Venting on a Happy Note

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's that dang three o'clock wall. Keep a protein food at your desk. It really helps. Congratulation os the new job. Here's hoping your get a raise in three months. :):)

I think I am over the worst of this dang not eating anything at all. Yesterday I ate a soft boiled egg and an orange. Today a ham patty. I know it is not a lot, but it is a start. Next Monday, my son is going to do the 'buy one and get one free.' He is going to get a pizza for me. Just a cheese one. That will be the free one. If I can just get two slices down, I will be happy. I have been working with proteins first. I am not taking my glipizide so I can't take in any carbs. I need to try to keep down my sugar level.

This problem has been occupying my thoughts all day long for everyday. Ever since the doctor used the word "anorexic." That really shook me up. Each day I have been losing a half pound or more. I know I need to lose weight, but not this way. :)

Addie said:
I think I am over the worst of this dang not eating anything at all. Yesterday I ate a soft boiled egg and an orange. Today a ham patty. I know it is not a lot, but it is a start. Next Monday, my son is going to do the 'buy one and get one free.' He is going to get a pizza for me. Just a cheese one. That will be the free one. If I can just get two slices down, I will be happy. I have been working with proteins first. I am not taking my glipizide so I can't take in any carbs. I need to try to keep down my sugar level.

This problem has been occupying my thoughts all day long for everyday. Ever since the doctor used the word "anorexic." That really shook me up. Each day I have been losing a half pound or more. I know I need to lose weight, but not this way. :)

I'm glad you are eating again and I'm glad you take your health seriously.

You diabetic Addie? I was anorexic years ago from a med the doc put me on. When it was taken off the market ( it causes some deaths) I was then put on Metformin. that help me but my weight stayed down. At my lowest weight I weighed 88 lbs. and looked like a bag of bones. Since I am only five one in height it wasn't to bad but it was so hard to deal with. I'd get furious when one of my girls would ask me to take one more bite please mom. I'm by all that now so you see you can beat it. Sugars can be controlled. So don't give up all carbs. load up on proteins, have some cheese, these type of things tend to keep you glucose doen it acts sort of like fat does it holds things doen. If I can help I'd be happy to just let me know.
kades

You diabetic Addie? I was anorexic years ago from a med the doc put me on. When it was taken off the market ( it causes some deaths) I was then put on Metformin. that help me but my weight stayed down. At my lowest weight I weighed 88 lbs. and looked like a bag of bones. Since I am only five one in height it wasn't to bad but it was so hard to deal with. I'd get furious when one of my girls would ask me to take one more bite please mom. I'm by all that now so you see you can beat it. Sugars can be controlled. So don't give up all carbs. load up on proteins, have some cheese, these type of things tend to keep you glucose doen it acts sort of like fat does it holds things doen. If I can help I'd be happy to just let me know.
kades

Thanks. I did much better today. I had another ham patty and then some soup with crackers. The problem is not that I can't eat, I just haven't been able to swallow solid foods. Broths, milk, coffee, etc. is fine. It is the solids. As soon as I would try to get something solid down, I would get a violent attack of the dry heaves. And with the heart condition, it put a strain on my heart. Then next thing is I am reaching for a couple of sprays of the liquid nitro hoping it does its job. Until I can eat a full meal, the doctor has taken me off my glipizide. I used to be on Metformin, but I started to vomit right after I would take my morning pill. I even was given the lowest dosage. My A1c has been between 6.0 and 6.2 for the last four years. So I am holding it under control. When I am on the glipizide, I have frequent episodes of sugar crashes. I have had sugar readings as low as 49. Not good. My doctor thinks I may be able to control my sugars by diet alone. I do take in some carbs, but very small amounts. I have three saute pans. They are getting rusty from disuse. So every time I am able to hold down a bite of solid food, it means I am on the track back to normal eating.

When the doctor used the word anorexic, he wasn't accusing me of being one, just giving what I was going through a name. It shook me up. Most anorexics try to hide their problem. I wasn't doing that. I was looking for a solution. I was concerned with what it was doing to me with the diabetes and heart condition. This has been going on since the beginning of last month. Way too long. Given another two weeks, picking away little by little, I should be back to normal. Thanks for caring. :)

Thanks. I did much better today. I had another ham patty and then some soup with crackers. The problem is not that I can't eat, I just haven't been able to swallow solid foods. Broths, milk, coffee, etc. is fine. It is the solids. As soon as I would try to get something solid down, I would get a violent attack of the dry heaves. And with the heart condition, it put a strain on my heart. Then next thing is I am reaching for a couple of sprays of the liquid nitro hoping it does its job. Until I can eat a full meal, the doctor has taken me off my glipizide. I used to be on Metformin, but I started to vomit right after I would take my morning pill. I even was given the lowest dosage. My A1c has been between 6.0 and 6.2 for the last four years. So I am holding it under control. When I am on the glipizide, I have frequent episodes of sugar crashes. I have had sugar readings as low as 49. Not good. My doctor thinks I may be able to control my sugars by diet alone. I do take in some carbs, but very small amounts. I have three saute pans. They are getting rusty from disuse. So every time I am able to hold down a bite of solid food, it means I am on the track back to normal eating.

When the doctor used the word anorexic, he wasn't accusing me of being one, just giving what I was going through a name. It shook me up. Most anorexics try to hide their problem. I wasn't doing that. I was looking for a solution. I was concerned with what it was doing to me with the diabetes and heart condition. This has been going on since the beginning of last month. Way too long. Given another two weeks, picking away little by little, I should be back to normal. Thanks for caring. :)
Glipizide will cause blood sugar lows if you don't or can't eat. The met formin caused me 2 weeks of tummy upset but then dissapeared. Some of the doctors prescribe the meds but don't really know how they work. zi hope you find a compromse, my dh is a pharmacist and if he can help let us know.
kades

Glipizide will cause blood sugar lows if you don't or can't eat. The met formin caused me 2 weeks of tummy upset but then dissapeared. Some of the doctors prescribe the meds but don't really know how they work. zi hope you find a compromse, my dh is a pharmacist and if he can help let us know.
kades
I always ask the pharmacist about any meds I'm going to take. Most pharmacists are happy to talk to you. They went to school for a long time and they like doing more than counting pills and working a cash register. ;)

I always ask the pharmacist about any meds I'm going to take. Most pharmacists are happy to talk to you. They went to school for a long time and they like doing more than counting pills and working a cash register. ;)

I always have the interns/pharmacy students give me the spiel on medications when I notice they are there. It helps them hone their skills. I usually give myself away by the questions I ask.:rolleyes: I've only had one that i had to put in his place, he was being a smart a## and got really snotty when I let him know I was a nurse. I also know the Pharmacy instructors...:devilish:

My doctor is pretty good about looking up all the side effects with me. It doesn't matter how long it takes, he will keep me there until I am happy. If he is going to prescribe a new med, he will go over all the side effects with me. Some I am willing to tolerate. Like dry mouth. I do draw the line on the 'death' one though. If I find a side effect just too miserable., I stop taking it and call. But I do give it a good try first. :)

My doctor is pretty good about looking up all the side effects with me. It doesn't matter how long it takes, he will keep me there until I am happy. If he is going to prescribe a new med, he will go over all the side effects with me. Some I am willing to tolerate. Like dry mouth. I do draw the line on the 'death' one though. If I find a side effect just too miserable., I stop taking it and call. But I do give it a good try first. :)
My doctor is good about that too, but I still ask the pharmacist. The pharmacist has a different understanding of medications and gets to hear all the complaints from people taking the drugs.

Do you like protein drinks?

For my b'day, my BFF's husband gave me a musical card--it plays the chicken dance. I love it! It makes me laugh everytime I play it. I love friends who give me a kick in the butt! Not to mention a Volvo!

For my b'day, my BFF's husband gave me a musical card--it plays the chicken dance. I love it! It makes me laugh everytime I play it. I love friends who give me a kick in the butt! Not to mention a Volvo!
Kewl :cool:

Happy Birthday :flowers:

BTW, when is your birthday? I can't find it in your profile.

hey sweetie, buy some ensure, choco, is good. drink it even if you don't want to. three a day, til you put on some weight. or better yet buy one of the drinks for diabetics. you can do it!! just hold your nose and drink it down. i did it, so can you.

I need to use this thread to gloat. Shrek needed some pipe clamps, so he could put a plastic crate on the back of his bike. The ones he picked out were too small and I told him so, told him to get the next size up. (side note - I hadn't done more than eye-ball the crate and had no idea the size of the rack on the bike) He took the clamps, put them on the crate and went out side to put it on the bike...the clamps were 1/4th of an inch too small. Muahahahahahaha!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

He ended up using zip-ties, which was my first suggestion...:angel:

I need to use this thread to gloat. Shrek needed some pipe clamps, so he could put a plastic crate on the back of his bike. The ones he picked out were too small and I told him so, told him to get the next size up. (side note - I hadn't done more than eye-ball the crate and had no idea the size of the rack on the bike) He took the clamps, put them on the crate and went out side to put it on the bike...the clamps were 1/4th of an inch too small. Muahahahahahaha!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

He ended up using zip-ties, which was my first suggestion...:angel:
Way to go PF.

In the cake that is a happy marriage, secret gloating is a main ingredient. Unless the spouse is very dense, he/she appreciates what's not said and values his/her mate all the more. Sounds like PF knows the cake recipe "by heart." ;)

Back
Top Bottom