"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-21-2012, 03:14 PM   #3581
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by blissful View Post
Thanks for all the suggestions to stay cooler.
We did decide to A/C one room last night--after sopping my head, after laying under a fan with wet cloths, after ice cubes in front of the fan.
I'M COOLER--temperature wise and probably cooler 70's jargon wise too. It's expensive so it's not going to stay on unless it is over 90 degrees.

I'm buying a small plastic (not blow up) pool today, next time I'll plunge myself into it before becoming so miserable with the heat. I'm sorry for complaining about something so many people can just 'take'. How do they do it? I dreamed of snow yesterday. When snow covers the ground I dream of spring.

I'm not particularly an unhappy person, I was just way past my limit for heat yesterday.
It can get dangerous when it is so hot. Specially for the elderly. Take care and drink, drink, drink plenty of cold water. Don't get dehydrated.

Old 06-21-2012, 03:27 PM   #3582
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blissful
Thanks for all the suggestions to stay cooler.
We did decide to A/C one room last night--after sopping my head, after laying under a fan with wet cloths, after ice cubes in front of the fan.
I'M COOLER--temperature wise and probably cooler 70's jargon wise too. It's expensive so it's not going to stay on unless it is over 90 degrees.

I'm buying a small plastic (not blow up) pool today, next time I'll plunge myself into it before becoming so miserable with the heat. I'm sorry for complaining about something so many people can just 'take'. How do they do it? I dreamed of snow yesterday. When snow covers the ground I dream of spring.

I'm not particularly an unhappy person, I was just way past my limit for heat yesterday.
Here ya go, Blissful, someone to share your pool!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2331692582.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	279.7 KB
ID:	13986

Old 06-21-2012, 03:42 PM   #3583
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
It can get dangerous when it is so hot. Specially for the elderly. Take care and drink, drink, drink plenty of cold water. Don't get dehydrated.
got it.....
I'm not elderly yet, I'm working my way there---I've never been able to handle the heat, not in my childhood, teenage years, ever...I wonder if I was stolen from an eskimo tribe, definitely not from an african tribe.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:43 PM   #3584
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Here ya go, Blissful, someone to share your pool!

Attachment 13986
Awe isn't he/she lovable.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:10 PM   #3585
Senior Cook

Lol, Dawgluver! Is it your pup? Very smart!
Old 06-21-2012, 04:12 PM   #3586
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolledeig
Lol, Dawgluver! Is it your pup? Very smart!
No, not mine, but he's got the right idea!

From FB, to remind folks to keep their pets cool.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:05 PM   #3587
Chef Extraordinaire

Trying to figure out a good vacation this summer with the family. The daughter & dh really want to go to florida & do disney. I have osteoarthritiis in my knees. The water exercises have been helping some. Big mistake, last night I tried aqua zumba. My right knee has been killing me all day. I am wondering how I would be able to walk the miles & miles through disney.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:09 PM   #3588
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I've started taking my shower in the afternoon during the hottest part of the day 3-4pm and not drying off all the way, then I sit in front of a fan.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:41 PM   #3589
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
Trying to figure out a good vacation this summer with the family. The daughter & dh really want to go to florida & do disney. I have osteoarthritiis in my knees. The water exercises have been helping some. Big mistake, last night I tried aqua zumba. My right knee has been killing me all day. I am wondering how I would be able to walk the miles & miles through disney.
I think I remember that Disney has scooters to rent. Give them a call and find out. I know when I went to Dollywood, they had them and I rented one. Saved the day for me. They have hills. Steep hills.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:44 PM   #3590
Senior Cook

They have wheelchairs at Disney you can rent. I went to Disney a couple of weeks ago. At least the one in California rented them. Check online.