What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am waiting for Violet to eat her breakfast appetizer (aka take her medicine) so we can go out for her first duty trip. She has an infection in both ears and because she was shaking her head so hard from it, she broke blood vessels in one ear, leaving a huge pocket of blood. We can't have it drained until the infection is getting better because they don't want it to happen again.

I am also getting ready to make a gluten free zucchini loaf. Once it is done, cooled and put away safely, I will be making gluten filled blueberry cupcakes to take as a gift tomorrow when we go to dinner with some friends of TB from work. If I am energetic enough, they will be decorated. If I am not, they will be simply iced with a glaze ;)

CP, glad you got to take a trip home. I know it's hard to come back after seeing family. It's hard for me to get my daughter leave after her and her family are for a weekend.

LP, hope Violet gets better soon. It's bad enough when grown ups get ear infections. But babies and pets are a whole other story.

Waiting for Shrek to shower so we can go get his "plumbing problem" fixed. I'll be very busy with "the Invalid" for the next couple days. Meanwhile, since he can't eat, I haven't eaten either.

How is your "invalid" doing? I hope he is healing fast and you both are getting some rest. Take care.

I am sitting here with my headphones on listening to the Bee Gees hits. I should be working on my grocery list. A chore of punishment for me.

Since Spike does one half of the store for me, I have to list everything by which aisle the item is in. A real pain!!!

I took Teddy out this morning. I managed to walk more than a half block with him. And then back. I think that was because I am full of Vicodin. My leg and foot are so swollen. Not good.

How is your "invalid" doing? I hope he is healing fast and you both are getting some rest. Take care.

The Ogre had an extra couple of days in the hospital than planned (breathing problems)...he's well enough now to make me nuts.:wacko: I'm taking the afternoon off, taking my Niece to the street fair in town and the last day of the County Fair. We will have fun and I love spending time with her.

Last edited:
The Ogre had an extra couple of days in the hospital than planned (breathing problems)...he's well enough now to make me nuts.:wacko: I'm taking the afternoon off, taking my Niece to the street fair in town and the last day of the County Fair. We will have fun and I love spending time with her.

Glad to hear he is on the mend. And have loads of fun at the fair. I love fairs. My favorite is seeing all the handmade quilts. Oh, to be so talented.

I had to stay in after my surgery due to breathing as well and then it was TB who ended up with the C-PAP machine! I hope Shrek feels better soon for his sake... and yours ;)

We just got home from the vet and the infection in Violet's ear is getting better. We have an appointment for Tuesday to have the pocket drained.

We are going on a road-trip today! Some friends from TB's work have invited us to dinner at their place. He is an excellent cook and makes awesome meals. It is about an hour's drive from our new place so that cuts about a half hour off from our old place. I am going to have to rest from now until the time we leave but I am really looking forward to going.

Last edited:
The Ogre is still breathing...I'm taking his rest time as a chance to go outside and play in the yard time.

Taking advantage of the more civilized weather and turning the last of the heap of tomatoes Kenneth delivered last week into marinara sauce. Sure smells good in our house right now.

There's still nearly a whole baguette left I made earlier in the week, so it looks like pasta for supper tonight.

Well that is good news. But that is even better news. Everyone needs some "me" time.
PF, I agree with Addie on all counts!

I am doing laundry, marinating chicken for kabobs on the grill tonight, and emptying the last two boxes for the dining room - the first room to be completely unpacked and looking civilized!

The Ogre is still breathing...
I guess you haven't applied pillow therapy yet...:brows: Aw, I know you won't hurt the big lug...you :heart: him too much.

I've been sorting and tidying up around here, trying to make sure we'll be ready to get out of Dodge in two weeks. We'll be off to our summer visit with the kids, heading to OH by way of the Knoxville area. Why Knoxville, you might ask? Well, that's where Himself decided he would like to take the chance at getting a look at the total solar eclipse. The actual town we'll be headed to is less than an hour from Knoxville, but at least we'll be able to find something to do while waiting out the weekend (hotels are requiring a minimum two night stay) and if the weather doesn't cooperate.

Just got through straightening up after breakfast, and looking up information on insulin-to-carb ratios so I can make my case for switching from a pre-mixed insulin to a basal-bolus MDI system.

We are taking Violet in to get her ear drained today. She will come home with the "cone of shame" which will be interesting how she manages at the dog park.

The rest of my day will be continuing on my kitchen. Today is cleaning out the chest freezer so we can get it as empty as possible and defrosted. We will then be moving it from the kitchen to the balcony now that we have the approval to do so. Then I can get my last pantry in the kitchen and finally stop using baskets for my spices, etc.

I am also going to take some time to watch last night's "American Ninja Warrior". It is one of my favourite reality shows because it is really "real". I love how everyone cheers for everyone else, even to the point of changing shirts for each competitor! The back stories are also very moving.

Waiting for my daughter, she's at the clinic for a Dr. Appt. Hard to believe she will be off to college in 18 days, empty nesters.?

Back
Top Bottom