What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Didn't get any of the usual Friday housekeeping chores done yesterday, so today was a huge catch-up day. In addition, as I was doing some of the laundry, I used the last of our detergent. That necessitated making a fresh 10-gallon batch. Fortunately, I've streamlined the process after making it for years and years, so it wasn't too much of a problem. And, the good thing, we now have tons of detergent in our stash.

Supper will be easy because there are some leftovers that need attention and we can begin anew tomorrow.

The rest of today will be a little lighter. All that's left to do is to remake our bed with the linens I just gathered off the outside clothesline.

Time to put my feet up and turn my attention to Huck Finn.

I am sitting getting my vitamin coctail by iv at the naturopath clinic. I just ordered a kindle paperwhite to take with me on the cruise. that way I can read and don't have to take my tablet/pc which is so much bigger.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Discuss Cooking mobile app

I am sitting here very worried. I woke up today and when I started to cough (yes, I still have that dang cough) my ribs felt like I had broken every one of them. I also feel a small amount of pain if I take a deep breath. Good heavens, I hope it is not pneumonia. This has been one heck of a summer. Will I ever feel "well" again? I am sick of having one thing after another go wrong.

When I went to Winthrop Thursday, my lungs sounded very clear. No crackling. Could something go so wrong that quickly? :angel:

I am sitting here very worried. I woke up today and when I started to cough (yes, I still have that dang cough) my ribs felt like I had broken every one of them. I also feel a small amount of pain if I take a deep breath. Good heavens, I hope it is not pneumonia. This has been one heck of a summer. Will I ever feel "well" again? I am sick of having one thing after another go wrong.

When I went to Winthrop Thursday, my lungs sounded very clear. No crackling. Could something go so wrong that quickly? :angel:

Yes!

(((Gentle hugs Addie))) Let's hope you didn't break any ribs.

:angel:

Thank you. I don't think I did. Right now I am feeling much better than when I woke up. In fact Spike commented that I seemed to be running around in spite of how I said I felt. I will keep an eye on the color of my phlegm and if it turns dark green, and/or the pain of breathing returns, 911 it will be. I am up to date with my Pneumonia shot. :angel:

Last edited:
Thank you. I don't think I did. Right now I am feeling much better than when I woke up. In fact Spike commented that I seemed to be running around in spite of how I said I felt. I will keep an eye on the color of my phlegm and if it turns dark green, and/or the pain of breathing returns, 911 it will be. I am up to date with my Pneumonia shot. :angel:
Hope you feel better soon without needing to resort to 911.

This cold seems to have gone on forever, you couldn't be allergic to something, could you? Anyone been doing building work on the building lately? New detergent, cleaning products, etc., in use either in your apartment or in the communal areas? New carpet or floor covering? Animals? Have you eaten anything unusual which could have set up a reaction? Hayfever?

Allergies can come on fairly suddenly and can be caused by something you've never had problems with before and anything causing sneezing and coughing can get on your chest and cause lung problems.

We need you here so don't mess with your health

Wave, wave, Kayelle, are you OK? The California earthquake has been on the news over here and it sounds quite bad. Is it near you?

Kayelle is in southern California - several hundred miles from the earthquake. My BIL happened to be in Napa Valley for a family party. No injuries to the family but they are probably still without power. Some roads were damaged and are impassable. I hope he can get home without too much trouble.

Looks like I will have to formulate my plan of the day for tomorrow. Glenn just brought in two 5-gallon buckets crammed full to overflowing with Italian green beans. These plants are never going to stop...but that's a good thing.

I'll probably tip them tonight while we watch TV, then I'll be a little ahead of the game for tomorrow morning. I will have to go to the store and buy more jars because I'd rather can them than freeze them. I want to save room in the freezer for the corn, which is about to knock on the back door. It'll probably be ready by mid-week. This is the second planting and it's doing well.

We're going to enjoy the fruits of all this hard work come wintertime.

Last night I cast my net across North America and only found one promising lead.

Thomas Durow, Saanich, Vancouver Island, British Columbia, died 3/27/1976

I found several other references to him in British Columbia voting registry from 1945 until about 1965.

I could not find any specifics that you could use to link him to another relative. I got the impression that this fella might have been involved in shipping. I saw references to him traveling as a passenger or crew to Seattle Washington several times.

I also reference to Else Durow, Saanich, Vancouver Island, British Columbia, died 1980.

They were the only two I could find which is unusual.

Good luck!
Wow, Aunt Bea. Thanks for that. Will try and follow it up. If it's the same Thomas he died aged 86. Long life runs in the family!

There are quite a lot of Durows, mostly with a German connection in the USA.

Where did you find all this?

Wow, Aunt Bea. Thanks for that. Will try and follow it up. If it's the same Thomas he died aged 86. Long life runs in the family!

There are quite a lot of Durows, mostly with a German connection in the USA.

Where did you find all this?

Most of the hits came up on Ancestry.CA I'm not a member so I could not get specifics.

He died in March at 85, before his 86 birthday, if your Thomas was born after March this could be a good lead.

Good luck.

Last edited:

How are you feeling today, Addie?

Most of the hits came up on Ancestry.CA I'm not a member so I could not get specifics.

He died in March at 85, before his 86 birthday, if your Thomas was born after March this could be a good lead.

Good luck.
I hadn't found Ancestry.CA but no I have I will consult with my cousin to see if she has worldwide membership of Ancestry and if not I'll join myself.

In the meantime, I've written to the editor of the Saanich News about the possibility of publishing a "fishing" letter.

This is the nearest we've got, thank you.

How are you feeling today, Addie?

Much better. I had a good solid all through the night deep sleep. And when I woke up this morning, I stayed in bed just resting. Here it is two p.m. and I just got up. In a little while I am going to go into the bathroom for a nice long hot shower while Rosie the Roomba runs around doing her cleaning. I have decided to make this a complete "Me" day. This has been the worst summer I can remember and I am going to get back to feeling good all the time. :angel:

Addie, good to hear you are feeling better and you had a good sleep.

I am pacing the floor and biting my nails waiting for the mail person to come. It seems to be coming later every week with a new person as often since our old one retired. I am expecting my birth certificate so I can get my passport in time for the cruise. It is funny, we are just going up the coast and it is hard to believe we are entering another country! ;)

Addie, good to hear you are feeling better and you had a good sleep.

I am pacing the floor and biting my nails waiting for the mail person to come. It seems to be coming later every week with a new person as often since our old one retired. I am expecting my birth certificate so I can get my passport in time for the cruise. It is funny, we are just going up the coast and it is hard to believe we are entering another country! ;)

Just look for a hole in the fence, everyone else does! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Good luck.

I hadn't found Ancestry.CA but no I have I will consult with my cousin to see if she has worldwide membership of Ancestry and if not I'll join myself.

In the meantime, I've written to the editor of the Saanich News about the possibility of publishing a "fishing" letter.

This is the nearest we've got, thank you.

I just started following this conversation here as I was away. I am a world member of ancestry.ca and also might be able to get you information here in BC Canada for you. PM me Mad Cook and I will see what I can do!

Back
Top Bottom