What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just got off the phone with one of my dearest friends. Jeebus, we could visit for hours. Tonight it was only 2 hours. She has hearing aids, so I had to talk loudly on occasion which annoyed DH who was watching sports in the other room. And was much louder than we were.

Last edited:
Your DH needs headphones, Dawg. That way he can ignore you legitimately! :LOL: Himself wears headphones when he watches any video on his tablet - quite often I'm talking into the wind even though I'm inside the house 25 feet away from him.

BTW, have you started your taxes yet?

I am enjoying sitting down. I made a couple quarts of pulled chicken, bagged it, and tucked most of it into the freezer. One full bag is tucked into the fridge for Saturday's supper. Also made five quarts of ham and bean soup, portioned out a liter for my SIL, and put the rest into a smaller dutch oven to heat for supper tomorrow. Then there was tonight's quiche. Except for sitting down to eat during the early, half-hour news, and a couple of quick trips to the "library", I've been on my feet all day. OuchOuchOuch! Almost time for my alcohol "rubdown". ;)

Your DH needs headphones, Dawg. That way he can ignore you legitimately! :LOL: Himself wears headphones when he watches any video on his tablet - quite often I'm talking into the wind even though I'm inside the house 25 feet away from him.

BTW, have you started your taxes yet?

I am enjoying sitting down. I made a couple quarts of pulled chicken, bagged it, and tucked most of it into the freezer. One full bag is tucked into the fridge for Saturday's supper. Also made five quarts of ham and bean soup, portioned out a liter for my SIL, and put the rest into a smaller dutch oven to heat for supper tomorrow. Then there was tonight's quiche. Except for sitting down to eat during the early, half-hour news, and a couple of quick trips to the "library", I've been on my feet all day. OuchOuchOuch! Almost time for my alcohol "rubdown". ;)

Why wait. You know what they say. It must be five o'clock somewhere.

The pain in my left ring finger is finally subsiding. And with all the Vicodin I have in my system, I am now getting sleepy. "It must be bedtime somewhere." Goodnight!

My legs hurt, been out treat or curse with my daughter and her best friend, they got a fair bit of candy and few coins.

In Sweden we dress up sort the same, to be Easter witch or Easter warlock and then goes out and hand over a small home made item and get candy back, if we dont get candy we curse them.
My daughter is too polite to curse people so she says Hope you dont smile today or she just keeps smiling and walks off. When I was little we used to curse like May dance with devil, may the Devil get you, May you arse become your mouth.

My legs hurt, been out treat or curse with my daughter and her best friend, they got a fair bit of candy and few coins.

In Sweden we dress up sort the same, to be Easter witch or Easter warlock and then goes out and hand over a small home made item and get candy back, if we dont get candy we curse them.
My daughter is too polite to curse people so she says Hope you dont smile today or she just keeps smiling and walks off. When I was little we used to curse like May dance with devil, may the Devil get you, May you arse become your mouth.

I find that tradition very interesting.. Thank you... :)

I've never heard of this. How interesting! I've got the curse part down pat.

Eye drops with antibiotics, not a happy kid, because it stings but we can now see her blue eyes and it is clearing up. Just two more check up and then we get to know if anything serious has happen.
They had to use a Q tip like thingy to get it out and a rinse.

I hate the antibiotic eye drops. I used to get pink eye a lot as a teenager and they would automatically give me the antibiotic eye drops until they got an eye doctor in the practice that specialized in eye based allergy symptoms and she realized that I was getting it mainly in spring and fall so she started me on a preventive course of allergy eye drops and daily oral allergy medicines, which I still do to this day.

Similar to what the kids here in the US do for Halloween? I haven't given out candy in a couple of years. 2015 Mom was in rehab and I was having supper with her - hip replacement stay. 2016 Mom didn't want to deal with the hassle so we just kept the porch light off. We don't have very many kids in the neighborhood anyway.

Have all the morning chores done and finishing up my coffee before getting dressed. Mom have a follow-up with her dermatologist this afternoon and after that my sister is coming by for a few to bring some ribs that she cooked last night - so no big cooking for us tonight. Will just fix a package of Alfredo noodles and a salad to go with it.

Love Halloween. Especially decorating for it. We had a member, 4meandThem, who really went nuts on Halloween, he had all sorts of mechanized monsters and stuff. Cakepoet, do you celebrate Halloween in Sweden?

