What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
rr, I swear once Himself retired, every day became a Saturday. :LOL: And during the summer, most days are "game days" - for baseball. If it weren't for the couple of shows I watch on TV, I'd never know what day it is.

Someone posted on my friends list on Facebook, "I was having a great Friday until I realized it was Wednesday. How is it only Wednesday?"

We shop Costco on a regular basis. We were there yesterday as part of our weekly grocery shopping. The Nashua, NH Costco is a couple of doors down from the supermarket we use.

Today, I took my sister shopping to a different Costco (closer to her home) for a family dinner on Sunday. As I was wandering around waiting for the boneless ribeye roast I ordered, I made a great discovery! There in the meat case among the beef and pork items were packages of vacuum-packed VEAL SHANKS!!!!! I couldn't believe my eyes and I quickly grabbed a 3+ pound package and put it in the cart. There is osso buco in my future!

I have never seen this item in the NH Costco.

We shop Costco on a regular basis. We were there yesterday as part of our weekly grocery shopping. The Nashua, NH Costco is a couple of doors down from the supermarket we use.

Today, I took my sister shopping to a different Costco (closer to her home) for a family dinner on Sunday. As I was wandering around waiting for the boneless ribeye roast I ordered, I made a great discovery! There in the meat case among the beef and pork items were packages of vacuum-packed VEAL SHANKS!!!!! I couldn't believe my eyes and I quickly grabbed a 3+ pound package and put it in the cart. There is osso buco in my future!

Great Andy!

Andy, I remember learning osso buco at school. I fell in love with it and made it a few times after but not in a long time. I doubt our Costco would have the same thing, but in our new town there is a traditional butcher I have wanted to try out.

Got the boss home from the hospital. His step sister is stying with him over the weekend. Home health care is starting Monday. I hired a guy to help us get ready for harvest. My cousin. He is painfully slow but consistent and a good mechanic. Took advantage of a break from running around the past week and went on a trip to the lakes. Only caught one fish but it was somewhat relaxing. Couldn't help worry about Randy and his first couple nights at home. Should have stayed home and worked this weekend but we were all drained mentally and physically from dealing with Randys stroke and getting his house ready along with the day to day operations.
Got home around noon and relaxing watching some Dexter on Netflix. Debateing having a beer.

Over the last couple of summers, I thought it would be nice to make up a couple jars of giardiniera. Today, I stopped thinking and "did". Two quarts plus a half pint later, I ended up with this - plus a short pint of lemony garlic cauliflower. Aren't they purdy? :D

Attachments

• 20171002_221032.jpg
    20171002_221032.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 85
Back
Top Bottom