What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Finally figured out what to do with Shrek's cell phone, we have the phones on a new (argh) 2 year contract, I'm paying for it, but don't need two cell phones. I have a sister who is struggling and has no phone, I'm going to give it to her for the two years left on the contract.
My phone is up for renewal. Just got out of contract and I broke the screen. I'm resisting the urge to get a new one. They are so expensive.

We had the much anticipated pack 165 pinewood derby. My nephew took first place in the wolf den. Zane didnt do too bad. They ran each car 6 times. 2 wins 3 second place and one 3rd but his times were not good enough to place.

I got first place in the outlaw class. Second place was also one of the the parents.

The kid with long hair is my nephew. The other is Zane. He painted his car and sanded it all by himself. They dont look like it in the picture but they are both really happy!View attachment 29275View attachment 29276View attachment 29277
That's so cool... Takes me back to my neighbor and I doing this with our sons in the early 70's... :)

Ross

My phone is up for renewal. Just got out of contract and I broke the screen. I'm resisting the urge to get a new one. They are so expensive.

Mine died during our trip to MI. I just bought a new one through Amazon for $155. It's a two-year-old model - newer than my old phone, but not the newest. You can save a lot of money that way. No way am I paying several hundred dollars for a smartphone.

Loved the pics, Jon - sounds like the young 'uns (and the 'big kids') had a great time!

Last edited:
Himself argues with his Kindle often, GG. I think when my Samsung needs replacing I'm getting another Samsung. I figure it's better if I dance with the devil I know. :LOL: I hope your mail comes early on Wednesday.

Farmer Jon, those Pinewood Derby pictures brought back some (old) memories. They're so cute at that age!

What am I doing right now? Sitting in my warm office (it's cold everywhere else), listening to David Gilmour's Live at Pompeii, writing in my journal after a 1.5 month hiatus and debating if I want to go upstairs and make some Garam Masala. I just don't feel like chopping onions...

Just got done cleaning the house, getting some books and dishes ready for my DH to take to Goodwill for me and I am still coughing a lot. Getting over a cold I think I got while I was in line at checkouts the other day. A man right behind me was coughing without covering his mouth.

Just got everything from 2017 enveloped up and ready to take to the tax guy on Tuesday. I'm not one for downloading TurboTax or whatever and figuring out something new. I'd rather just pay the guy who's done it for me for years, and call it good....I'm happy with him. :ermm::)

Last edited:
I just finished working on and photographing 68 cars and trucks, an estate collection. I am worn out. I have laundry I'm keeping in the garage until I can wash it -- it smells of gas and oil.

I had to build a makeshift "studio" in a big, ugly warehouse with no electricity, so I had to use a big Honda generator and filter the electricity to keep it from killing my photo-strobe lights. The warehouse has no electricity because it caught on fire years ago, and no longer meets local codes. The customer wouldn't pay for the rental of expensive lighting equipment, so I had to use the limited lighting gear that I own. That cost me a lot of stress.

Oh, it rained most of the week, and the roof leaked.

Soooo, I spent the week turd polishing. :( :LOL:

CD

Attachments

• F-California800600.jpg
    F-California800600.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 88
I'm being grumpy! :mad:

It's Girl Scout cookie season in my area and I wanted a box of Do-si-dos.

I checked the Girl Scout cookie tracker and found out that a group of scouts was going to be at a local bank from 9-12 today. I arrived at the bank about 9:15, no Girl Scouts. I asked the young lady I was meeting with and she confirmed that they were due to arrive at 9:00am. I took care of my business and left the bank at 9:30, still no sign of the Girl Scouts. I don't really care about the cookies but I do think that the people in charge of this group are doing these young women a disservice by not setting a good example and instilling in them the need to be punctual, honor commitments, etc...

Last edited:
I'm being grumpy! :mad:

It's Girl Scout cookie season in my area and I wanted a box of Do-si-dos.

I checked the Girl Scout cookie tracker and found out that a group of scouts was going to be at a local bank from 9-12 today. I arrived at the bank about 9:15, no Girl Scouts. I asked the young lady I was meeting with and she confirmed that they were due to arrive at 9:00am. I took care of my business and left the bank at 9:30, still no sign of the Girl Scouts. I don't really care about the cookies but I do think that the people in charge of this group are doing these young women a disservice by not setting a good example and instilling in them the need to be punctual, honor commitments, etc...

Same experience here, but I had chalked it up to the laid back town I live in. Nothing starts as advertised. Most stores have their times of operations listed as 10:00ish! I was at the cookie selling place at 10:00 as advertised. No cookie selling activity noted. So I shopped a bit and went back 15 minutes later and they were just setting up. I scored 7 boxes to distribute to various friends. I'm quietly munching on some smore cookies right now.

Absolutely agree, Aunt Bea. The whole point of the cookie sales program is to teach the girls these and other habits and values.

I'm lucky to have a Girl Scout as a neighbor (she also takes care of our cats when we go out of town), so I got my fix a couple weeks ago :yum:

The process of packing this rented house to move into the home daughter and SIL are purchasing, has begun...

My job is to make certain that faces remain smiling during tear down and pack up.. I do not allow snarls or snarkiness between packers.. ;)

Ross

Greetings from sunny Florida. Our cruise landed Friday morning and we discovered our flight home was canceled due to the weather. We rented a car and drove to SIL/BIL’s home in Melbourne and are staying here until tomorrow. The we go to the Hard Rock in Hollywood for two nights. Granddaughter thinks we can get a flight home Tuesday morning.

Did you enjoy the cruise Andy? Often those short ones aren't a good example of cruising if you didn't. They can get pretty wild as I recall, but glad you're still in the mood for the Hard Rock. Hey, old guys (and girls) rule.

Did you enjoy the cruise Andy? Often those short ones aren't a good example of cruising if you didn't. They can get pretty wild as I recall, but glad you're still in the mood for the Hard Rock. Hey, old guys (and girls) rule.

The Hard Rock is free to us as a comp for SO’s son. I did make a couple of hundred dollars playing blackjack.

Didn’t really enjoy the cruise. Too crowded, too claustrophobic, too noisy, too much standing in lines. The food was not great. Quantity does not make up for quality.

I’d rather go to an interesting place and enjoy that.

Didn’t really enjoy the cruise. Too crowded, too claustrophobic, too noisy, too much standing in lines. The food was not great. Quantity does not make up for quality.

I’d rather go to an interesting place and enjoy that.

I'm sorry to hear that. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed our cruise in the Caribbean. We made sure to choose one that stopped at a different island almost every day, so we could go ashore and see the sights. And the food was pretty good.

Most everyone likes cruising so I guess it’s me. When we stopped at Nassau they admonished us to stay on the main drag, don’t wear jewelry and don’t carry too much money!

Back
Top Bottom