What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bunnies!!! There are Bunnies!!! Cotton-tail's. So cute! I just got back from playing with my cats at Mom's and the new kitten in the house. He is a bouncing terror, name of McGee from NCIS, we've been calling him Proby. He's an orange tabby with blue eyes.

Off to bed for a nap, work tomorrow night. Trying to get used to working nights again.

Bunnies!!! There are Bunnies!!! Cotton-tail's. So cute! I just got back from playing with my cats at Mom's and the new kitten in the house. He is a bouncing terror, name of McGee from NCIS, we've been calling him Proby. He's an orange tabby with blue eyes.

Off to bed for a nap, work tomorrow night. Trying to get used to working nights again.
Just wait 'til those bunnies are eating the stuff in your garden. They won't be nearly as cute.

I'm glad to hear that your cats are talking to you again.

Love the birds and bunnies stories! I got to watch an American goldfinch couple, a catbird, a downy woodpecker, and a male cardinal today, along with my squirrely friends. My honey bunny did not show up, however. :(

I did get some other stuff done besides critter watch. I made a batch of marinated green beans and sorted through my cookbook shelves. Now I'm chillin' (literally) and listening to the baseball game.

Bunnies are brats. So are deer. I have no idea who's been eating my perennials, suspecting deer. Bunnies are having fun eating my bean seedlings in the fenced in vegetable garden, as the deer can't get in.

Watched a juvenile male hummingbird give his approval to the new feeder I bought. The old feeder has been falling apart, and the hummingbirds have been complaining bitterly. They buzz the big picture window.

Last edited:
Baby Bunnies running across the road at 5:30 in the morning is frightening...at least there is no other traffic so I can stop or swerve.

They are so cute, aren't they? There's one that's about 6 inches that lives in my shade garden amongst the hostas and shrubs, and I suspect him/her of pilfering my fenced in vegetable garden.

Baby Bunnies running across the road at 5:30 in the morning is frightening...at least there is no other traffic so I can stop or swerve.

Same here. Every now and then I have to brake for bunnies, or a family of quail, or roadrunners :), but there isn't much car traffic out here so it's usually not a biggie to put on the brakes.

Glad to see you back, princess. :)

Wild turkeys, coons, possums and deer are an issue here on the back roads.

A couple eons ago, DH and one of his buddies and I were headed to a big tennis tournament they were playing in out of town. Our friend had a big cup of coffee. DH hit the brakes to avoid hitting a rabbit. Our friend wore his coffee all down the front of his white shorts.

Thankfully, they were both beat in the first round, and we all went shopping after that. I have NEVER seen any men so eager to go shopping. The friend didn't want his wife to know they got beat so early!

Last edited:
Love the birds and bunnies stories! I got to watch an American goldfinch couple, a catbird, a downy woodpecker, and a male cardinal today, along with my squirrely friends. My honey bunny did not show up, however. :(

I did get some other stuff done besides critter watch. I made a batch of marinated green beans and sorted through my cookbook shelves. Now I'm chillin' (literally) and listening to the baseball game.

Sounds good, CG. I love marinated green beans. :yum:

I've also been going through shelves of cookbooks. I'm giving the bookcase to my daughter for her new house, so I'm transferring them to another bookcase. And I can't seem to put one single cookbook away without browsing through it. :rolleyes: :LOL:

Last edited:
Same here. Every now and then I have to brake for bunnies, or a family of quail, or roadrunners :), but there isn't much car traffic out here so it's usually not a biggie to put on the brakes.

Glad to see you back, princess. :)

Thank you Cheryl. Nice to be back. Life has been too hectic lately, it's finally calming down a bit.

We have lots of bunnies in our neighborhood. To me, that's a sign that the feral cats are gone. When the cats were around we never saw bunnies. All we have is tomato plants and they haven't shown an interest in them. The groundhogs like them though! Our local groundhogs must have been busy over the winter. Lots of baby groundhogs running around. When they get bigger DH will trap them and relocate them in the woods down the road.

Even though last night was officially the full moon, we didn't get to see it because the sky was thick with clouds. However...

tonight is a different story. Clear sky and beautiful huge full moon!

Love it.

I love to see the full moon in the fall. There is a bridge we have to cross to get to Chelsea. If you are there at just the right time when it is rising, there is a moment or so where it has just fully cleared the horizon and is sitting right on the railing in all of it full glory. Absolutely breath taking. I have been privileged to catch it a couple of time. Brings traffic to a full halt. The best view is in October. Sometimes you can catch it in November also.

And no, I didn't have the urge to howl at the moon. But you do want to cry at the beauty of it. Nothing like Mother Nature doing her job at her best. :angel:

I'm trying to deal with another kidney infection and finish a photo video for one of my "kids" who is graduating this year. Our church puts on a banquet every year for the grads and I started photo presentations years ago when I was in charge of the tech crew. I only do them now for my special kids and this one tops the list. I have known him literally since the day he was born and am a second mom to him and his older brother.

As for the infection, if the antibiotics don't start working by Saturday, I will be on IV twice daily at the out-patient clinic so I am doing everything to stay away from that! :ermm:

Washed and hung out the sheets already this morning (hope the rain holds off until this afternoon). I am just going to leave and go to our last family owned grocery store in town and get some of their bone in pork chops for supper, they are so good.

I'm trying to deal with another kidney infection and finish a photo video for one of my "kids" who is graduating this year. Our church puts on a banquet every year for the grads and I started photo presentations years ago when I was in charge of the tech crew. I only do them now for my special kids and this one tops the list. I have known him literally since the day he was born and am a second mom to him and his older brother.

As for the infection, if the antibiotics don't start working by Saturday, I will be on IV twice daily at the out-patient clinic so I am doing everything to stay away from that! :ermm:
Have fun with the video presentation.

The kidney infection is a bummer. (((Hugs))) and keeping my fingers crossed that the antibiotics work.

I sure hope the antibiotics start working. Take care.:flowers: Jo

Back
Top Bottom