One Step Closer

Mr.Munky is doing well.He had an Angio a few days ago.He was in the 65 range.For everything he's been through that's an excellent number.

Yesterday was his last day with the Cardio Nazi's, (God, how I dreaded seeing or being around those judgemental women) I won't miss the Hen house waiting area either! That's where all the wives sit and gossip.Once in that room with them was enough.Too many questions."Why are you here?What happened to your husband?" Really ladies?...I just thought I'd like to stop in an watch people run on treadmills,watch them sweat for kicks...After that, every time he went in I was standing and working with him in the patient areas.

The big cheese(Head Director) happened to come in while we were there.
Mr.Munky was finishing up.As we were leaving I shook his hand,said it was nice meeting him and thanked him for everything.

The Nazi's were in earshot of what he said to me.
He corrected me and told me "Thank you!. You're the one who's making his recovery a success" That compliment was the nicest thing I've heard in a long time. That poor man was in the Hen house with several of the hens while I was out on the floor working out with hubby.

Yes, I had a big smile as we were walking out. Thinking,take what you just heard Nazi's and learn something from it.
Bye!:LOL:

I went and saw my allergist yesterday. She basically educated me with all the common allergies after asking me a bunch of detailed questions and at the end she told me to use a different over-the-counter medication from the one I've been taking and prescribed me the dosage. And if after six weeks my hives continue to persist she'll run tests. Fair deal. :)

I went and saw my allergist yesterday. She basically educated me with all the common allergies after asking me a bunch of detailed questions and at the end she told me to use a different over-the-counter medication from the one I've been taking and prescribed me the dosage. And if after six weeks my hives continue to persist she'll run tests. Fair deal. :)

Now there is a doctor who is not only thinking of your pocketbook, but don't forget, if in the event you should get worse, don't hesitate to go right back to see her. Adverse events are usually reported to the maker of the drug. Even the OTC drugs.

It is similar to halloween but you only dress upp as a very cute witch with red cheeks, black freckles and dark eye brows and a head scarf and well what ever else you find, boys have a hat and the same makeup. And you cant see if any one is poor or rich since the clothes are just stuff you find at home.

Just got through with breakfast and doing the AM chores. After "The View" goes off, we're going to the bank, Walmart, and the grocery store.

Mom's Dr appointment went well yesterday. He froze a couple of places of her forehead and one off her hand. The place where she had a skin cancer cut out is healing beautifully, in his words. She has one more two-month follow-up appointment, then he may start stretching the time out some.

I hope it was boring for your sake, too, JC.

I'm trying to gear up to get me to the nunnery grocery store. I don't need much, just a few "must haves" because they are on sale, but I just don't feel like shopping. I suppose if I get up and go I'll feel a sense of accomplishment, so Here. I. Go.

*logs off, closes laptop, gets up from table..."

I'm burned out. Worked on taxes all afternoon. I'll have to work on them again, tomorrow. I'm about ready to throw all the damn forms into the neighbor's firepit. There's no way we could owe that much in taxes. Hoping I made a simple stupid error. I just can't look at them anymore.

I hope it was boring for your sake, too, JC.

I'm trying to gear up to get me to the nunnery grocery store. I don't need much, just a few "must haves" because they are on sale, but I just don't feel like shopping. I suppose if I get up and go I'll feel a sense of accomplishment, so Here. I. Go.

*logs off, closes laptop, gets up from table..."

Thank you... She checked me out, head to toes, froze a couple of spots on my head and cut me loose.. I was pleased... Jeannie took me to the donut shop as a treat for being a good boy during the exam.. :LOL:

Thank you... She checked me out, head to toes, froze a couple of spots on my head and cut me loose.. I was pleased... Jeannie took me to the donut shop as a treat for being a good boy during the exam.. :LOL:

Glad to hear the new about your head. I still think Jeannie deserves some of those cookies from TJ's.

I just made a fast run to the corner store. I didn't think I would need my coat. It looked so nice and sunny out. Of course I didn't bother to check the weather or temp before I left. But I wore my coast anyway. Good thing. There is a cool wind blowing. I should always check the willow tree across the street, but she is now gone.

It is getting late in the day, need to make a fast snack. Haven't eaten since yesterday afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom