What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
... I finally gave up. Got the 3yo a dumptruck that comes apart and morphs into other truck-type stuff, and comes with its own drill...
Dawg, you missed the perfect opportunity to make sure your baby bro gives you gift suggestions from now on. You could have gotten your 3-y-o nephew the same thing that my SIL and her hubby got for our two kids when they were around that age. Considering SIL and family were living 1000 miles away from us at the time, she had no fear of having to put up with this:

Fisher Price Musical Band Set

0731398921362_p0_v1_s550x406.jpg

Actually, what our kids got was the version F-P had out around 30+ years ago. Still one noisy toy! :wacko:

:LOL: CG, guess what I got him last year? A nice little drum and music set!

That may be why their parents don't want to give me any ideas!

I got nephew a really cool fishing rod and magnetic fish for his birthday. They join him in the bathtub, they float. Baby bro reports that nephew also likes to swing them around and bap his big sister.

Sigh.

Last edited:
:LOL: Oh, how I'd love to see a pic! There are some hilarious Ugly Christmas Sweaters going around on FB. I wish I would have saved some of my sweaters from years ago....:LOL:

DH came home for lunch. I suggested that he could change out of my Christmas sweater, as he has an eye appointment after work. He insists on wearing it all day, including to his appointment.

He did get his picture taken at work for the contest, and says he flashed what he called a gang sign in the pic... (I suspect it was the peace sign, but I'll let him think otherwise.)

Last edited:
:LOL: Apparently I've raised a latent cross-dresser! Hope he didn't stretch out my sweater, or spill anything on it!

I am off to Winthrop to get my meds and something for this sore throat. Will be back as fast as I can. I really do not want to go out. I would rather go back to bed.

Every one have a happy morning. :angel:

Dawg, I'm having fun with the visual, too! I bet he got some comments on his attire at the doctor's office. :LOL:

Princess, I hope little Django's appt. went well and he'll be feeling better very soon.

I've been so busy with bake sale goodies for Tyler's school, cleaning out the fridge and getting it ready for Christmas leftovers, presents are all wrapped etc....whew, I'm almost Christmased out. :LOL: Tyler's kindergarten class is having a pageant tomorrow morning at 8:30 so my daughter and I are meeting for coffee early before his classroom's performance. Nothing cuter than seeing a group of little 5 year olds singing. :wub:

It's a beautiful sunny day, so I'm taking a break and fixin' to fire up the Weber and grill a rib eye steak for an early afternoon dinner.

It's just a little after 9PM here, and I'm headed for the recliner to fall asleep in front of the TV. Have to be up at 6AM for an early morning coffee date with my daughter, then off to Tyler's Christmas pageant. It's going to be COOOOLD in the morning....in the 20's....and I'm not exactly a morning person, especially when it's freezing. :ermm::LOL: Night, all!

Last edited:
Waiting is... Picking up Django in less than an hour and missing his fuzzy butt in front of my computer. Also very tired after a night with no CNA's to help me.

All done shopping and wrapping for 21 people ( at least 3 gifts each) and 3 birthdays this month. And I just mailed the last of the Christmas cards this morning. Now to think about making some peanut butter fudge (a treat for me). I'm not complaining really, I'm just glad it's done.

Last edited:
No Ugly Christmas Sweater contest results yet. I scrolled through all the other entries, and I'm pretty sure we got this.

Dude looks like a lady. With a Santa hat.

I decided to try to get into the Christmas Spirit. Ho Ho Ho! :angel:

Some lunch ladies and a couple teachers I used to work with talked about making sweatshirts, each with the one word "ho". We laughed, and quickly discarded that idea. We'd have to stand in a line all day, and couldn't get anything done. Plus the implications.

Last edited:
Taking my self out to dinner at my favorite restaurant!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Back
Top Bottom