What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm getting ready to grind up a pork shoulder and make some bratwurst and Italian sausage. Then DH decides he's hungry, so I have to wait for him to finish making something to eat to get his butt out of my way! :ROFLMAO:

I'm getting ready to grind up a pork shoulder and make some bratwurst and Italian sausage. Then DH decides he's hungry, so I have to wait for him to finish making something to eat to get his butt out of my way! :ROFLMAO:

Tell him to hurry up or you'll add his butt to the shoulder...

Anyone made homemade pest traps for mosquitos? Supposedly, you cut a 2 liter plastic soda bottle in half, pour in some water, sugar and yeast in the bottom half. You take the cut off top spout part and insert it upside down into the lower half that has the fermenting yeast soup in it. The yeast fermenting releases CO2 which mosquitoes are attracted to. They fly down into the inverted-inserted spout part to get to the CO2 soup but don't have the brains to fly out the entry hole they flew in to. They drown.

BTW, the mosquito is responsible for more deaths than all the wars that ever were.

Last edited:
What Are You Doing?

I can't stop crying!
I was sitting here and all of a sudden I hear two male owls "hooting" back and forth... and then the faint cry of a female.
The tears started and they won't stop!
For me, the Pueo is my Aumakua or in my Native Hawaiian Culture, the Owl is my Guardian.
NOW I feel like this is my home, that was the first time that I've heard the Pueo!

:heart: You are blessed. :heart:

Isn't is an awesome sound? We have Barred Owls and Screech Owls in the area and have heard them both. When Himself's parents built in Cape Coral FL, the area was very new. They were one of just a few houses in their neighborhood, and a family of burrow owls lived in a hole two lot up from their home. So tiny and cute!

Cornell University has a great site with bird information. You'd probably enjoy the bird calls and songs section. Don't stay up too late! :LOL:

All About Birds - Songs and Calls

I finally broke down and bought a tailgator for the camper. So we can have dish network anywhere we go. That's not camping you say? No kidding, I don't camp. I RV.

I grew up camping. When I was young and unbreakable, I backpacked into the woods. Then I moved on to car camping when I got married. Then, I bought a teardrop camper when I got divorced, that I sold to build a teardrop of my own design. I sold that one, too. Made a nice profit on it.

I still have a top shelf tent, and car camp a couple times a year.

Psycho-poodle hates camping. Camping with your dog is a very heart-warming thing, unless your dog hates camping. On a regular basis during the night, he wakes me to let me know that he wants to go home.

CD

Last edited:
I did a lot of camping as a kid. Our Boy Scout troop went camping for weekends and had a ball, but sleeping in a tent on the ground with no heat is for younger bodies than mine.

:heart: You are blessed. :heart:

Isn't is an awesome sound? We have Barred Owls and Screech Owls in the area and have heard them both. When Himself's parents built in Cape Coral FL, the area was very new. They were one of just a few houses in their neighborhood, and a family of burrow owls lived in a hole two lot up from their home. So tiny and cute!

Cornell University has a great site with bird information. You'd probably enjoy the bird calls and songs section. Don't stay up too late! :LOL:

All About Birds - Songs and Calls

So many mahalos, thanks for that CG... that's a cool site!

I did a lot of camping as a kid. Our Boy Scout troop went camping for weekends and had a ball, but sleeping in a tent on the ground with no heat is for younger bodies than mine.
That's how I got started. In boy scouts. Good times. I will never forget it. But now I need a bed. And heat. And Air conditioning.

My late husbands and my version of camping was to load up the station wagon with sleeping bags, inflated air mattresses strapped on top of the car, firewood, shovels, kindling, paper, matches, marshmallows, tent, food in a cooler, beer, towels for swimming, camping chairs. Drive less than a quarter of a mile to our pond, still on our property, unload the car, set up camp, go swimming, sit by the fire and crawl into the tent. In the morning we would walk back to the house for breakfast. Once the sun had burned off the dew, we loaded up the car and drove back to the house!

My late husbands and my version of camping was to load up the station wagon with sleeping bags, inflated air mattresses strapped on top of the car, firewood, shovels, kindling, paper, matches, marshmallows, tent, food in a cooler, beer, towels for swimming, camping chairs. Drive less than a quarter of a mile to our pond, still on our property, unload the car, set up camp, go swimming, sit by the fire and crawl into the tent. In the morning we would walk back to the house for breakfast. Once the sun had burned off the dew, we loaded up the car and drove back to the house!

I love that story Beth. It reminds me of the first time my late husband and I "camped". We were just newlywed kids really, and decided we'd just build a campfire on the beach with two sleeping bags zipped together under the stars.Very romantic.;) Around 4am the morning fog drizzle rolled in and at daybreak the surfers were walking over us. :LOL:
We never did that again.

Last edited:
When I lived in a log cabin a city friend asked if we went camping a lot. I replied, "No. I can spend all day in the woods or hike to a lake and still sleep in my own bed. Why would I want to camp? If I want a campfire I can light the wood stove or build fire right outside."

Back
Top Bottom