"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-05-2014, 04:35 PM   #17391
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
Can someone explain how this works? Who makes the video?
FB does it. Don't know which algorithm they use for creating...
Won't share mine, everybody must think I'm alcoholic from what is shown there...

LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 04:54 PM   #17392
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cara View Post

FB does it. Don't know which algorithm they use for creating...
Won't share mine, everybody must think I'm alcoholic from what is shown there...
But we already knew that!

Old 02-05-2014, 04:56 PM   #17393
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
And I take any job seriously CarolPA, so watch out! I will shake my cane at you if you even think of leaving!
:roflmao: I have a cane somewhere around here. Will find it, and shake it too!

Oh no, where did CarolPA go? Did we scare her off, LP?
Old 02-05-2014, 06:15 PM   #17394
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Sitting here eating a pear...
Old 02-05-2014, 06:36 PM   #17395
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
I've been watching them too. Didn't get the memo either, but it was surprisingly easy (almost creepily so!) to share a one minute movie!
Yeah...that's why I haven't done it. Too Creepy -alternating with Too Narcissistic. Plus, I resemble what Cara said: "
"Won't share mine, everybody must think I'm alcoholic from what is shown there... "
Old 02-05-2014, 06:40 PM   #17396
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
....I just finished mounting the microwave.
You know... there's a reason people replace "fitted" items, like under the counter appliances, with the same make and model. It's so all the holes line up!
They relocated the cord 2" over for some reason, so I had to drill another 1-1/2" hole up through the bottom of my cupboard....
Himself had a dickens of a time when he installed a microwave - replaced our over-the-range vent. Between the light being far back like yours and the vent being pretty inefficient I have no intentions of having a micro over a stove again. Next time, I want a big-ax professional vent that exhausts directly to the outside. None of this "blowing the smoke around to set off the alarms" deal. At least the last thing I seared (a chicken breast in a CI pan) I had the presence of mind to head to the sunroom...and then close the door between the sunroom and the main part of the house. The sunroom smelled like grilled chicken for two days.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:43 PM   #17397
Master Chef

I'm trying to come up with a plan for supper. Everything I think of sounds good...until I realize I don't want to bother with much. But I'm out of leftovers! We will eat...cereal is an option, right?
Old 02-05-2014, 06:47 PM   #17398
Chef Extraordinaire

My old one didn't do squat as far as smoke from cooking on the stove was concerned. I'm hoping the shoddy light placement has meant they relocated the internal ductwork so the fan works better. We shall see.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:47 PM   #17399
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Himself had a dickens of a time when he installed a microwave - replaced our over-the-range vent. Between the light being far back like yours and the vent being pretty inefficient I have no intentions of having a micro over a stove again. Next time, I want a big-ax professional vent that exhausts directly to the outside. None of this "blowing the smoke around to set off the alarms" deal. At least the last thing I seared (a chicken breast in a CI pan) I had the presence of mind to head to the sunroom...and then close the door between the sunroom and the main part of the house. The sunroom smelled like grilled chicken for two days.
I find it best to install everything myself. DH has absolutely no patience, and tends to scream at things or whack them with a hammer, like that will make them slide into place. I'm a lot more patient and easygoing. And I read the manuals!
Old 02-05-2014, 07:01 PM   #17400
Master Chef

He CAN do it Dawg, it's just that he abhors doing anything around the house. I told him just five minutes ago that I am not starting supper until he starts snowblowing the 10" in the driveway. I'm getting hangry...