"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-29-2014, 04:13 AM   #21701
Chef Extraordinaire

In the wee hours of the morning and I have been searching the web for a garlic baker. After reading reviews till they are coming out of my ears, this is what I think I have settled for.

http://www.amazon.com/Charcoal-Compa...garlic+roaster

I always look at the one star reviews first. And what I read about some of them, left me impressed enough to bypass the product. Anyone had a great success with one and still going strong? I am open to suggestions. I may just end up with the tried and true foil with olive oil drizzle with salt.

Old 10-29-2014, 05:51 AM   #21702
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
In the wee hours of the morning and I have been searching the web for a garlic baker. After reading reviews till they are coming out of my ears, this is what I think I have settled for.

Amazon.com : Charcoal Companion Cast Iron Garlic Roaster & Squeezer Set - CC5127 : Garlic Roasters : Patio, Lawn & Garden

I always look at the one star reviews first. And what I read about some of them, left me impressed enough to bypass the product. Anyone had a great success with one and still going strong? I am open to suggestions. I may just end up with the tried and true foil with olive oil drizzle with salt.
I'm old, cheap, and have no room for such things!

I would definitely go with the scrap of aluminum foil and oil!

Yesterday I had to wait for a prescription in the local drug store and saw this while I was browsing!

Amazon.com: 2-Pack Rapid Ramen Cooker: Microwave Oven Accessories: Kitchen & Dining

His and hers Rapid Ramen Cookers, I've lived too long!

Old 10-29-2014, 07:20 AM   #21703
Executive Chef

I see a lot of garlic bakers at the Goodwill store, so apparently people don't use them and donate them. I don't make enough roasted garlic to use one, but if you would use it often, go for it!

I always read the bad reviews first, also. In some instances you can tell that the person was using the item improperly. I always post reviews of the things I buy.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:46 AM   #21704
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
...Yesterday I had to wait for a prescription in the local drug store and saw this while I was browsing!

Amazon.com: 2-Pack Rapid Ramen Cooker: Microwave Oven Accessories: Kitchen & Dining

His and hers Rapid Ramen Cookers, I've lived too long!

That's absurd! I use a bowl.
Old 10-31-2014, 12:13 AM   #21705
Master Chef

I just watched "The Great Pumpkin", starring the Peanuts crew. I'll never outgrow it. Charles Schultz was a genius.

Had a bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream while I was watching it, with a purring kitty by my side.
Old 10-31-2014, 09:09 PM   #21706
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Glenn's busy taking his evening shower and I'm sitting on the sofa with tears streaming down my cheeks.

We just finished our wonderful anniversary dinner and he totally and completely surprised me with a gift that is beyond...

He gave me a pair of diamond stud earrings. I never imagined he would think of anything like this. He's totally against how many of the diamonds are sold/mined and diamonds would have been the last thing I thought he would have purchased. I was floored and I'll never take them off. What a sweetheart!!!!!

P.S. He told me they were non-conflict diamonds.
Old 10-31-2014, 09:13 PM   #21707
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie H View Post
Glenn's busy taking his evening shower and I'm sitting on the sofa with tears streaming down my cheeks.

We just finished our wonderful anniversary dinner and he totally and completely surprised me with a gift that is beyond...

He gave me a pair of diamond stud earrings. I never imagined he would think of anything like this. He's totally against how many of the diamonds are sold/mined and diamonds would have been the last thing I thought he would have purchased. I was floored and I'll never take them off. What a sweetheart!!!!!

Oh Katie. You have a gem with just Glen at your side. You are indeed a most fortunate woman to have such a precious jewel in your life. Make sure you look in the mirror at least once a day so you can see them and send Glen a bit of love wherever he is. He will feel it, I am sure.
Old 11-01-2014, 06:53 AM   #21708
Head Chef

Certain things show your age. I had to dig a hole for my virginia creeper plant....45 cm deep x 45 cm wide. Admittedly I didn't do it all in one go....or even in 1 day! I did it in spurts of about 30 mins, trying to make some headway into compact clay! My body quickly showed signs of aching so could only do about 3 bouts a day. Got the plant in by the 3rd day! (Had to settle for somewhat less than 45 cm).

It is a beautiful plant and one I always wanted to paint (watercolours). Now I will be able to do that!
Old 11-01-2014, 12:01 PM   #21709
Head Chef

Location: The Gateway to the Grand Canyon, wishing I was back home in Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie H View Post

That's incredibly sweet!
I get pots and pans all the better to cook him good food
Old 11-01-2014, 02:38 PM   #21710
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

We just had a new grocery chain open their first store here, Publix. The place is a mad house, this is the first new chain to open here in a long time and Publix fans are traveling from far and wide to see it. The place is a mad house, which makes me chuckle because it isn't like we don't have a lot of really nice grocery stores here. Of course I had to check it out and while nice, they aren't going to win people over on price, but they have a lot of nice offerings. They were smart to build their first store in one of the most affluent areas of town. With it being that crazy, I was out of there quick!

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote