What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Himself said you might have better luck if you cook it up now. Turkey dinner at Dawg's house!

:LOL: I wish! Hopefully I can smush everything else in the freezer and stuff it in there, I think I have a big enough hole in the freezer. Turkey is still frozen stiff.

Last edited:
I've been dinking around on the iPad and basically doing nothing. Must bring the turkey from the outside cooler and find space for it in the freezer, as it's up to 29°F now. No easy feat.

Debone that turkey and stuff a chicken in it, then roast it up {like a turduckin but minus the duck, I did them with duck before and no one likes the duck, so the past 3 years I omitted the duck and EVERYONE LOVES it}...

heres some pics for tanksgiven of my turchikin, this year I reserved a 22lb bird, but they ended up growing him too big {33 or 34} and I didn't have a pan large enough to hold it, I had to run to a store and buy a cheap tin pan, what a night mare, it still came perfect, and everyone loved it, but Oh my god was it a lot of meat... Man what a lot of work that is, looking back at the pictures I am glad thanksgiving is almost a year away. I broke my cutco scissors prepping this monster and still haven't replaced them...

img_1405950_0_6164c930eb607b6cf2e18b089c46b9b9.jpg

img_1405950_1_184681c6a23cd5967622156b511c0fb2.jpg

img_1405950_2_9086e3ef73ee478e866542998a615a1b.jpg

img_1405950_3_66fb26c8ab5d6cef064fba8e77a4bfc1.jpg

The kids are finally all sleeping, I had a BUSY day, so now I am relaxing, I just watched a couple episodes of Mork and Mindy, now I am having a glass of whiskey {jameson 18} and listening to side 2 of abbey road album on vinyl. "here comes the sun" "little darling"... I swear I was born in the wrong decade.

Last edited:
Sitting in front of the big living room window with my second cuppa joe, watching the rain. It's REALLY coming down - huge drops bouncing back up off the street. Everything is getting flooded and I'm loving it! :clap:

Bea, we did that ice cream project with some kids in the classroom several years ago - they had fun and it worked pretty good! :)

Just got home from our 90 minute round trip drive to Costco. We behaved ourselves and stuck to the list, sort of. Still managed to drop a bundle. The checkout lady raved about the hot pepper raspberry chipotle sauce we got. We now have enough toothpaste to last us for several years. They didn't have low sodium V8, bulk pack eyeliner, or McCormick's Country Gravy Mix this time. Our Costco is sort of hit or miss I guess. Didn't get to try the sample boneless hot wings, as I practically got knocked over when the lady put out more samples, and they were all snatched up in a flash.

Just got home from our 90 minute round trip drive to Costco. We behaved ourselves and stuck to the list, sort of. Still managed to drop a bundle. The checkout lady raved about the hot pepper raspberry chipotle sauce we got. We now have enough toothpaste to last us for several years. They didn't have low sodium V8, bulk pack eyeliner, or McCormick's Country Gravy Mix this time. Our Costco is sort of hit or miss I guess. Didn't get to try the sample boneless hot wings, as I practically got knocked over when the lady put out more samples, and they were all snatched up in a flash.
:ROFLMAO:Now there's a woman with her priorities right - eye-liner bought in bulk!

Re toothpaste to last years. When I was moving house and I cleared out the bathroom drawers I discovered that I was the proud owner of 38 bars of soap!!!!

Since we're experiencing a veritable heat wave I'll be bundling up and heading out to shop. I have two grocery stores to get to this week, and of course they are in opposite directions. Today I'll go west, mostly to buy veggies for soup - lots of produce deals at that store. Since I'm rarely shopping "west", I plan on stopping by the health food store for an item I can't find in a regular grocery store - non-instant milk powder. I need it for "Kitchen Sink Cookies". Considered using my buttermilk powder, but since I'll be out anyway...

OK, here I go. Can't stop me now. Gonna pull my coat on (yes, PF, coat) and go.....

:huh: Dang! It's co-co-cold out there!

I never even went outside today. Never got dressed. I better get a shower and go to bed...BTW what's a "coat"?

Waiting for my neighbor to get home from their trip to India. Circumstances left them without a house key so I have the only one as I have been checking the house and car for them while they were away. So I'm sitting here watching a late sports show and using my computer. They're due in pretty soon.

We're getting a new shower installed! I'm so excited! It's from Bath Fitters, all one piece and very low maintenance. The whole operation seems very professional. Beagle is a bit consternated though.

We're getting a new shower installed! I'm so excited! It's from Bath Fitters, all one piece and very low maintenance. The whole operation seems very professional. Beagle is a bit consternated though.

congrats on the new shower. I bought a foreclosed investment property a while back, the previous owners must have been upset about losing their home and decided to destroy the, what looked to be brand new shower stalls that bathfitters refurbished for them. Which I bought the house after the damage was done so them doing that actually was the reason I was able to purchase the property at such a low price {I paid $117K, house was originally sold for $319K}..

So there was some damage to drywall and scratched floors none of which was much to fix since I employed 2 full time carpenters, and I was going to rip out the showers and replace them when a neighbor came over and told me they were done by bathfitters at the same time his was done and they would come out and fix them...

So I called the company the neighbor gave me the number to and sure enough they came out and fixed them shower stalls for free, I tipped the contractors well but it was still much less than if I had to replace them units. The showers looked great when they were done, I sold that house last year for $335K and one of the reasons the buyers liked it so much was because the showers looked brand new, when underneath was old pink and yellow tiles, lol...

