"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-11-2014, 04:04 PM   #19361
Senior Cook

Just finished vacuuming, and I'm grabbing a quick bite to eat. After I eat, I'll finish straightening the kitchen and guest washroom on the main floor. My in laws are coming for a quiet Mother's Day dinner, and hubby is doing all the cooking!

Old 05-11-2014, 04:06 PM   #19362
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
The quick way to find it is by clicking the little box, in the quote, with a chevron/arrow next to the person's name. That will take you back to the original post. I had to do that twice in this case, to get back to where the hydrangeas are mentioned.
That sounded like a really neat hint---- and one I didn't know about.

But it didn't work for me. I still had to plod through a lot of posts to find out the origin. What am I missing here?

But I see Pacanis found a way to keep things a mystery. Pac posted on Post # 21002

"Nice tip, Taxy!"

Nothing to say what that tip was and no quote for that little arrow to show up in.

Oh, my---- curiouser and curiouser.

Old 05-11-2014, 04:22 PM   #19363
Master Chef

Quote:
The quick way to find it is by clicking the little box, in the quote, with a chevron/arrow next to the person's name. That will take you back to the original post. I had to do that twice in this case, to get back to where the hydrangeas are mentioned.

Like!
Old 05-11-2014, 04:48 PM   #19364
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by cave76 View Post

But it didn't work for me. I still had to plod through a lot of posts to find out the origin. What am I missing here?

But I see Pacanis found a way to keep things a mystery. Pac posted on Post # 21002

"Nice tip, Taxy!"

Nothing to say what that tip was and no quote for that little arrow to show up in.

Oh, my---- curiouser and curiouser.
That was for those of us paying attention to the conversation
Old 05-11-2014, 04:48 PM   #19365
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by cave76 View Post

But it didn't work for me. I still had to plod through a lot of posts to find out the origin. What am I missing here?...
Did you click the box? I put a red arrow. Click it once to see the quoted post. That didn't show me the quote I wanted so, I clicked the box in the quoted text of the post the previous click brought me to. Aha! Hyacinthe!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	quote box.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	21246  
Old 05-11-2014, 04:49 PM   #19366
Chef Extraordinaire

So, I readied the smoker and put the food on. And as I was doing so I saw a rabbit chasing a crow that had landed in the yard. Odd, I thought.
And then I saw the reason. The crow must have invaded the mama rabbit's nest, because it had an extremely small, thin bunny in it's mouth.
I had no idea crows would do that.
Old 05-11-2014, 04:58 PM   #19367
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I didn't know crows did that either. Doesn't surprise me much. Did mama bunny get back her baby? Was it still alive?
Old 05-11-2014, 05:50 PM   #19368
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
So, I readied the smoker and put the food on. And as I was doing so I saw a rabbit chasing a crow that had landed in the yard. Odd, I thought.
And then I saw the reason. The crow must have invaded the mama rabbit's nest, because it had an extremely small, thin bunny in it's mouth.
I had no idea crows would do that.
Crows are scavengers. They along with buzzards clean up the earth of dead matter. If there is none around, then they hunt for fresh meat.
Old 05-11-2014, 05:58 PM   #19369
Chef Extraordinaire

I went to my daughter's home for an Italian dinner. After we had a long talk about her cancer. She informed me that her memory has been affected to the point that she doesn't remember her childhood. And although the tumor is shrinking, there are little tentacles threads of the tumor that have gone crawling throughout her brain.

I know I have been saying that I always want the full truth. And I sure got it today. Happy Mother's Day. Sure.
Old 05-11-2014, 06:01 PM   #19370
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
I didn't know crows did that either. Doesn't surprise me much. Did mama bunny get back her baby? Was it still alive?
It was hanging limp in the crow's mouth. It was so small, hamster size, that I'm sure the crow killed it simply picking it from the nest. The crow dropped it when chased, but came back to pick it up after the rabbit ran off. Then it headed into some trees to eat and flew off with the rest. There was another crow in the trees watching.