What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Earlier, I used my food saver for the first time. I packaged sirloin tips, cube steak and two chunks of pork butt, all of which I had bought on sale. It works like a charm.

I thought of removing the shower door. Replacing it with a curtain.
Everyone has nixed that idea. Like they nixed my idea about getting rid of the furniture, until Mr. Munky said he wanted it gone. I'll do as you suggested do it anyways. It's my bathroom, I'll do what I want.

Apparently besides having a mounted chair to the wall. He needs special mats, and a shower head that's easily accessible so that he can shower on his own. Guess I'll find out Sunday.

I have the following and it is the best for everyone. I love mine.

Delta 9-Spray Slide Bar Hand Shower in Chrome-51504 - The Home Depot

And don't fret about the tiles. They have special drills for such purposes.

You're such a busy bee! Glad things are settling into place for your big day on Thursday. I'm sure your DH will be just as happy coming home as you are to have him back. :wub:

He can't wait to get here. We did send pics. Showed him more yesterday when we visited.That was one of the best visits yet. He was very relaxed, rested up, smiling and not in pain the whole time. Ate all of his gourmet dinner.Maybe it was good that he had a day alone without us around.

While we were going room to room checking what needed to be done.
We also replaced wall switches, sockets and plates.We had fun pretending to be him. He's comical.:LOL: Found a screwdriver that someone had dropped and left in the wall when they built this house. It's mine now!:LOL:

I txted him when our guys and I were 10 minutes away."Almost there"
He gave me the sweetest greeting ever. When we opened the door the guys walked in first. Quickly stepped aside to let me in.What I saw almost made me cry. He was standing unassisted (His cane close by his side, just in case) with the biggest smile he could make,one arm outstretched.I got a BIG gentle bear hug. He's doing so well there.His nurse couldn't quit smiling either.

I'm glad I fought and won the fight to get him into a better place.

The staff are extremely proud of their efforts, as well they should be.
A lot of them remember when he first arrived.Some had looks of doubt that standing unassisted at the time was out. To yesterday's even if it was just for a minute.To see the progress he's made. You know they feel a sense of accomplishment.

We'll morning coffee break and wake up time is over.
Need to finish up my projects, do all the fine detailed clean up.
Then I'm off to see him and watch the game tonight.

Munky Badger.

Munky, there are not enough :heart: and :wub: smilies on the internet to let you know how happy I am for you! So happy for your entire family.

I'm listening to the baseball game, and trying to not chew my cuticles into rags. Not gonna be easy...

Earlier, I used my food saver for the first time. I packaged sirloin tips, cube steak and two chunks of pork butt, all of which I had bought on sale. It works like a charm.

I'm glad you're happy with it, Andy - especially since you got such a good deal on it. One thing I wasn't prepared for when I bought mine, is how LOUD they are... :ermm::LOL: I got used to it pretty quickly, though.

I be smiling from ear-to-ear.

Psst, in care you didn't know, the Cleveland Indians won the first round of the post-season. Moving on to play against the Toronto Blue Jays. Sorry, Andy.

Glad you're pleased, CG! Never have understood this sports stuff, but have at it if it gives you happiness!

I be smiling from ear-to-ear.

Psst, in care you didn't know, the Cleveland Indians won the first round of the post-season. Moving on to play against the Toronto Blue Jays. Sorry, Andy.

The Indians played great and Franconia did a great job coaching. I'll be rooting for your guys to beat the Jays.

Thanks, Andy. My prediction: We'll take them in six, then beat the Cubs over a 7-game series. Why? Because the Indians are (kinda) shadowing what the Cavaliers did during their championship run. Cavs swept each of the first two series by sweeping the Tigers and Hawks, then beat the Raptors in six. The Warriors had the most wins during the regular season, just like the Cubs do this year in baseball. It would be nice to have a run of champs like you have had lately. A girl can hope...

Glad you're pleased, CG! Never have understood this sports stuff, but have at it if it gives you happiness!
I bet you can understand this: My Mom was a big Indians fan. She taught me all she knew about the sport starting when I was around eight years old. She listened to and watched the games right up to the end.. Now that Mom's gone, this is one of the ways I feel close to her. This, and cooking. :yum:

Heh. Mom, being Canadian, loved hockey. Ontario somethings. Grandpa, on Dad's side, also loved hockey, but he mostly liked the zamboni that scraped up the blood and stuff.

Last edited:
I still haven gotten my sock off the wheel, I think I need to kill the sock and remove the wheel because being gentle hasnt worked

That is one determined sock, CP. May be time for the scissors. And for the sock to get a new mate. Or hop around on one foot.

Last edited:
I have removed the wheel, bit hard when it needs a specialty screw driver that I dont have, nor new existed. But yeah my new sock is chewed up and I loved the toucan on it.

And I remove some beads too. I dont understand how is got ripped from my foot and so well stuck, unless the chair was hungry.

Back
Top Bottom