the Health Connector (or is that Heathcare Disconnect?) office. The told me they should have received my information within two business days of my check being cashed. Off in the bitter cold, with the threat of a near-blizzard a possibility, we'll be headed to the connector office tomorrow. I have a copy of the check, a copy of the plan I paid for, and one huge attitude all ready for my visit tomorrow. Watch your national news at 6:30PM eastern - I could be making a splash!
Old 01-21-2014, 08:41 AM   #3785
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
GG, I hope you got some relief when you went to the doc's office Monday.

I still, apparently, do not have healthcare insurance. My check was cashed ages ago, but the provider I selected has no record of my file for coverage being sent from the Health Connector (or is that Heathcare Disconnect?) office. The told me they should have received my information within two business days of my check being cashed. Off in the bitter cold, with the threat of a near-blizzard a possibility, we'll be headed to the connector office tomorrow. I have a copy of the check, a copy of the plan I paid for, and one huge attitude all ready for my visit tomorrow. Watch your national news at 6:30PM eastern - I could be making a splash!
Oh no!!! I'm sorry this has happened.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:10 AM   #3786
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Aw CG, what a PITA! They cashed your cheque, they better danged well give you health coverage. I sure hope this gets straightened out soon with a minimum of hassle to you.
Old 01-22-2014, 03:06 AM   #3787
Master Chef

Thanks PF, but not as sorry as I am. My doc is driving me crazy to have my semi-annual blood work done. I refuse to put out a dime for the bill until I know that, at the very least, my $$ go towards my annual deductible/OOP. I'm down to 9 pills of a maintenance med and he doesn't want to refill. I might have to tell him either refill it for a month until I get this straightened out or I'll just stop taking them!

You're right taxy, it's a real PITA. We went to the health exchange office today because none of the government offices were being shown as closed on the news creeper. The driving was bad here today and a lot of after-school activities were cancelled. Well...the office had closed early. Fortunately we had a number of other stops to make in the same area, but we might have to go again later this week. Also fortunately, Himself hasn't met a driving situation that had bothered him yet. He rocks! In the meantime, I posted a rant on their Facebook page! Got a reply asking me to send them contact info and a few details so they can work with me to get this fixed. Sometimes ya gotta love social media!
Old 01-22-2014, 04:27 AM   #3788
Master Chef

My complaint isn't nearly so serious as the medical insurance issue is for CG. But here it is.

I was awakened at 3:00 a.m. by the amazing aroma of a ham bone completely covered and simmering in the slow cooker. The house smells amazing, as if I were baking pigs in the blanket, with real, home made, yeast bread, and full sized, really good hot dogs.

One of the schools I attended (6th through 7th grade) made the most incredible pigs in the blanket, and they tasted like my house smells.

I mean, c'mon. I gotta be up by 6 to tie a fly, then get ready for work, that starts at 8. I the air-filter mask that I used to have to wear when I worked for Lockheed, so that I'll be able to get back to sleep. I'm gonna be tired tomorrow. I'm so very tired right now. My eyes are irritated from lack of sleep.

That split pea soup that will be made in that ham stock had better be the best I've ever made. That's all I can say. If not, I'm gonna half to kick the cat or something, (I'd never really kick the cat. But it's fun to say sometimes, especially when the person your saying it to doesn't know you for a gentle soul. Sometimes, you get some humorous reactions. Now I know I'm overly tired. I'm typing about kicking cats, and other worthless ideas.) I'm going back to bed.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:16 PM   #3789
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Thanks PF, but not as sorry as I am. My doc is driving me crazy to have my semi-annual blood work done. I refuse to put out a dime for the bill until I know that, at the very least, my $$ go towards my annual deductible/OOP. I'm down to 9 pills of a maintenance med and he doesn't want to refill. I might have to tell him either refill it for a month until I get this straightened out or I'll just stop taking them!
I don't believe maintenance drugs should be used as hostages.
Old 01-26-2014, 06:48 PM   #3790
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I am just sickened, saddened, and confused by another madman killing innocent people in a busy shopping mall, this time in Maryland. Schools, malls and other public places should be places of safety and comfort.