What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good evening guys :)

Today I have done a bit of shopping, a bit of ironing, some housework and now relaxing with a cup of tea just chilling out!

It is Australia Day here tomorrow, the 26th January...thinking maybe a BBQ lunch :)

i'm watching a live feed from a news helicopter over east los angeles covering the standoff between a burgular and the police.

if that were nyc, there'd be hundreds of people on the street shouting, "jump! jump!"

Finished up the last of our normal Friday housecleaning and three loads of laundry, one of which made its way to the clothesline outside. That's one of the reasons I loooooove crawling into bed on Friday night. The sheets smell heavenly from being outside all day.

I'm waiting for my dough for English muffins to finish its first rise so I can form the muffins and set them for their final rise.

I just helped Glenn search the Internet to get information on an old shotgun he has. It's a beautiful Remington that we've discovered dates back to about 1930. He's kept it perfectly and it looks like new.

In a few minutes I'm going to finish another premie hat. This'll make number 57. My goal is 100 and, at the rate I'm going, it won't be long before I get there. Then...what am I going to knit?:ohmy:

i'm watching a live feed from a news helicopter over east los angeles covering the standoff between a burgular and the police.

if that were nyc, there'd be hundreds of people on the street shouting, "jump! jump!"

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Thanks for the belly laugh bt. So true. :angel:

Happy Australia Day to any Aussies here :)

Today we are heading our for a walk as it is such a perfect day out there, then we will be working on our next card game, then this afternoon we are watching Lord Of The Rings The Two Towers on blu ray :)

Happy Australia Day to Kylie and to all our DC Aussies!!!

Last edited:
Apparently Jan. 26, which means it's Australia Day today in Australia, but not till tomorrow for us Americanos.

oops, maybe I'm a few days off. I'll have to look when I'm around that calendar again.

Ready to throw a couple of frozen pizza's in the oven for supper. So happy it's friday. Looking forward to catching up on sleep this weekend.

We have been out for our walk, nice power walk, feeling good now ;)

Have had morning tea, a later one, just a banana and a handful of almonds :)

Nearly time for lunch, nice homemade hamburger YUM!!

Then we are going to retire to the lounge room for a few hours and watch LOTR The Two Towers :)

Pac, you are not going mad :LOL:

The public holiday is on the Monday, but Australia Day is always on the 26th January :)

Ahhh... much like many of our holidays have been moved to Mondays. Well, some of them :wacko:
And here I've been watching my "sleeping puppies" calendar in wait of wishing you a happy holiday when it arrived ;)

I am almost in tears. This clown of a painter that the management company hired left a mess behind. I have been doing a walk through all day listing all the items he got paint on that wasn't a wall or ceiling. He used no drop cloths. Everytime I touch or go to use something, it has splatter of paint on it. My brand new wheelchair that I haven't even got to use yet. My daughter bought it for me so she could take me shopping for clothes and other outings. I just can't walk more than ten feet without stopping and resting my hip and spine. It is covered with splatter paint from the rollers on the ceilings. My vacuum cleaner. My dead daughter's picture. And on and on. Who the hell is going to clean up this mess. I know I can't do it. And I certainly don't want this clown back into my home to do more damage.

Management is coming Monday morning to do a walk through. They better not have him with them. I have an open word document and everytime I find another thing with paint on it, it gets added to the list. :angel:

Addie, I am so sorry to here this. I know how upsetting that can be, specially when you can't do anything about it. I hope you can get it straightened out with the management company.
{{{{{{{{{{{{{Addie}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Back
Top Bottom