What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm going nuts. Mom and Dad are going to lend us the money for a down payment on a house in Lingle or Torrington. Now I need to find a house and hopefully be able to move in quickly. M&D are looking at a place tomorrow for us. It's an old store remodeled into a 1 bedroom/2 bath single family home. 1800 sq feet for 62k. No yard (yeah!)

It is literally in what used to be downtown Lingle, WY. It's oddball and a perfect fit for Shrek and I. The kitchen alone is three times the size of the one I have now.

I love it!

This is exciting!

It may be a good omen that Lingle was carved out of the old PF ranch!

I would be tempted to have a big mural painted, of old Lingle, on that upper wall in the front. Maybe an art project for the local histerical society or college kids!

Good luck!

I love it!

This is exciting!

I would be tempted to have a big mural painted, of old Lingle, on that upper wall in the front. Maybe an art project for the local histerical society or college kids!

Good luck!

Thanks Aunt Bea!

LOL! And here I was thinking a picture from Narnia with that lamp post out front. The left side of the building is blank with a few windows up high, more mural space or I was thinking shades of purple from pale lilac at the top to dark purple at the bottom with tulips and daffs painted on. I could carry that around the back, too.

This isn't the Grandpa house. Dad took a look at that house and it is so delapidated it would take a year to renovate tear it down and rebuild.

This sounds so exciting PF. I can hardly wait to see where you end up. I've got my fingers crossed that you get a washer and dryer. It will mean so much to you after having to take your laundry to a laundromat. A little garden yard would be so much fun where you could grow some herbs, and maybe have a little space for the cats to explore outdoors.

Me, I'm making lists of things to prep and ideas for dishes to make after my monthly shopping spree yesterday.

I''m hearing my pillow calling me now. *yawn*

But, But! I like going to the laundromat much more than having a washer and dryer. I would like a little clothesline space though. Thanks, Z!

Addie, I'm getting tired just reading what you have been doing and planning.

That's really annoying about the rent cheques. What is management thinking?

I love it!

This is exciting!

Good luck!
Old PF ranch?

This isn't the Grandpa house. Dad took a look at that house and it is so delapidated it would take a year to renovate tear it down and rebuild.
Grandpa house?

Are you two talking in code?

Old PF ranch?

Grandpa house?

Are you two talking in code?

We were looking at the house that belonged to my GrandFather, he sold the farm about 50 years ago. But that is further south (by about 12 miles) than the store house I am looking at now.

We were looking at the house that belonged to my GrandFather, he sold the farm about 50 years ago. But that is further south (by about 12 miles) than the store house I am looking at now.

I was talking about this from the Wyoming Tribune, March 24, 1910.

Lingle.jpg

I'm getting that house, Dad says it's perfect!!!! I should be able to move right in as soon as we get there. AND the washer and dryer come with the property. Mom said she walked in and decided it was perfect for her Ogres.

Wow, that's terrific, PF!
happy093.gif
You're getting packed, your Dad will be there soon, you've got a new home to land in! I'm so happy it's working out so well so quickly.

The selling agent's name cracked me up - the Cleveland Indians used to have a player by the name of Shelley Duncan.

When you get to your new digs, see if you can make out the name that is hidden under that coat of paint. Miss Nosy here can't quite make it out from the photo. :whistling

Looks like is says "something ADULT something" doesn't it? I'll at least spray that out quickly.

Just what I need, to live in an old adult novelty shop and bookstore...:ROFLMAO::LOL:

Last edited:
I'm getting that house, Dad says it's perfect!!!! I should be able to move right in as soon as we get there. AND the washer and dryer come with the property. Mom said she walked in and decided it was perfect for her Ogres.

I am ready to cry. Everything is just falling into place for you. PF if anyone deserves this happiness, it is you and your Shrek. :angel: for you and :angel: for Shrek. And these two angles will always be looking down on the both of you.

Does Mom have a clothesline? You could always bring your wet clothes there during the summer months. A good excuse to visit and sit and talk over a cup of coffee or two.

Let's see!

Perfect job!
A ready to move in home!
Right near Mom and Dad!
Washer and dryer!
Right in the downtown area!
Shopping only feet away!
No yard work to speak of!
A place to sit outside!

And they said you can never go back home. Hogwash!

I wish there were a way we could all be there for a housewarming party. And how is Shriek talking all this good news? :angel:

Any shopping is in the town I will be working in, Torrington, not much shopping in Lingle. I have space for a clothesline. Mom and I will be terrors on our bicycles around town on days I am home. I am working night shift, so my days will be screwy. Mom says there is a little garden out back.

Shrek is doing fine with it, he is Mr. "But what if...?" and "You don't know..."

Last edited:
Any shopping is in the town I will be working in, Torrington, not much shopping in Lingle. I have space for a clothesline. Mom and I will be terrors on our bicycles around town on days I am home. I am working night shift, so my days will be screwy. Mom says there is a little garden out back.

Shrek is doing fine with it, he is Mr. "But what if...?" and "You don't know..."

PF, when I had a Girl Scout troop, I would tell them about a planned trip. To the circus, ice skating, etc. And then I got the "But what if the bus is late? But what if I have to go shopping with my mother? But what if, But what if! I finally learned to end my announcements with "And I don't want to hear one "But what ifs!!!" Even that didn't work. But patience does.

Oh how I wished I could get back on a bicycle. Winthrop says no due to a balance problem. Middle ear and all that crap. Unfortunately, they are right.

BTW, what are the chances of you and Shrek bike riding together? :angel:

Last edited:
PF, when I had a Girl Scout troop, I would tell them about a planned trip. To the circus, ice skating, etc. And then I got the "But what if the bus is late? But what if I have to go shopping with my mother? But what if, But what if! I finally learned to end my announcements with "And I don't want to hear one "But what ifs!!!" Even that didn't work. But patience does.

Oh how I wished I could get back on a bicycle. Winthrop says no due to a balance problem. Middle ear and all that crap. Unfortunately, they are right.

BTW, what are the chances of you and Shrek bike riding together? :angel:

Shrek can no longer ride a bike.:(

Back
Top Bottom