What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Getting ready to drive myself across the river (on a horrid bridge) to my respirologist appointment. It is way hot today, I can not have my inhalers until after the appointment and I am nervous about the drive.

So, to treat myself to a job well done, I am going to my favourite store and buying these amazing English style sausage rolls for my lunch afterwards!

Taking a short break in my recliner before I bring the daughter to voice lessons then I'm off to the pool for deep water class. It does wonders for my bad knees.

Getting ready to drive myself across the river (on a horrid bridge) to my respirologist appointment. It is way hot today, I can not have my inhalers until after the appointment and I am nervous about the drive.

So, to treat myself to a job well done, I am going to my favourite store and buying these amazing English style sausage rolls for my lunch afterwards!
DH drove me in as I was pretty shaky and I coughed all the way there and all the way through the appointment. My oxygen levels are fine but my breathing tests were low so I unfortunately am back on prednisone for a week. I also have to wean off my anti-inflamatory because it is hampering my asthma. Just when I was thinking I was getting done with doctors....:wacko:

We grabbed tacos on the way home because we were way late for DH to get to work. He made it on time, but was a bit rushed. What a great man I am married to that he puts me first! :wub:

So glad your Hubby puts you first. So nice to hear that there are still some great ones out there. Mine is a sweety too. Gotta love those guys who tale care of us.

Getting ready to go out to water our veggie container garden. The first of two daily waterings due to the drought here. Then I'll come back in and finish the oven-roasted tomato sauce and get it canned before I make a blueberry pie. That'll be the extent of my strenuous work today.

I need to take things easy the next two weeks because I have been taken off all my arthritis meds until surgery on the 25th. I don't have much of consequence planned for the next two weeks because I know I'll be very uncomfortable and will have little use of my hands. Plus my arthritic right knee will certainly make its presence known.

Katie have you considered covering the dirt in the pots with a couple of layers of burlap? Soak them really good when you are watering your plants. It will help hold in the moisture in the dirt. :)

Getting ready to go out to water our veggie container garden. The first of two daily waterings due to the drought here. Then I'll come back in and finish the oven-roasted tomato sauce and get it canned before I make a blueberry pie. That'll be the extent of my strenuous work today.

I need to take things easy the next two weeks because I have been taken off all my arthritis meds until surgery on the 25th. I don't have much of consequence planned for the next two weeks because I know I'll be very uncomfortable and will have little use of my hands. Plus my arthritic right knee will certainly make its presence known.
Katie,
so glad you've decided to get your hands fixed. Any surgery is no fun but a life filled with pain is no way to live either. Good luck I'll be thinking of you.
kades

DH drove me in as I was pretty shaky and I coughed all the way there and all the way through the appointment. My oxygen levels are fine but my breathing tests were low so I unfortunately am back on prednisone for a week. I also have to wean off my anti-inflamatory because it is hampering my asthma. Just when I was thinking I was getting done with doctors....:wacko:

We grabbed tacos on the way home because we were way late for DH to get to work. He made it on time, but was a bit rushed. What a great man I am married to that he puts me first! :wub:
Give him a big hug, he is truly a great man. Glad you got one who loves you so much.
ma

I just read that Marion Cunningham has died. She was 90 y.o. She helped and rewrote the Fannie Farmer's Cookbook. Also wrote some cookbooks of her own, including The Breakfast Cookbook.

She was suffering from Alzheimer's Disease. :angel:

I just read that Marion Cunningham has died. She was 90 y.o. She helped and rewrote the Fannie Farmer's Cookbook. Also wrote some cookbooks of her own, including The Breakfast Cookbook.

She was suffering from Alzheimer's Disease. :angel:

I thought Marion Cunningham was Richie and Joanie Cunningham's mother...

Hello everyone :)

Well it is Friday 13th here...but all has gone well so far today :LOL:

I have a day at home today and have been very busy with ironing and housework etc

Hope everyone is having a lovely day/night

Still working on sales tax reports & income tax returns. I think all the data entry is done. I subcontracted some of that to a friend. I have to look through what he has done. I have to fix some of it. Looks like I will have to pull an all-nighter. I promised these two years worth of stuff to the client for noon, later today, Friday (since it's past midnight here). Oh well, back to the salt mines.

Still working on sales tax reports & income tax returns. I think all the data entry is done. I subcontracted some of that to a friend. I have to look through what he has done. I have to fix some of it. Looks like I will have to pull an all-nighter. I promised these two years worth of stuff to the client for noon, later today, Friday (since it's past midnight here). Oh well, back to the salt mines.

Taxy, when is your tax time over there?

It is that time of the year for us..after June 30th here :)

I can added to the list of those thinking of Mrs. C!

I just spent the last 4 hours entertaining (or being entertained by) my next door neighbour's 7 year old granddaughter. We looked at my cake decorating books, played with the dogs and talked about life in general :LOL: It is amazing the insight of a 7 year old!

Her grandma had to be taken back to the hospital and we didn't want to worry her. I was sorry to see her go back home!

LP, sounds like you have all had a lovely day :)

We have recently had tea and I am now playing a new word game I bought on the pc, it is very addictive

10.45am Friday

Just arrived in Puglia, Italia at the Condo a half hour ago ...

Sitting on the Terrace overlooking Sea and catching up on my emails ...

This is heaven on earth,
Have a lovely wkend.
Ciao. Margaux.

Back
Top Bottom