"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-26-2011, 11:29 AM   #481
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
oh katie, sounds so very painful. as you know i have fallen several times this past year. trust me you will find more places that hurt, places you didn't even know you had. just sit yourself down and stay there. whatever makes the pain go away , do it. keep an eye on all your spots that hurt . if swelling doesn't start to go down, go see dr. one of my falls i fractured my foot. it didn't even hurt, so keep an eye out for swelling that lasts to long i can truly say, i feel your pain. or rather i did . hugs and kisses
babe
Thanks, babe, for your input. It IS painful, but the swelling is going down very nicely. I've been staying off my feet since it happened and I'm seeing the benefit of that. I rested much more comfortably last night. Didn't even have to take any Excedrin.

Still going to keep low today. Probably sit in the recliner, with legs elevated, and read or knit. Glenn's been sweet and has been doing a lot of extra "stuff" to help out. Turned the bed down again last night and helped me get comfortable.

Today I'm trying some pain creme from Tylenol called Precise. Slathered a bunch of it on after my morning shower. So far I think I'm feeling some relief. BUT...I'm going to be very, very careful the next several days.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. I'm still kicking...but not as high.

Alix, I'm glad you have the electronics gremlins at bay. Maybe it was sunspots!!!!

Old 03-26-2011, 12:01 PM   #482
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
OK, whining works. After I posted about all my mechanical failures I set about trying to fix my phone. (I'm a bit stubborn) I fussed and fiddled and finally got irritated and walked away from it for a while. I came back and it worked. Go figure. Same thing with the watch...I picked it up, and set it to the correct time and danged if it didn't start running again! Daughter used the microwave...no problem. WEIRD!!! Not arguing, just saying, whining sometimes works!
They could see that red gleem in your eye as you walked away.

Old 03-26-2011, 06:43 PM   #483
Head Chef

I took it very easy with dinner tonight. Salad from a bag, pre-breaded frozen deep fried shrimp, rice-a- roni, canned corn. In other words garbage. My family raved about it. Loved every bite. Went back for seconds. Very complimentary. Real food is wasted on them. GRRRRR!!!!
Old 03-26-2011, 07:40 PM   #484
Chef Extraordinaire

has anyone else ever had a "get nothing done" week. boy i sure have. i am usually very goal oriented. this week i started a bunch of things and have finished none of them. new dishes still in dishwasher. need to pack up old ones before i can put away. sewing not finished. didn't clean the sun room. etc, etc, etc. hopefully next week will be better and i will actually get something done.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:01 PM   #485
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
has anyone else ever had a "get nothing done" week. boy i sure have. i am usually very goal oriented. this week i started a bunch of things and have finished none of them. new dishes still in dishwasher. need to pack up old ones before i can put away. sewing not finished. didn't clean the sun room. etc, etc, etc. hopefully next week will be better and i will actually get something done.
That seems to me to be the retired person's version of "Vacation." Hope you had a relaxing week!
Old 03-26-2011, 08:06 PM   #486
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Sounds like a classic case of spring fever!

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 10:29 PM   #487
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
Oh no! I'm so sorry you got the run-around like that. And I'm so thankful you didn't hurt yourself again when you slipped.

Hopefully all this mess will be taken care of soon and you will be able to get all your stuff.
Thank you for the flowers.

I got lucky. My sister was working from home on Friday and managed to get the certified true copies. If she had been at work, she wouldn't have been near the right court house. She sent it by Fedex yesterday and I looked at the tracking and it is at the airport, here in QC. w00t!
Old 03-26-2011, 10:32 PM   #488
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Thank you for the flowers.

I got lucky. My sister was working from home on Friday and managed to get the certified true copies. If she had been at work, she wouldn't have been near the right court house. She sent it by Fedex yesterday and I looked at the tracking and it is at the airport, here in QC. w00t!
Geeze, hardly even enough time to generate enough steam for a really good rant!
Old 03-26-2011, 10:33 PM   #489
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie H View Post
Thanks, babe, for your input. It IS painful, but the swelling is going down very nicely. I've been staying off my feet since it happened and I'm seeing the benefit of that. I rested much more comfortably last night. Didn't even have to take any Excedrin.

Still going to keep low today. Probably sit in the recliner, with legs elevated, and read or knit. Glenn's been sweet and has been doing a lot of extra "stuff" to help out. Turned the bed down again last night and helped me get comfortable.

Today I'm trying some pain creme from Tylenol called Precise. Slathered a bunch of it on after my morning shower. So far I think I'm feeling some relief. BUT...I'm going to be very, very careful the next several days.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. I'm still kicking...but not as high.

Alix, I'm glad you have the electronics gremlins at bay. Maybe it was sunspots!!!!
I'm glad to hear the swelling is going down. Being careful is a good idea.

If it hurts, don't do it. Mother Nature wasn't being a meany when she invented pain. She invented pain to tell us, "Don't do that! If you do, you will make it worse."
Old 03-26-2011, 11:45 PM   #490
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
OK, whining works. After I posted about all my mechanical failures I set about trying to fix my phone. (I'm a bit stubborn) I fussed and fiddled and finally got irritated and walked away from it for a while. I came back and it worked. Go figure. Same thing with the watch...I picked it up, and set it to the correct time and danged if it didn't start running again! Daughter used the microwave...no problem. WEIRD!!! Not arguing, just saying, whining sometimes works!
I know what's going on here! I watch movies! You walked temporarily into another dimension. You thought you were in your own home, but in that dimension things do not work like they do in ours. I hear that your alter-ego came into our dimension and was up in arms because everything was working. Bwuahahaha!