What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jasper got to eat chocolate pudding for the first time today! Wife gave it to him and He plopped right done on his little stool. He has had so many new foods this past few weeks since he has been cleared of his allergies. Some he likes some he don't. 0428171753.jpg

Yesterday, made some smoke flavored gouda, the top was slanted, bummer, today white and orange mottled colby for my colby lovers.

I have a cold smoker made from a coffee can and a soldering iron. I can really only use it in the winter down here in Texas. It makes wonderful smoked cheeses. I give them to friends at christmas.

CD

Jasper got to eat chocolate pudding for the first time today! Wife gave it to him and He plopped right done on his little stool. He has had so many new foods this past few weeks since he has been cleared of his allergies. Some he likes some he don't.View attachment 26743

And a whole new world is opening up for him. Nothing like chocolate anything to make a person happy.

It is 11 pm and am telling myself to get my a$$ up to bed.

For someone who used to get up at 4:30 every morning... and now finding she sleeps til 6:30 or 7 WOW!!! Ain't retirement great?

But the roofers will be here at 7am... and do they really want to see a 72 year old harridan in a tattered nightgown, staring at them? I want them to do the roof, not chase them away screaming!

aww.... go to bed dragn!

For someone who used to get up at 4:30 every morning... and now finding she sleeps til 6:30 or 7 WOW!!! Ain't retirement great?

But the roofers will be here at 7am... and do they really want to see a 72 year old harridan in a tattered nightgown, staring at them? I want them to do the roof, not chase them away screaming!

aww.... go to bed dragn!

You have the wrong outlook. If they see that 72 year old harridan they will work harder and faster just to get finished and out of there. You just have to find the good side to everything.

aww.... go to bed dragn!

The Allstate insurance adjuster is coming to my house on Sunday between 8AM and Noon to inspect my roof. Yes, Sunday. They are working seven days a week to catch up on hail claims.

So, two weeks in a row I will be out of bed before noon on a Sunday. :LOL:

CD

Nope, I just left them there for Pirate to put away. He is tall enough and besides he is the one who dirtied them all. My least favorite thing to do is wash pots and pans. I don't mind cleaning the house in general. Not even the bathroom. My bathroom is small and it is easy. I made sure I have all the equipment and cleaning stuff to make the work much easier. Oven cleaner does a great job on just about every hard surface. Even the bathtub. It's not just for the oven anymore.

That works, too. I'll have to remember the tip about the oven cleaner for the bathtub. We have a self-cleaning oven so I'll have to get some when I'm at Walmart Monday.

Right now, waiting for Mom to get out of the bathroom so I can do her ear drops. She just woke up about 15 minutes ago. Not doing much of anything that isn't absolutely necessary.

Timing has been off all week. Either a day ahead or 2 days behind.
Yesterday I thought it was Sunday. Too many Dr.Appmts 4 out of 5 days were on the road now. I did the weeks worth of laundry!

Maybe I'm just over tired. Everything's been rush, rush, rush.

Bought a few flats of flowers weeks ago. Today if nothing more important stops me, I'll give my favorite flowerbed a new over haul.
Hopefully it's the last time it will have to be done.

Timing has been off all week. Either a day ahead or 2 days behind.
Yesterday I thought it was Sunday. Too many Dr.Appmts 4 out of 5 days were on the road now. I did the weeks worth of laundry!

Maybe I'm just overtired. Everything's been rush, rush, rush.

Bought a few flats of flowers weeks ago. Today if nothing more important stops me, I'll give my favorite flowerbed a new overhaul.
Hopefully, it's the last time it will have to be done.

I hear you Munky! TB was off all week so we could buy our condo, run around and sign papers, etc. Every day I kept thinking it was the weekend. Now, it is Saturday and I, for some reason, thought it was Monday when I was getting pills out of my daily container.

Today it is a day of normal chores - laundry, go across the river to pick up our gluten free bread, take bottles and cans to the recycle outlet, some groceries and then curl up and watch a movie.

I'm making shredded beef with barbecue sauce in the Instant Pot. Some friends suffered a death in the family earlier this week, so I'll take them some for dinner tomorrow. I'll also make potato salad and cole slaw.

Attachments

• 0429171605_HDR.jpg
    0429171605_HDR.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Munky, you need a
cute-hug.gif

Lessee, so far I've run the dishwasher and put dishes away; did a load of cold-water wash shirts, put them on hangers, and have they hanging up to dry; put away the dry goods from shopping on Thursday; took some of the screens from the garage to the basement to wipe them down. Right now, I'm going to relax with a cup of coffee and a piece of coffee cake, then it's the screens. I'll wash the windows and frames of a few windows so that Himself can finally get into the act! :ROFLMAO: Since some of the screens are nearly as tall as I am, he has the honor of jockeying them into the window frames. Besides, I don't want him to miss out on fun. :mrgreen:

Munky....playing in the dirt always gives me pleasure, relaxation, and clears my head. I hope it does the same for you! :wub:

Been a busy Saturday here, too. I've been cleaning the garage. Much still to be done, but I put a good dent in it today. Condensed and rearranged some of the dozen or so Rubbermaid tote bins on the shelves and found I now have room to store the several others that are on the closet floor in the guest room. Yay! Moved the car out of the garage and swept the floor, boxed up a bunch of stuff for Goodwill, and threw away other stuff.

It's approaching wine thirty (sort of...) but think I'll have another couple of glasses of iced tea and a snack first. :)

Last edited:
That works, too. I'll have to remember the tip about the oven cleaner for the bathtub. We have a self-cleaning oven so I'll have to get some when I'm at Walmart Monday.

I have Windex, Pinesol and all the other good stuff under the sink But when I buy Oven cleaner, I always buy two cans at a time. It really cuts through the soap scum on the tile and tub in the bathroom. I also use it on the front of my cabinets, on tough spots on the floor, fingerprints, etc. I grab that first before anything else.

Oven cleaner should NOT be used in a bathroom unless it's very well ventilated. I can't imagine using it in a bathroom in the first place, really. There are so many other products meant for cleaning bathtubs available on the market, and if you clean your tub and shower regularly, you don't need anything that caustic.

Also, I don't know what kind of cabinets you have Addie, but if they are painted or stained wood, oven cleaner will strip them. :ermm:

Last edited:
Oven cleaner should NOT be used in a bathroom unless it's very well ventilated. I can't imagine using it in a bathroom in the first place, really. There are so many other products meant for cleaning bathtubs available on the market, and if you clean your tub and shower regularly, you don't need anything that caustic.

Also, I don't know what kind of cabinets you have Addie, but if they are painted or stained wood, oven cleaner will strip them. :ermm:

I have cabinets that were popular in the 80's. White. And I also have three switches right by the door in the bathroom. One for the light, the second one turns on the exhaust fan. And the third one is for the radiant heat for bath or shower time. I automatically turn on the two top ones every time I go in there. For the obvious reasons.

You would think that you should use oven cleaner for only an oven, but according to Reader's Digest there are all kinds of uses for that noxious stuff. Remarkable Uses for Oven Cleaner. I'm with you, though, on there being a kinder, gentler way to scrub crud. The best thing I have found for cleaning soap scum from the shower walls is hair shampoo. Smells good, very gentle, great use for a shampoo that my hair suddenly stops liking, all kinds of upsides. Just make sure you rinse the floor thoroughly, or your bottom might end up up-side. :ermm: My favorite cleaner of all, though, is Murphy's Oil Soap. Almost makes work fun. Almost.

Back
Top Bottom