What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just got back from grocery shopping at Stop&Shop because of the strike at my usual market.

I was pleased to find a bin full of "today" avocados so I bought two and ate one for lunch. Mmmm!

I enjoyed sleeping in this morning and am now sitting here with a decaf latte and some toasted banana bread and fruit salad.

Yesterday was a tough pain day for me and then I had my organic produce order to put away so we plan to have a quiet day at home today. Lots of movies to watch!

I hear ya on the grocery store issue Andy. Arg! Right now I'm listening to the baseball game which is on its last out just ended. After the wrap-up I'll make an Aldis run. Also waiting for a load of laundry to finish so I can flip it into the dryer before I head out the door. What used to be a quick trip for fill-in items is quickly becoming the main outing. I'd do the farmers markets thing, but most of them around here are in the morning. I may be up before noon, but I don't function until the PM.

...Glenn had hip replacement a number of years ago and tells me he was only "down" for about a month.

Buck had his done, but I can't remember how long his recovery time was but it may not have been too long since the memory is so fuzzy...
Keep in mind Katie that each year brings another improvement in surgery and recovery disciplines. I have a friend with two bionic knees, replaced about a year or two apart. She could not believe how much easier the surgery and recovery was on Knee Two. Unless you find out differently, just believe that you'll have an easier time of it than either Glenn or Buck. ;)

I did something I don't usually do....just sat in a park on a sunny day and spent time just watching the children frolic. It was lovely to observe their carefree play - so refreshing. :)
When we lived back home in OH I would head to one of the area parks to sit and read, enjoying whoever or whatever came by. Here in MA, not so much. Every time I'm somewhere wooded, including my own back yard, I know I'm going to have to do a thorough tick check to make sure one of those little buggers didn't dig in for the duration. :mad:

I wish PF. yes Taxy I am in the er once again with pain in my right side. just waiting for the results of the ct scan.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Discuss Cooking mobile app

I am in over night for observation. .The appendix site is inflamed and I am horribly nauseated

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Discuss Cooking mobile app

It is five a.m. and I am wide awake. I fell asleep rather early last night, and Spike dropped by and never woke me. Even Teddy didn't jump up on my bed and lick me awake. I finally woke up around 3 a.m. I must have been really tired. I keep a thick towel across the bottom of my door. It helps to keep the smoke in here than have the odor going out in the hall. I looked and the towel had been moved. I got nervous. Who was in here? Who opened my door to even look in if I didn't anwer their knock. Then I looked at Teddy's water bowl. I had filled it yesterday with fresh water. Half of it was gone. The when I sat down at the computer I noticed my pillow was missing. Right away I knew it was Spike and Teddy. Will I lock the door from now on? No. My claustrophobia is too severe and I wouldn't make it past the first 30 seconds. Just throwing the bar over in a public bathroom like at the hospital can throw me into a sobbing panic. I think it is time for me to get back to the psychiatrist for a couple of visits. I need to get this under control again to where I can function while performing normal activities in life.

Well, time to get back to trying to find a two bin laundry cart on wheels. It would make it so much easier to taking my laundry downstairs to the laundry room. The only ones I have seen so far are made of plastic and the reviews and stars leave a lot ot be desired. On with the hunt.

Laurie, take care of yourself. :angel: Here's an angel for you and hoping you get some answers . :angel:

I'm making chilled cucumber soup for the first time, with more of the abundance from the garden and homemade chicken broth.

Attachments

• 2014-08-10 13.57.00.jpg
    2014-08-10 13.57.00.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 143
On my way to the BBQ place for noms for later today. Today is the last day of the fair and it should calm down out there. Hard to move your car and hope to have a place to park when you get home.

Laurie, I'm sorry you're back in the ER. Not good at all! Hope it's resolved quickly. :)

Addie, take your own advice - take care of yourself as well ;)

Thank you for caring. I am. The most exiting thing I have done today is slice a very large Vidalia onion. And sit here at the computer. But getting and down to get a cup of coffee is requiring more effort than I am willing to expend. The Pirate will be here somewhere around seven. Then he will turn into my houseboy. He just doesn't know it yet. :angel:

Last edited:
I am. The most exiting thing I have done today is slice a very large Vidalia onion. And sit here at the computer. But getting and down to get a cup of coffee is requiring more effort than I am willing to expend. :angel:

I mean you need to *eat*. Something - anything. I know you have a lot of medical issues, as do I, but you can't be as healthy as is possible for you if you don't eat.

Thank you for caring. I am. The most exiting thing I have done today is slice a very large Vidalia onion. And sit here at the computer. But getting and down to get a cup of coffee is requiring more effort than I am willing to expend. The Pirate will be here somewhere around seven. Then he will turn into my houseboy. He just doesn't know it yet. :angel:
Wow...sorry to hear that. I had no idea life was so hard for you. Is this related to claustrophobia?

I mean you need to *eat*. Something - anything. I know you have a lot of medical issues, as do I, but you can't be as healthy as is possible for you if you don't eat.
When The Pirate comes, I have two sausages thawed out and a cuke and tomato all sliced and waiting for the vinegar and oil along with the seasonings. There will also be beef flavored rice along with sautéed yellow squash. :angel:

Wow...sorry to hear that. I had no idea life was so hard for you. Is this related to claustrophobia?

No. It is just old age creeping up on me. It happens to all of us sooner or later. But I do have a bad leg and almost lost it to amputation. But I was very fortunate is finding a doctor that saw a way to save it. Some days I can still run, and some days I limp a bit. (Don't worry PF, I don't run that often.) I will only run when I know there are other folks nearby just in case and never outside where the bottom of the fall is rather hard. But I really have no complaints. Basically I am as healthy as I can expect to be for my age. I still am able to get up every morning, and have no need for a housekeeper. I do all of my own housework and what I can't, my kids do it for me. I am still able to take complete care of myself, it is just that each chore takes me a bit longer than it used to. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom