What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Taxlady: but sadly it makes things different in texture. It easy to make too. I have the recipe some where in the 300 books I have.

Wish I had a picture of the car bumper work I did...silver duct tape and a wire hanger, kept that booger on.

The Galaxy tape will be woven on to the seat and back of a black Cosco stool. I may cushionize the seat before taping. Pictures when I am done.

I used to make duct tape wallets and purses when the only color we had was silver. Great gifts. Even taught a "how to" class to behavior disordered students. That duct tape would make a gorgeous wallet or purse.

We have an H-Mart about 25-30 minutes away. It's a fascinating place to shop.

I bought chicken feet for soup, salmon bellies to fry crisp and snack on. Fresh Mackerel. Black soy sauce of the brand Powerplantop said he gets. The prices were unbelievable! Industrial size sesame oil...

Then we stopped at Costco...

I bought chicken feet for soup, salmon bellies to fry crisp and snack on. Fresh Mackerel. Black soy sauce of the brand Powerplantop said he gets. The prices were unbelievable! Industrial size sesame oil...

Then we stopped at Costco...

Holy buckets. You lost me with chicken feet. I was traumatized by one in first grade.

I agree with sesame oil and soy sauce.

Do not know how anyone can stop at Costco without spending at least $300. You're a better man than I, Gunga Din. Or PF.

Last edited:
I was cleared by the surgeon today for "Activity as tolerated"...now I have to do yard work...

Stopped by Mom and Dad's...was in the back of the Subaru digging out a Milkbone for Jethro; I closed the hatch door, hitting myself in the face with the stupid door. Didn't break my glasses, but I have lovely scrapes and bruising. Brilliant...

Holy buckets. You lost me with chicken feet. I was traumatized by one in first grade.

I agree with sesame oil and soy sauce.

Do not know how anyone can stop at Costco without spending at least $300. You're a better man than I, Gunga Din. Or PF.

My Costco bill was over $400...but I got stocked up on things we use.

I was cleared by the surgeon today for "Activity as tolerated"...now I have to do yard work...

Stopped by Mom and Dad's...was in the back of the Subaru digging out a Milkbone for Jethro; I closed the hatch door, hitting myself in the face with the stupid door. Didn't break my glasses, but I have lovely scrapes and bruising. Brilliant...

You need to quit doing that, PF. Oh, yeah, you already knew that...

Munky, I bet your DH knows you were just trying to act like normal. He's probably more angry with himself for having that danged stroke than with anything you could say or do. Hang in there, things will be better. ((hugs))

Good news on the "cleared for activity", PF. Just don't overdo. You know, by bonking yourself on the head and stuff.

H-Mart is a pilgrimage for us - nearly an hour drive. We haven't gone for so long I can't find my "must buy" list. PF, what is the name of that black soy sauce, please and thank you. I had it written down somewhere...

I'm trying to unwind by giving myself an alcohol rubdown...from the inside (got a glass of wine at my side). I spent half the afternoon and a good chunk of the evening clothes and shoe shopping. :sick: I hate to clothes shop, despise shoe shopping. At least I came home with two pair of shoes that might work (Saucony sports shoes and Earth Origins walking sandals). Got four winter tops - two lightweight sweaters and 2 mock turtlenecks. I should be set for the next 2-3 years. Did I mention I really don't like to shop for clothes and shoes? :wacko:

My Costco bill was over $400...but I got stocked up on things we use.

Congrats, PF, on the activity as tolerated. However, I wouldn't tolerate getting hit with car doors! Hit it back next time!

$400? I have been known to get up to $800 at Costco if I haven't been for awhile... :angel:

Munky, I bet your DH knows you were just trying to act like normal. He's probably more angry with himself for having that danged stroke than with anything you could say or do. Hang in there, things will be better. ((hugs))

Good news on the "cleared for activity", PF. Just don't overdo. You know, by bonking yourself on the head and stuff.

H-Mart is a pilgrimage for us - nearly an hour drive. We haven't gone for so long I can't find my "must buy" list. PF, what is the name of that black soy sauce, please and thank you. I had it written down somewhere...

I'm trying to unwind by giving myself an alcohol rubdown...from the inside (got a glass of wine at my side). I spent half the afternoon and a good chunk of the evening clothes and shoe shopping. :sick: I hate to clothes shop, despise shoe shopping. At least I came home with two pair of shoes that might work (Saucony sports shoes and Earth Origins walking sandals). Got four winter tops - two lightweight sweaters and 2 mock turtlenecks. I should be set for the next 2-3 years. Did I mention I really don't like to shop for clothes and shoes? :wacko:

I LOVE my Saucony sneakers. I have two pair (1 blue and 1 purple).

I like H-Mart also. I like to get the big bottles of toasted sesame seeds, bean sprouts, snow peas and the packages of cut ribs. They are so good for BBQ ribs and I don't have to clean a rack or cut them into pieces. They get nice and browned on all sides. I have a bottle of the dark soy sauce. I think it's just called dark soy sauce but I'm not sure. I also like the tub of fermented black bean paste.

Last edited:
In Canada we have "Bulk Barns" where you can buy a gazillion different flours. I seem to have a little bit of all of them, including Potato Starch and Potato Flour. I often use them to 'bread' meats and vegies for stir frys.

Anyplace that sells different flours, especially for gluten-free recipes will have them. Bob's Red Mill or King What'ssname.

Happy Boy Brand Black Soy Sauce. Also found the Red Boat Fish Sauce.

I got a pair of the Sketchers Flex, very nice. Also picked up a couple merino wool tops and a silky, flowy top for dress up.

Last edited:
Congrats, PF, on the activity as tolerated. However, I wouldn't tolerate getting hit with car doors! Hit it back next time!

$400? I have been known to get up to $800 at Costco if I haven't been for awhile... :angel:

The hatch missed my head by a nose...

I didn't snack my way through the samples, that cut way down on food purchases, also I don't eat the same way I did a year ago. That cut down on silly food purchases.

Costco is now carrying the Columbus brand of pastrami and turkey with no nitrates/nitrites, also found some nice breakfast sausage without nitrates/nitrites, locally produced in Greeley, CO.

I LOVE my Saucony sneakers. I have two pair (1 blue and 1 purple).

I like H-Mart also. I like to get the big bottles of toasted sesame seeds, bean sprouts, snow peas and the packages of cut ribs. They are so good for BBQ ribs and I don't have to clean a rack or cut them into pieces. They get nice and browned on all sides. I have a bottle of the dark soy sauce. I think it's just called dark soy sauce but I'm not sure. I also like the tub of fermented black bean paste.

First time I was ever in a H-Mart. I took my own Korean/Chinese translator (Dad) along. I supplied minimal assist with Japanese. I did manage to stay away from the teapots, teacups and Bento boxes.:rolleyes: I look at this trip as a scouting expedition, now I know where to go for items I use.

In Canada we have "Bulk Barns" where you can buy a gazillion different flours. I seem to have a little bit of all of them, including Potato Starch and Potato Flour. I often use them to 'bread' meats and vegies for stir frys.

Anyplace that sells different flours, especially for gluten-free recipes will have them. Bob's Red Mill or King What'ssname.

I get most of my flours from King Arthur, love the quality and consistency.

Costco is now carrying the Columbus brand of pastrami and turkey with no nitrates/nitrites, also found some nice breakfast sausage without nitrates/nitrites, locally produced in Greeley, CO.

It is hard to find meats without nitrates/nitrites - another VERY big irritant for me. Swells up my sinuses the next day, I become a yechhy squiinty eyed monster.

I don't belong to Costco but go with a friend once in a while - I will have to check it out.
They have a brand of Parmigiana Reggiano that I just adore!

Cooking Goddess, I know the feeling. In Sweden , my size is hard, because plus size clothes are either made for giants, I am not joking, to fit in I need to be at list 4 inches taller then I am or for balls with no breast or shapes. And I have tiny waist compare to my huge hips, big round pillows on the front and my GOD how hard it is to find anything that fits at all. Sure an army tent might be sexy to some but not me and I still dont grasp why they think women of my size sports muffins when most of us has at least buns or melons.

Cooking Goddess, I know the feeling. In Sweden , my size is hard, because plus size clothes are either made for giants, I am not joking, to fit in I need to be at list 4 inches taller then I am or for balls with no breast or shapes. And I have tiny waist compare to my huge hips, big round pillows on the front and my GOD how hard it is to find anything that fits at all. Sure an army tent might be sexy to some but not me and I still dont grasp why they think women of my size sports muffins when most of us has at least buns or melons.
So, you're telling us you are voluptuous. ;)

Scandinavian women don't, on average, seem to have much in the breast department. Sort of 9 out of 10 are small breasted and #10 makes up for the rest. When I lived in Denmark, I wore a B bra cup. I could hardly ever find a blouse where the "booby button" would stay closed.

Back
Top Bottom