What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We are about to cook tea :chef: It is freezing here tonight..time to put my new fluffy, soft dressing gown on :)

I've wanted to do this for a couple of years but I think the only place within 60 miles has stopped offering it.

I thought their website said health department required the fish be put in fresh water for each new client so the water can't share foot diseases.
I looked up the fish they use, garra rufa. Fish pedicures have been made illegal in a lot of states and provinces on the basis that it isn't sanitary. I don't think anyone has actually done any studies on how likely you are to catch something from a fish pedicure.

Nanny gov't. Next they won't let us use a shared swimming pool.

I am becoming addicted to the police scanner...I live near the fire station and a few weeks ago I stumbled upon a scanner for my area so whenever I hear them taking off, I go to the scanner and find out the scuttlebut. Now I have started to listen just for random fun. Boat motors being stolen, improper plates on trailers, speeding tickets, oooooohhh. So exciting.
I went here and the first choice was the police and emergency services scanner for my area. TuneIn: Listen to Online Radio, Music and Talk Stations

I am becoming addicted to the police scanner...I live near the fire station and a few weeks ago I stumbled upon a scanner for my area so whenever I hear them taking off, I go to the scanner and find out the scuttlebut. Now I have started to listen just for random fun. Boat motors being stolen, improper plates on trailers, speeding tickets, oooooohhh. So exciting.
I went here and the first choice was the police and emergency services scanner for my area. TuneIn: Listen to Online Radio, Music and Talk Stations

Shrek says, "Thank you!"

Neato, thanks for the link. I could have used that when I was curious about a huge number of fire trucks, fire chiefs' cars, and a few ambulances that were on the main street a block from me. I never did find out what that was about. Of course it's in French and not exactly CBC French. It'll take me a few moments to get my head in gear to understand it.

What am I doing right now? PROCRASTINATING! :whistling Reading DC and eating almonds instead of finishing packing up my classroom. I've been piddling at it since before school was out on May 25. Sorting, throwing out, filing, boxing, labeling, pushing the box from one side of the room to the stack on the other side. I'm to the point where nothing belongs together, nor do they fit nicely in a box.:ermm: I think I'm going to end up with about 50 boxes of varying sizes. Maintenance is going to LOVE transporting all of them plus 4 rectangular tables, two large horseshoe tables, a podium, 2 4-drawer file & 1 2-drawer file cabinet, a bookcase, 15 chairs and a full size refrigerator.
Even sadder, once they get it all moved, I have to unpack it and find a place to put everything before open house on Aug 15. Did I mention I hate moving?

Cindercat said:
What am I doing right now? PROCRASTINATING! :whistling Reading DC and eating almonds instead of finishing packing up my classroom. I've been piddling at it since before school was out on May 25. Sorting, throwing out, filing, boxing, labeling, pushing the box from one side of the room to the stack on the other side. I'm to the point where nothing belongs together, nor do they fit nicely in a box.:ermm: I think I'm going to end up with about 50 boxes of varying sizes. Maintenance is going to LOVE transporting all of them plus 4 rectangular tables, two large horseshoe tables, a podium, 2 4-drawer file & 1 2-drawer file cabinet, a bookcase, 15 chairs and a full size refrigerator.
Even sadder, once they get it all moved, I have to unpack it and find a place to put everything before open house on Aug 15. Did I mention I hate moving?

I've moved every two years since 99 . Plus moving myself on three deployments and a year in Korea. I hate moving too. I know your pain.

We too have done a bit of moving in our time :rolleyes:

We were renting at one point and had to move to 3 different houses/townhouses within about 3.5 years as they end up selling the house while you are still there!

So we were doing sooo much moving and hiring removalist for all our furniture and belongings, so very annoying to have to do it so often and in such short amount of spaces!

We now own our own home and have done for 2.5 years now, which is bliss! No more moving :)

I'm watching the Canadian Football League season opener games. It is a little bittersweet because I don't have Dad here to share it with. With all the coach and player changes we would have had tons to take about! :rolleyes:

procrastinating is one of my signature occupations. munching on almonds sounds like the perfect accompaniment to this otherwise rather gruesome use of time--thank you! :)

I'm watching the Canadian Football League season opener games. It is a little bittersweet because I don't have Dad here to share it with. With all the coach and player changes we would have had tons to take about! :rolleyes:

Laurie, this is going to be a year of 'firsts.' The first time you and your father aren't together to watch the opener of the CFL. The first of many things that are going to invoke memories. Try to dwell only on the happy part of those memories. It will get easier as time passes. I promise. :angel:

finish with chores for the day. gonna pile in bed soon and read. did some knitting, need to keep at it so will be done by christmas.

I put aside the afghan I am making for my granddaughter. It is just too hot to have it sitting on my lap when I am working on it. So I started to embroidery again. I will pick up the afghan again in the fall when it starts to get cooler. Embroidery thread is so much cooler than wool yarn. :ermm:

Sitting next to my honey watching the Red Sox game from the west coast while playing Word with Friends with my daughters.

Back
Top Bottom