What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i'd like to say one thing more about pain pills and pain, and then i'll shut up. promise. this was told to me by our doctor, and also by more than one nurse: holding off taking pain medication, allowing the pain to build up, makes it much harder for the pain pill to do its job. taking the pain medication before the pain becomes unbearable, then maintaining a level of tolerable pain is a much more effective way to go. you actually use medication more efficiently this way--that is, less of it, and probably save yourself a great deal of suffering as well....

i'd like to say one thing more about pain pills and pain, and then i'll shut up. promise. this was told to me by our doctor, and also by more than one nurse: holding off taking pain medication, allowing the pain to build up, makes it much harder for the pain pill to do its job. taking the pain medication before the pain becomes unbearable, then maintaining a level of tolerable pain is a much more effective way to go. you actually use medication more efficiently this way--that is, less of it, and probably save yourself a great deal of suffering as well....

+1 from Nurse Ratchet:rolleyes:

SO has been baking and I have been right behind her trying to keep up with washing the pans, cooling racks, mixing bowls. (...and a roasting pan from Friday. Ooops)

Shrek is nodding off to the TV...Me? I'm waking him up to ask him if he's done watching TV and why doesn't he just go lay down...the football pre-pre-pre-game shows are ridiculous!

Absolutely! I have primary quality control responsibility. Today's anise cookies and eggnog cookies were both excellent.

Dad taste tests all the regular baking (though I have to watch his sugar levels) and DH of course is quality control on the gulten free items.

Yesterday Dad had to taste one each of the five shapes of whipped shortbread I made with the new cookie press....had to make sure they were all the same! :ROFLMAO: Thankfully the sugar content was low. ;)

Watching Come Dine With Me, drinking cider, waiting to reheat my homemade tomato soup for my dinner, and cook mum and her hubby pasta and cheese, mum's craving apparently! Bad sign! ;)

DH and I just got done covering the bedroom windows with clear plastic (what a job). Trying to keep the heating bills down a little.

8th of 9 performances of The Nutcracker onstage right now, Waltz of the flowers is just starting. Waiting for my last cues and a quick break! then one more show and strike this evening and the crew and I are going for well deserved beers and snacks at the pub before we have to load in the next show tomorrow.

8th of 9 performances of The Nutcracker onstage right now, Waltz of the flowers is just starting. Waiting for my last cues and a quick break! then one more show and strike this evening and the crew and I are going for well deserved beers and snacks at the pub before we have to load in the next show tomorrow.

i love the nutcracker! what is your part in it, slett?

No one is lazier than me today. It's gorgeous outside and I've been watching football instead of doing some outside things I've been putting off. Waiting for the Tebow comeback...

Watching curling/golf/car racing/hockey with Dad often all day, letting butter soften and waiting for DH to bring me eggs and so I can do some baking later on.

just finished putting rocks in a tall cannister. why? you ask. i stuck the trunk of my christmas tree into it. hoping charlie can't knock it over this time. few dishes to go in washer. load of towels to fold. after an hour session with coffee and newspaper, that's about it.

Back
Top Bottom