Anyway good luck with the new shower its always fun to upgrade the home you live in, I built my home a few years back and still find stuff to change, I added this last year..
this corner leads out to one of our porches, we originally left it empty for a table my wife had, after the house was built we put the table there and she hated it, so it stayed empty, last year we went to a friends house and they had a troth sink in their kitchen, my wife loved it, we entertain a lot and that sink {I think its 34" long} gets filled with ice and water then we can fit about 24 bottles of beer and a few bottles of wine, its a handy spot too because the slider off of the kitchen goes right down to the pool house... the granite was tough to match since our kitchen was already built, but it came pretty perfect.. I put my food warmers and crock pots on that counter when we are entertaining, when I first tallied up that it was going to cost me about $4500 for 10sq feet of my kitchen after it was already built I wasn't too happy, but the wife wanted it and I am happy we did it...

I also added the fanimation ceiling fan, I love that thing, it has a weird pattern, is super quiet and moves a ton of air. our ceilings are over 10ft in the kitchen and moving air from up there is tough...

img_1407252_0_1a6cd0dda02d6a5393e1c832f46615f0.jpg

img_1407252_1_ef0d3f3ceb1c3437f598a3f95df23c2c.jpg

I would love to see some pics of your shower when it is done, I retired from the business and used to get just as excited as my customers when we did everything from remodels to full builds so needless to say I miss it...

My next project at my house is going to be adding a rain shower head to my master baths jacuzzi, Its actually pretty involved, I need to add a diverter valve to the existing roman faucet, then run the tubing to feed the shower head above the ceiling, then add the curtain rod system my wife picked out and change a bit of tile work around. We already have a shower in the master bath but my wife uses the jet tub, then goes and has to rinse off in the shower, this way she will be able to just stand up rinse off and be done.
I have all the materials just havent broken out the tools yet. Someday soon, I will do it...

Last edited:
Hmmm...what am I doing? Planning ahead? Thinking ahead? Whatever applies.

Tomorrow is shaping up to be a VERY busy day, so I thought I'd eliminate some of the crunch by preparing most of tomorrow's evening meal. Glenn's son and his little one will be here for supper and both are hearty eaters even though the little boy is only 2.

I just finished preparing this macaroni and cheese that's done in the crock-pot. I sampled it before putting it into the crock and, WOW, can't wait for it after it's been done cooking. Promises to be pretty yummy.

The rest of today will probably be spent entering recipes into the computer and, finally, writing down and putting into the computer some recipes I developed this last week. I have a bad habit of thinking I'll remember how I did thus and such when I create a winner. Well, you can imagine how that goes!:wacko: I have to say I AM getting better in my old age.

Like you, Katie, I've been playing in my recipes. I'm a compulsive clipper, saving all kinds of recipes that "look good" until I actually read it over thoroughly. A lot of those saved recipes are getting filed in the round file! Those that make it through the winnowing are sorted out into their proper slot in my file folder.

I swear I have more saved recipes than days left to live...:ermm:

We're getting a new shower installed!...
Enjoy your new shower, Dawg. BTW, is it big enough for two? :whistling

Like you, Katie, I've been playing in my recipes. I'm a compulsive clipper, saving all kinds of recipes that "look good" until I actually read it over thoroughly. A lot of those saved recipes are getting filed in the round file! Those that make it through the winnowing are sorted out into their proper slot in my file folder.

I swear I have more saved recipes than days left to live...:ermm:

Enjoy your new shower, Dawg. BTW, is it big enough for two? :whistling
I like to keep recipes in "scrap" books, i.e. blank pages with the recipe cut out from magazines which I have been doing all my life. Getting a computer is a new thing for me so, if I saw a recipe online that I tried and wanted to keep, I would write it up into the latest recipe book.

The benefit of this system is that I can take out a page (they are clipped together with punch holes) and have it there beside me in the kitchen to follow.

How does it work with recipes on a computer? Do you have a laptop in the kitchen? Are they transferable onto a mobile phone? (I am not techno savvy)

If the recipe is no good, I can remove it from the page (they are stuck on to blank pages). I keep a list of successful recipes as a reference when entertaining.

I love to copy a recipe on the computer. I copy it to my word processing program and edit it to be easier to read, and change ingredients I'd prefer to use. When I have it ready, I print a copy and review again.

I have quite a stack of these. Sometimes I actually take them out and see if I'll actually try them.

I love to copy a recipe on the computer. I copy it to my word processing program and edit it to be easier to read, and change ingredients I'd prefer to use. When I have it ready, I print a copy and review again.

I have quite a stack of these. Sometimes I actually take them out and see if I'll actually try them.
Ah...the advantages of a printer! ;)

Putting recipes on the computer has helped me to create a personal cook book of sorts. I increase the font size and BOLD the type so I can see them much easier than the recipes in most of my cookbooks. I also made a cheat sheet of sorts that I slipped into a top loading plastic sleeve and pinned inside a kitchen cabinet door. It has recipes for blender mayonnaise, basic salad dressing, temps for roasted meats vegetables etc... All the simple things I should remember and don't, lol! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Putting recipes on the computer has helped me to create a personal cook book of sorts. I increase the font size and BOLD the type so I can see them much easier than the recipes in most of my cookbooks. I also made a cheat sheet of sorts that I slipped into a top loading plastic sleeve and pinned inside a kitchen cabinet door. It has recipes for blender mayonnaise, basic salad dressing, temps for roasted meats vegetables etc... All the simple things I should remember and don't, lol! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Who says those are important things to remember, heck they are written down. The things to keep in your memory are those that are not written down, sunsets, children, parents, friends, kittens and puppies...infinitely more important than recipes.

Back
Top Bottom