"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-09-2014, 01:30 AM   #17511
Master Chef

I'm just waiting for the dishwasher to finish up so I can open it up and let them air dry. Then I should shower and go to sleep earlier than normal. We'll see. I do have to get up and be dressed and functional on Monday morning. The dishwasher repair guy is coming anytime from noon on to check it over and figure out why it sounds like an airplane revving its engine whenever the pump is working. I don't need him catching me in my nightgown! I'm tempted to use paper plates tomorrow so I have a completely empty dishwasher when he gets here - I don't want anything in there to get broken. At least it's still under (extended) warranty, so I have that going for us.

Old 02-09-2014, 06:23 AM   #17512
Chef Extraordinaire

Yes, you should probably have it empty in case he needs to pull the racks out.

Old 02-09-2014, 06:57 AM   #17513
Certified Pretend Chef

Having tres leches cake and coffee for breakfast then finishing packing. Then we head off the climb into the belly of the great silver bird who will fly us back to our homeland.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:31 AM   #17514
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Having tres leches cake and coffee for breakfast then finishing packing. Then we head off the climb into the belly of the great silver bird who will fly us back to our homeland.
It was too late to catch the giant luna moth, huh?

I just finished some toasted French bread with peabut butter on it.
The bread I bought yesterday has a stale layer already
Looks like I may have to rethink tonight's dinner of roasted marrow bones on crostini. On the plus side I'll have lots of croutons in another day or so
Old 02-09-2014, 07:48 AM   #17515
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Just ordered some theatre tickets online from Ticketmaster, about drove me nuts with the timer! FINALLY was able to print them, I forgot I already had an account and password with them, and by the time I found the PW, my time had run out and I had to start over.

I'm going to put linings in the jean purses I made last week.

I saw a pair of jeans I would love to use for a purse, but I don't think the woman wearing them is ready to give them up. LOL They had flap pockets in the back with glitz and bling. Maybe I will look for a pair like that at Goodwill. First I have to practice making purses from regular old jeans until I get the hang of it.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:12 AM   #17516
Head Chef

What am I doing right now? Nursing a hangover. I didn't have a drink all week (actually quite unusual for me) and then went to a Scotch tasting last night to benefit the Smoky Mountain Highland Games. Came back to the house afterwards and shared four beers with a good friend. Woke up this morning with an upset stomach and a hangover headache compounded by a sinus headache (woke up with one nostril completely blocked). Miserable, but at least I had a good time last night.

Trader Scott's Tiki Bar & Lounge
phinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:18 AM   #17517
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post

I saw a pair of jeans I would love to use for a purse, but I don't think the woman wearing them is ready to give them up. LOL They had flap pockets in the back with glitz and bling. Maybe I will look for a pair like that at Goodwill. First I have to practice making purses from regular old jeans until I get the hang of it.
It's super easy, Carol! I just hacked off the legs, sewed up the bottom, and made the strap from the seam of one of the legs.

I'm thinking about having a cup of coffee, need to go out and get the paper.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:23 AM   #17518
Senior Cook

I'm missing football. :(
Old 02-09-2014, 09:24 AM   #17519
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinz View Post
What am I doing right now? Nursing a hangover. I didn't have a drink all week (actually quite unusual for me) and then went to a Scotch tasting last night to benefit the Smoky Mountain Highland Games. Came back to the house afterwards and shared four beers with a good friend. Woke up this morning with an upset stomach and a hangover headache compounded by a sinus headache (woke up with one nostril completely blocked). Miserable, but at least I had a good time last night.
I'm not getting drunk! I'm doing charity work! :)
Old 02-09-2014, 11:35 AM   #17520
Chef Extraordinaire

I just got back from the grocery store. I needed bread and milk, but the 8 pc fried chicken was looking especially tempting as well as the Almond Joy bar. I recall them not having the chicken out at 11:00AM and am glad times have changed.