What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Threw a partially consumed chicken breast carcass into a pot along with some tired vegetables, water, and herbs. I hate wasting anything, and even though we're just two people, I can't cook for any fewer than eight.

Oh well.

A bit of laundry going on too.

Last night I went on a cleaning spree and cleaned the whole stove inside and out along with the fridge. So tonight I finally finished the fridge. I ran out of steam last night in the middle of the fridge. Pirate got a spot on my stove today and I went spastic. And all he made was some poached eggs on toast. "Mom, I am used to cooking in restaurants, not for one person!" That remark went right over my head.

How do you make a meatloaf for just two, or a half pot of coffee? I need to find a cookbook with recipes for just two people.

The pump on my Mr. Coffee died last night, so we are making coffee that hard way. Pouring by hand the water into the filter and letting it drip. New coffee maker next Friday. I don't need all the bells and whistles. Just a simple coffee maker.

Dawglover, Addie, you have my deepest sympathies. I know exactly how you feel. I cook meals for 4 with the intention of freezing the other portions. I can not seem to judge portions so I end up eating 2 portions for supper... and the other 2 portions for breakfast.

But... I have found that if I plate all four plates equally, then box the 3 for the freezer and set aside to cool - I am less likely to gobble them all up immediately. Yes, yes... I know you are all screaming "all those dishes!!!" well.. :angel: I have put on over 10 pounds in 3 months from boredom and no self control; doing extra dishes is the least of my problem :LOL: AND I have no dishwasher (other than me).

You might want to consider getting an extra smaller freezer. :chef:

My sister is canteen / cafeteria lady, this means she cook, not fancy but for many. Dont ask her to do two portions of anything, it taste horrid because her brain is set for 10 not 2 as minimum.

But she is amazing when it comes for 10 or 100 , I just love her food then.

Oh well I just went food shopping, picked up farmfresh milk and is dead tired... it took us 3½ hours to do the shopping, thank God it freezing because nothing thawed up. We did have lunch too. Yum. I am still stuffed.

Threw a partially consumed chicken breast carcass into a pot along with some tired vegetables, water, and herbs. I hate wasting anything, and even though we're just two people, I can't cook for any fewer than eight.

Oh well.

A bit of laundry going on too.
Dawg, I have about 5 carcasses in the freezer. When I get 6 I throw them in a post, make broth, make a few containers up without salt for Violet to mix her liquid medicine in, then do the same as you with the veggies we have hanging around. I think I have number 6 ready now so that will be my tomorrow job!

Yeah, I was trained in a restaurant and catered for several years. Cooking for two?

And laundry is on the list for today, after more sleep and a Costco trip.

Last edited:
LP, I can't find the carcasses. Oh, wait, you meant chicken. Oops.

DH "helpfully" brought up a half loaf of bread from the freezer, and stuck it in the fridge. I will be making croutons I guess.

Got my seed order yesterday. From http://migardener.com. This is a small company. Literally mom and pop operation. A young couple run it themselves.* Most seeds are $1 a pack. If you have a garden they are worth a look. This is my second year ordering from them. We also got all our seed corn for the farm in the other day. Spring is coming up fast.
A bunch of us went to a wild game feed last night. There was elk and moose. Turkey, goose, and all kinds of fish. The best was the turtle. I don't know who prepared it but it was awesome. It was cubed with some kind of sticky bbq sause. It was absoutly delisous.

Well my Mr. Coffee quit on me. So I have been making coffee by hand. (Don't ask. I am so angry about it!)

I got my hair cut yesterday. It was past my shoulders and my bangs were past my chin. It is now cut into a pixie. And I am loving it.

About a month ago I reached down to scratch the calf of my leg. My skin is ver, very fragile. I don't have any fingernails because of my reaching to scratch. But somehow I put enough pressure on the 'scratch' that I tore the skin and took a piece of skin with it. Now it won't heal. In fact it has a nice red circle around it. So first thing tomorrow I will be calling Winthrop for them to send the van and pick me up. time for a professional to take a look. The Bacitracin is not working at all.

This is the same way the other leg started and I ended up in surgery. Fortunately the surgery was a success and I still have my leg. I hope it is the same with this leg. Other than sitting here worrying I watched Victoria and The Eight Wives Of Henry the VIII. Now I have The Big Bang Theory on. A rerun of course. PBS is having its begging month Again!

