"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-07-2014, 08:01 PM   #16511
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Hope it went well, PF, have a good sleep, Sweetie!

Old 01-07-2014, 08:18 PM   #16512
Senior Cook

Hello, everyone.

I want to thank all of you for your healing thoughts and prayers. I'm better now, thanks to you and Cat and her friends.
I'm glad the Ogress is back! We were concerned. We were also concerned about you, Laurie, and others here.

You all saw what happened with Cat and her Papa. I'm wondering if Cat would be a good ambassador someday, but you don't want to know what she said about that!

It's very, very cold here, but without snow or ice. I walked out onto the patio here with Azia, and this seems to be a damp cold. In Romania, cold weather is more hard and harsh. Anyway, when Azia was done, I was glad to get back inside! So was Azia!

Aunt Stela is still well. I don't know how she escaped the plague, but she's fine. I'm stuck here until the 28th because of travel restrictions but it's a treat to be with my daughter longer. Sometimes bad things have a very good side to them.

We're in mourning, so to speak. As you know, Catina will never see another season. I have full trust in Cat and her Papa to make the new Catina a much bigger, better boat. She's on the phone with him again now and it's very early in the morning there, but never mind. He and Cat have a lot on their hands now. Her Papa sent the crew home. The leak is too much and a harbor tug is taking her to a dry dock tonight. Cat was right. I knew she was right too, but I had to let them deal with it. The list was reduced to 4 degrees which made her stable enough to tug but not to tow. The harbor is full of ice and it will probably take at least two days to get her to the dry dock.

We spent our honeymoon on her, in the harbor. We didn't exactly need the crew for that. She was under the name of the English equivalent: Noble. It wasn't until we found Cat that her name was changed. It was just the two of us for a week and we had a blast! Grilling and eating on her deck under the stars, looking out on the sea, and we even slept out on the deck a few nights, under those stars. We'd go into Constanta and shop and just wander about in the daytime just looking around. That's how we got our Constanta home, by looking.

Time passes and things change. Cat came along and grew up, and so we are here. It breaks my heart to think of that beautiful boat being scrapped. Now she's looking up keels and hulls and all sorts of things. At least the new Catina won't have sails! Poor Cat fell off the main mast once! Never send a 10-year-old up there during a windstorm! She was only about 6 feet up, so she didn't get hurt.

Now that Cat understands about Catina I really wish she'd let me get rid of Snot! But, no, that's different. I'm stuck with it.

We're all feeling better, and thank you all again for thinking of me. I've never had pneumonia before; this is horrible!

I hope all of you are well, on the mend, and warm! Brrrr!

MammaCat

Old 01-07-2014, 09:05 PM   #16513
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
So nice to hear that you are feeling better MammaCat.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:11 PM   #16514
Proud American

I changed my signature. I hope no one is offended. Everyone knows now I think America is beautiful and I love my new country, that I'm trying to grow where I'm planted, as Katie suggested, I'll always remember Addie and her daughter, and every day when I drive I watch for motorcycles.

I think my signature from now on will reflect something going on that I care about, as now Catina is to be no longer and I must move on to help Papa with the new Catina whilst bringing her legacy forward. It won't be anything religious or political.

This new boat is my very first project with Papa and I also wish to carry on with our present Catina's legacy. I'll explain all this later in a post.

You all know me now, you know how I feel, you know what matters to me, so we're good with this, yes?

With much love,
~Cat
Old 01-07-2014, 10:32 PM   #16515
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
So nice to hear that you are feeling better MammaCat.
Thank you, Taxlady. Is Stirling feeling better this evening? We do hope so.

MammaCat
Old 01-07-2014, 10:33 PM   #16516
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I think it is a beautiful signature line. You must have PapaCat save a memento from the boat with "Catina" on it. And maybe make you a small keyfob from a piece of the Catina.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:35 PM   #16517
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Yes, MammaCat, I am glad you are feeling better, too and thanks for the thoughts and Love I felt coming from Asheville for me.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:44 PM   #16518
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I think it is a beautiful signature line. You must have PapaCat save a memento from the boat with "Catina" on it. And maybe make you a small keyfob from a piece of the Catina.
I have so very many plans for things from her! I'll post this later. Catina's legacy will be brought to the new boat and also to my family and my future children.

With love,
~Cat
Old 01-07-2014, 10:54 PM   #16519
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Yes, MammaCat, I am glad you are feeling better, too and thanks for the thoughts and Love I felt coming from Asheville for me.
I'm grateful you felt everything coming. We are still thinking of you during your recovery as well.

You've treated this entire issue with great humor and I admire that very much, and I'm sure your Shrek does too.

While I was ill, we watched Shrek and Shrek 2. I liked those movies, and I had no idea you were a movie star!

MammaCat
Old 01-07-2014, 10:57 PM   #16520
Proud American

I told you she was infamous, Mamma.

Oh, sorry, I meant famous.

With love,
~Cat