"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-11-2011, 10:01 PM   #611
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinlizzie View Post
Hey - didn't one of the news reports say that an attack dog present at the bin Laden deal had Titanium teeth? Wonder if I could get the name of his dentist.

I'll bet the Six Million Dollar Man's parts would cost him into the trillions these days.
Oh definitely! My teeny, tiny titanium part was $30,000. I'm not sure what a knee costs these days.

Old 05-12-2011, 01:56 PM   #612
Head Chef

Princess, I'm probably the only one who doesn't know what part; if it's not too personal, do you mind saying....? Inquiring minds (aka nosy rosies)...

Old 05-12-2011, 11:43 PM   #613
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Princess, I'm probably the only one who doesn't know what part; if it's not too personal, do you mind saying....? Inquiring minds (aka nosy rosies)...
Oh, sorry Lizzie...the stent in my heart, it's titanium. I had a heart attack in January. I'm good now, all fixed!
Old 05-13-2011, 01:01 AM   #614
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinlizzie
Lizzie, I didn't know what part either! I appreciate your being the " nosey Rosie"
Because now I know too!

Btw, Fiona, I have a teeny tiny titanium part too! In the form of a screw in my knee.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:29 AM   #615
Head Chef

How cool! You guys take a lickin' & keep on tickin'.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:53 AM   #616
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
How cool! You guys take a lickin' & keep on tickin'.
I had to fight to go back to work...
Old 05-13-2011, 12:23 PM   #617
Sous Chef

What the heck? I called at the beginning of the month to pay on a medical bill for an ultrasound. We were a little short on cash at the time so I only paid $50. My bank account was charged for 7.41, then charged for 42.59. I thought it was strange, but figured it adds up to 50, so whatever. I called to pay the rest today. They said only $7.41 posted to my account. I told her that $42.59 had also been paid from my bank account to their company on the same day, which adds up to the $50 that they should have taken out. "Oh, we probably just have to give the second payment time to post to your account, but we can go ahead and take your payment for the rest." Is this woman crazy? I'm not giving them another dime until I see my full payment reflected! And what second payment? There only should have been one payment, for $50! Fine, lady, if your company wants to pay the charges for running 2 debit card payments instead of 1, go for it, but make sure they both post to my account. Thanks. Clearly someone processed the payment for the wrong amount and then processed another for the rest, but they both came out of my bank account on the same day, and the woman said the $7.41 posted to my account with them a week ago. I'm already angry that I'm paying this bill in the first place because the individual performing the procedure only performed a couple minutes before telling me she "couldn't find the baby." She performed half a procedure. I got charged full price. I challenged it, and they said that they don't charge partial cost for partial procedures, and too much of the procedure was done for me to not get charged at all. Is this standard for most medical establishments? It certainly wasn't the way we did things at the physical therapy office I worked at. Until this company shows me that they have at least one competent employee, they're not getting another cent.
Sorry, I know the woman I spoke to wasn't the one who made either of the mistakes, which is why I was polite to her on the phone. I just can't believe she expected me to still want to pay them more money before I know what happened to last money I paid.
Always try to bring a spare set of clothing when you dream about going to work or school. That way, if you encounter someone having that dream where they show up in their underwear, you'll be their hero.
Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 12:53 PM   #618
Chef Extraordinaire

The only piece of titanium (sp) I have is that which was taken out of Norman's knee--the Saint our group took in from "a well known Hollywood actress" who did not respond when we asked for a donation when that very expensive piece of metal had to be taken out his knee and replaced because the first surgeon used the wrong screws (I have those too). Do I need mention I had to have him crated/gated in my LR for 5 months--not an inconvenience to me to squinch around the crate when I wanted to get to the light switch... Let me think...yeah, total, it was $5K, but we did transfer the insurance she had on him to our group so we only had to pay it and wait a month to get 80% back. But there was about 15 hours/week of rehab (guess who had to do that). Give me all your unwanted dogs as gifts--right. I can do without those kinds of gifts.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:53 PM   #619
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprout View Post
What the heck? I called at the beginning of the month to pay on a medical bill for an ultrasound. We were a little short on cash at the time so I only paid $50. My bank account was charged for 7.41, then charged for 42.59. I thought it was strange, but figured it adds up to 50, so whatever. I called to pay the rest today. They said only $7.41 posted to my account. I told her that $42.59 had also been paid from my bank account to their company on the same day, which adds up to the $50 that they should have taken out. "Oh, we probably just have to give the second payment time to post to your account, but we can go ahead and take your payment for the rest." Is this woman crazy? I'm not giving them another dime until I see my full payment reflected! And what second payment? There only should have been one payment, for $50! Fine, lady, if your company wants to pay the charges for running 2 debit card payments instead of 1, go for it, but make sure they both post to my account. Thanks. Clearly someone processed the payment for the wrong amount and then processed another for the rest, but they both came out of my bank account on the same day, and the woman said the $7.41 posted to my account with them a week ago. I'm already angry that I'm paying this bill in the first place because the individual performing the procedure only performed a couple minutes before telling me she "couldn't find the baby." She performed half a procedure. I got charged full price. I challenged it, and they said that they don't charge partial cost for partial procedures, and too much of the procedure was done for me to not get charged at all. Is this standard for most medical establishments? It certainly wasn't the way we did things at the physical therapy office I worked at. Until this company shows me that they have at least one competent employee, they're not getting another cent.
Sorry, I know the woman I spoke to wasn't the one who made either of the mistakes, which is why I was polite to her on the phone. I just can't believe she expected me to still want to pay them more money before I know what happened to last money I paid.
I don't know how debit cards work in the US, but don't you have to enter your PIN every time they make a charge? You do in Canada. I would be concerned about how two payments were charged. In Canada it would mean that my card had been swiped, then I entered my PIN and then the whole procedure done again. Or, it would mean that someone had duplicated my card and stolen my PIN.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:26 PM   #620
Chef Extraordinaire

I'd have to swipe and enter my PIN for each...I don't even know how I'd ever use my card without me being present and swiping it...can that be done in Canada?