Inspecting my fruit supply. We're out of jam. I have four large oranges, so marmalade is in my near future.

Looking into recipes.

LP, I can't find the carcasses. Oh, wait, you meant chicken. Oops.

DH "helpfully" brought up a half loaf of bread from the freezer, and stuck it in the fridge. I will be making croutons I guess.

:LOL:
I also realized I said "I throw them in a post" instead of a pot. I didn't want you worrying that I was sending you 6 chicken carcasses in the mail! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:LOL:

I also realized I said "I throw them in a post" instead of a pot. I didn't want you worrying that I was sending you 6 chicken carcasses in the mail! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:LOL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I bet your chicken carcasses are great, LP! I'll be watching for the mailman!

Ha! I scored a meaty hambone from the dark depths of my deep freezer! And I only had to go up to my elbows!

Red beans are soaking now. Red beans and rice tomorrow.

Ha! I scored a meaty hambone from the dark depths of my deep freezer! And I only had to go up to my elbows!

Red beans are soaking now. Red beans and rice tomorrow.

You reminded me that I have a hambone a friend gave me (and she delivered it in person, Dawg, just in case you were wondering ;))

I should get it in the crock pot for some French Canadian Pea Soup!

Taking a nap and trying to recover from a nasty virus. Maybe go for a shower in a bit and then prepare something for supper.

I'm ordering a Scanpan non-stick skillet. The T-Fal one I bought a couple of years ago has lost some of the non-stick coating. The Scanpan one is oven safe to 500°F and can go in the dishwasher. It's also safe to use metal utensils in it. I signed up for an account at two different online stores and put the pan in my shopping cart. Now I wait and see if either one sends me a coupon.

I'm ordering a Scanpan non-stick skillet. The T-Fal one I bought a couple of years ago has lost some of the non-stick coating. The Scanpan one is oven safe to 500°F and can go in the dishwasher. It's also safe to use metal utensils in it. I signed up for an account at two different online stores and put the pan in my shopping cart. Now I wait and see if either one sends me a coupon.

You might want to check out reviews on the Scanpan and also check out what people are writing about how they honor their warranty. We have one. It does do a good job of cooking, but, even though their literature says they don't have a "coating," we have several spots in ours on the side just above the bottom where it looks like "coating" has come off. These spots happened not long after we got it. They haven't gotten appreciably worse over a couple of years, and there's not that many of them, but for the price of these things, it bugs me. Honestly, I didn't even bother contacting Scanpan about them after reading multiple comments about how they "honor" their warranty.

We didn't mistreat the pan either, I don't use metal utensils in it and fuss at Craig when he does, so they don't get used in it often. It gets soaked if there is any crusting and it is hand washed, never been in a DW.

We were in Sur La Table one day buying something and a lady was at the register at the same time talking to 1 of the clerks about Scanpan. She had bought 1 and had the same issue we did, and said she treated the pan the same way we did when I started a conversation with her about them.

Like I said, the pan cooks great and things don't stick, but just wanted to let you know our experience.

You might want to check out reviews on the Scanpan and also check out what people are writing about how they honor their warranty. We have one. It does do a good job of cooking, but, even though their literature says they don't have a "coating," we have several spots in ours on the side just above the bottom where it looks like "coating" has come off. These spots happened not long after we got it. They haven't gotten appreciably worse over a couple of years, and there's not that many of them, but for the price of these things, it bugs me. Honestly, I didn't even bother contacting Scanpan about them after reading multiple comments about how they "honor" their warranty.

We didn't mistreat the pan either, I don't use metal utensils in it and fuss at Craig when he does, so they don't get used in it often. It gets soaked if there is any crusting and it is hand washed, never been in a DW.

We were in Sur La Table one day buying something and a lady was at the register at the same time talking to 1 of the clerks about Scanpan. She had bought 1 and had the same issue we did, and said she treated the pan the same way we did when I started a conversation with her about them.

Like I said, the pan cooks great and things don't stick, but just wanted to let you know our experience.
Thanks for the info. I will go check out some reviews.

Slept in after another trip to the ER (Tues night) and Observation stay (got home last night), having angina attacks, they sure feel like the real thing.

Back
Top Bottom