What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I had plans for Pirate and myself to go to my daughter's home. That plan has flown right out the window. We I have a really bad head and chest cold, and Pirate has the flu. No Thanksgiving for the two of us this year. Oh well, there is always Christmas dinner.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. :angel:

Pirate and myself spent the whole day in bed. We are both so sick. I think he is sicker than me though. I can honestly say, this has not been my best holiday. :angel:

That's a shame, Addie. Hope you both are feeling better soon!

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

Thank you so much Dawg and TL. I can't believe the crap that is coming from my lungs.

I need a shower so badly. My hair is so dirty. And my skin feels like it wants to crawl off me. But the last thing I need is to get chilled when I get out of there. I could push up the temperature, but Pirate has a fever and the extra heat would make him even more miserable. So it can wait another day. Back to bed to sleep some more. :angel:

Trying to work up the energy to clean up the kitchen from yesterday's last minute cooking. I suppose closing my laptop and walking away would be a good place to start. :wacko::LOL:

Trying to work up the energy to clean up the kitchen from yesterday's last minute cooking. I suppose closing my laptop and walking away would be a good place to start. :wacko::LOL:

NOOOOO!!!!! :LOL:

If you wait long enough that magical Cleaning Genie (The dog) will show up and take care of those pesky dishes for you.

Be strong now.You have the force behind you.:LOL:

Stay in you jammies like the rest of us and everything will be just fine.
Trussssst meeeee.:ROFLMAO:

NOOOOO!!!!! :LOL:

If you wait long enough that magical Cleaning Genie (The dog) will show up and take care of those pesky dishes for you.

Be strong now.You have the force behind you.:LOL:

Stay in you jammies like the rest of us and everything will be just fine.
Trussssst meeeee.:ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO:
Well I'm still here, but you've given me an idea, Munky. I'm still in my jammies and plan to stay that way, and don't have a furry cleaning genie.... but I think I'll wait until wine thirty (which may be soon :LOL:), and let that and some Christmas music help me with the clean up. ;):LOL:

:ROFLMAO:
Well I'm still here, but you've given me an idea, Munky. I'm still in my jammies and plan to stay that way, and don't have a furry cleaning genie.... but I think I'll wait until wine thirty (which may be soon :LOL:), and let that and some Christmas music help me with the clean up. ;):LOL:

Ok, Trub is on his way.Runnin'.Look for the Golden Retriever with shiny hair.
BIG GRIN (I was naughtyyy look in his eyes) Chocolate face.He will take care of it for you.:LOL:

He had his Thanksgiving steal last night.He helped himself to a few bites before he got caught of a chocolate pie that I had made.

That boy is now on one high sugar rush.

I managed to find a way of donating without strings, i.e. getting lots of follow up mail with never ending donation pleas. (I feel sure I am not the only one who is put off donating by this).

I really just wanted to make a donation to Crisis for a homeless person to have a xmas meal....something I did last year but was not prepared for the constant donation pleas that then ensued and put me off.

There was nothing indicating how I could get round this dilemma but I phoned them and learnt that I could donate anonymously over the phone (their advert does not say this, obviously)!

I also did the same to Medicines sans Frontieres - whose advert on donations only offered a regular monthly payment. Again, I phoned them and discovered I could pay a one off donation anonymously over the phone with my VISA card.

Perhaps this info will be useful to others.

Last edited:
This is a great idea, creative! I'm another one who is put off by neverending pleas for donations after the first donation.

DH is upstairs lecturing and screeching at the TV, his favorite football team is playing, and apparently the ref is making bad calls.

I'm watching the Food Network. All the other channels, including my beloved court shows, have been taken over by football. No movies are of interest right now.

Oh, and portioning up leftovers for freezing.

Last edited:
Excellent suggestion, creative. I find it counterproductive to making a small donation when it seems like an equal amount is spent trying to get me to give more.

I'm recovering from yesterday. And Wednesday. Not only did I prep and make a total of seven (!) side dished (half on Wednesday and the rest on Thanksgiving), I got the bright idea to completely clean and rearrange the dining half of our kitchen. That included moving a china cabinet from one wall to another, and removing all the items from our glassware-and-wine rack...and washing every single glass item. Then there was the two-stack Barristers' bookcase that holds about 140 cookbooks. Oy! Murphy's Oil Soap washed the table and four chairs, while Mr. Clean got the floor (the cleaning solution, not Himself). At least everything sparkled (and tasted great) when my SIL and her hubby showed up at our place bearing a turkey and pumpkin pie.

Gosh, I wish my get-up-and-go to clean would wake up when absolutely nothing else is planned for days :LOL:

DH is upstairs lecturing and screeching at the TV, his favorite football team is playing, and apparently the ref is making bad calls.

I'm watching the Food Network. All the other channels, including my beloved court shows, have been taken over by football. No movies are of interest right now.

Oh, and portioning up leftovers for freezing.

I hear ya, Dawg. :rolleyes: If you get the Travel Channel, have you ever watched "Mysteries at the Museum"? I have it on DVR. It's interesting, and handy to have on hand when you can't possibly watch another FoodNetwork show during sports seasons. :LOL:

It's on right now through the wee hours. :)

Mysteries at the Museum: About the Show: Travel Channel

Last edited:
I'm recovering from yesterday. And Wednesday. Not only did I prep and make a total of seven (!) side dished (half on Wednesday and the rest on Thanksgiving), I got the bright idea to completely clean and rearrange the dining half of our kitchen. That included moving a china cabinet from one wall to another, and removing all the items from our glassware-and-wine rack...and washing every single glass item. Then there was the two-stack Barristers' bookcase that holds about 140 cookbooks. Oy! Murphy's Oil Soap washed the table and four chairs, while Mr. Clean got the floor (the cleaning solution, not Himself). At least everything sparkled (and tasted great) when my SIL and her hubby showed up at our place bearing a turkey and pumpkin pie.

Gosh, I wish my get-up-and-go to clean would wake up when absolutely nothing else is planned for days :LOL:

Wow, CG....and I thought I was busy this past week! :ohmy: It's gotta be a nice feeling to get all that cleaning done, though. I did finally get my kitchen cleaned up from yesterday but it really took some git-er-done will power. :LOL:

My problem with cleaning, Cheryl, is that by the time I actually get through the whole house (not that it's big, it's just that I'm slow and lazy when it comes to cleaning), the place I started at looks like it has never been cleaned. :(

Excellent suggestion, creative. I find it counterproductive to making a small donation when it seems like an equal amount is spent trying to get me to give more.

Wow! I got tired just reading that. My cleaning get up go left home a while ago and hasn't been seen for a long time. :ermm:

As to charities, I suspect this is true of non-Canadian charities to a large extent. Most Canadian charities have websites and if you look hard, you can find out where the money goes, i.e. how much goes to fund raising? how much to salaries? how much to research, etc.? Nowadays I like to check that stuff. Again, there is probably a version of this in other countries - places that rate charities. Here are two Canadian ones: 2015 Charity 100: Canada's top-rated charities and Charity Intelligence Canada Unfortunately, those two only rate the 100 highest grossing charities.

And thank you for your suggestion Creative.

Back
Top Bottom